Which manufacturer of camera do you use?

Which manufactuer of camera do you use?

• Canon

Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Nikon

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Olympus

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Fuji

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Casio

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Epson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hasselblad

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Kodak

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Konica

• Leica

• Minolta

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Polaroid

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Praktica

• Ricoh

• Samsung

• Sigma

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Vivitar

• Pentax

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
Nikon here as well - I'm only going for what I use for work - I also have a couple of Leicas, a Pentax 67 and a 'Blad 500c.

I agree Nikon have dropped the ball when it comes to marketing and that some of thier new lenses are stunning - I've now got the 70-200 f/2.8 VR zoom nikkor and it's utterly fabulous. All of the images taken on it so far are pinners and the focus-lock actually works on moving subjects at last - that'll teach me for using 10-year old lenses.

Ah, now there's nothing quite like the reassuring sound of the shutter going on a Nikon FM3A!

Where's Bronica and Mamiya on the poll?

Hoodi!?
What are you smoking boy?
How could it possibly be cool to shoot with Noisekon,dang I mean Nikon:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :canon: :canon:

IanC_UK said:
about 30 pro togs pointing various cameras etc at Maria Sharapova, 27 of them were Canon !
:notworthy:
Oh by the way: 76% of the registered proS:woot: at Athens olympic games shot...
CANON

Anton Roland said:
Hoodi!?
What are you smoking boy?
How could it possibly be cool to shoot with Noisekon,dang I mean Nikon:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :canon: :canon:

If Nikon's are inferior to Canon's that makes any good shots from a Nikonian extra impressive!.

Therefore : Cool. It's always cool to be the underdog :D

Hoodi said:
If Nikon's are inferior to Canon's that makes any good shots from a Nikonian extra impressive!.

Damn good comeback sir, damn good comeback (y)

Hoodi said:

Was that a Nikonian admitting that Nikons are indeed inferior to Canons:naughty:

Only jokin BTW(y)

Hoodi said:

Oh Hoodi
If this gets you through the day I reckon you'd better stick with it then:LOL:

Sorry fellas - Canon may have the edge with digi resolution, but the build-quality of Nikons is still better. Film cameras? faggedaboudit - Nikons all the way - F3 was awesome (F4 was an abberation so we'll skip over that one) and the F5? Well, I'll never sell mine, put it that way.
The AFP photographer who was with us today had on of his Canons die on him in the heat. Screens went black and no amount of cooling (damp cloths whirled around then wrapped round it) would get it going again.
He told me that last month in Iraq his other body (this was a new one) had died from dust ingress seizing the controls.
Happy to report my D2x bodies are still going strong - no probs in the 55C heat (even though they get so hot I have to wear a pair of flying gloves to shoot with them) and no probs with the dust.

They all used to think the Earth was flat and was the centre of the Universe as well... time will tell...

The fact is like them or hate them - having Canon and Nikon competing against each other will ensure lower than otherwise likely prices aswell as continued R&D into new technologies.

Perfect example of this is the continued decline in the prices of dSLRs from both Nikon and Canon since the 300D was released.

:canon: (y)

Go on Arkady
Admit it you REALLY WANT A CANON:LOL:

Or BETTER YET:
I'm sure you own one already and keep it hidden in a cupboard somewhere...:LOL: :LOL: :D

Arkady said:
They all used to think the Earth was flat and was the centre of the Universe as well... time will tell...

:eek: you mean it isn't!

Code:
Originally Posted by Arkady 

I suppose that your also going to try and tell us that the flat plate of the world isn't supported by 6 giant elephants :annoyed:

:canon:

:olympus:

Canon here too!

:canon:

Back