Which photography youtube channels do you subscribe to?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Are there any photography youtube channels you subscribe to or have learnt a lot from? I am keen to learn more.

Thanks,
i

Tom Heston's vlog is worth watching, and I like The Art of Photography by Ted Forbes, and Ted Vieira is the coolest dude on the Tube

The Northrup's and Matt Granger are good. Kai Man Wong is worth it for entertainment value (if he's your style that is).

Thomas Heaton
Phlearn - Taught me everything I know about PS
Mike Browne in the beginning but no so much now. I did Buy his 7 building blocks course which was okay. He is a fantastic teacher for those just starting out and I recommend him to anybody who is interested in photography and needs to get the basics down.

I watch others here and there but don't subscribe to them.

Used to watch the Northrups (well, mostly the wife ;)), but they used to bore me to death with far to many graphs and numbers and technical b******t.

I have had Scott Kelby's book on Lightroom 5. Never read it from cover to cover, but picked out the bits I thought would be useful. Decided to start at chapter 1 and ..... Found something that I'd wish I'd know from the start. ARGH!!!!
Will now be reading through every chapter.

I am trying to get better at landscapes so my subscribed channels are (in no particular order):

Andrew Marr and Ben Fewtrell, two Aussie channels. Andrew takes seascapes around Perth and generates some lovely shots though for me they are getting a little samey. Ben is more entertainment. He often loses things, drops things, forgets things or completely fails to get a photograph, so I feel quite at home with him. Sydney-based

e6 vlogs. Straightforward clear tips. Not hardcore (he drives to a place wanders a bit and takes a shot, rather than wild camping) but consistently good and very varied content from a wide range of locations around the UK

First Man Photographs - I am not sure this guy is so good but he is better than me so rather than learning from the enormously talented (the three next ones) I feel he is helping me get one step better

Nick Page - Washington State hardcore photographer. Some stunning shots

Steven Hanna - Northern Irish locations. Very easy to watch and learn

Thomas Heaton - just excellent

Once you get past the water he is Jared Polin is pretty decent. Has a ton of content out there and I've been watching him for a while. Even his raw talk show is great to hear all the attest news and gear. The show is hard to watch, 3 guys all speaking over each other. Once you get past that it's OK.

Creative cloud have some great content as well as Manny Ortiz.

Tony and Chelsea Northrup I used to watch but some of their content is utterly garbage.

I subscribe to the Northrups, like DigitalRev just for product reviews analysis and Serge Ramelli.

There are a few videos I use to assist me with Lightroom tutorial and editing, do not subscribe to them though.

Tom Heston's vlog is worth watching, and I like The Art of Photography by Ted Forbes, and Ted Vieira is the coolest dude on the Tube

I like Ted Vierira. That man is so chilled, I just wanna sit and have a cigar and whiskey with him!

I like Zack Arias too.

I watch the Northrups only to look at Chelsea! Tony is too 'smooth' for my liking!!

Marmite is Kai, I like Marmite though!

Can't stand Jason Lanier, I don't care if I could learn a lot from him. He's too brash and gobby.

My main follow is Tom Heaton but I stumbled across a guy called Simon Baxter for landscapes, he only has two vlogs up at the moment but I quite enjoyed them and they are quite motivating to get out with the camera!

Thomas Heaton & Joe Allam are good to watch
They have done a few challenges together.

My main follow is Tom Heaton but I stumbled across a guy called Simon Baxter for landscapes, he only has two vlogs up at the moment but I quite enjoyed them and they are quite motivating to get out with the camera!

Simon's third one is just up. Excellent and a lovely leisurely pace like all the best ones.

Will watch that one tngt! Been waiting on it for a while! It's always nice getting a new vlogger, something a bit different about his style that I like [emoji106]

I'm not really media-savvy and my youtube browsing has been mostly motorbike related but I did come across Serge Ramelli who I didn't really take to. I will check out some of the others mentioned here.

Thanks for pointing me to Ted Vieira, Ted Forbes is on my Subs list but hadn't come across 'Cool Ted' before - great :)

e6 vlogs. Straightforward clear tips. Not hardcore (he drives to a place wanders a bit and takes a shot, rather than wild camping) but consistently good and very varied content from a wide range of locations around the UK

Yep, Craig Roberts channel at E6 vlogs (landscapes, cityscapes and filters) - very watchable and makes it look easy and also Robin Whalley ( landscape locations, setups, and LR/PS post tips) nice tips there too.

Many of the above are very good and I stumbled upon this guy, Paul Johnson from Huddersfield and I find him very entertaining with a very funny dry northern humour. Great pictures and a good way of explaining his way of getting them.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCE97FSS3fIeu89P70bCk4HQ

Last edited:
Back