Which rechargeable batteries (AA) to go for?

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
For a flash gun, should i be lookign at the biggest power? 2400? 2500? I'ves seen 2600 too

where should I buy from that will be genuine and not 'copies'

tnx

I used this

http://www.slrlounge.com/best-rechargeable-aa-batteries-flash-photography/

And weighed up what I required them for, the best value for me at time of buying were the Duracell with the Eneloops being around 1.5x the cost, I knew I wouldn't require the 0.2s faster recycle time (SB-700), it does depend what the application is, but it is widely accepted Eneloops (now owned by Panasonic) are the best for recycle time. I am really happy with my Duracell's.

I bought a cheap charger that did everything I needed it to do, and so far I am impressed. It is a little bit basic but still smarter than some you can buy, with the capability to individually charge any number of batterys, any capacity(ma) and AA/AAA at the same time. And doesn't break the bank.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vapextech-S...51508092&sr=8-1&keywords=nimh+battery+charger

Cheers

Earl

edit: Value being a good compromise of cost, recycle time and capacity, with the latter 2 being the most important factors. I basically picked the 2nd best on test.

Last edited:
can someone give me a link to the batteries you all mention, I don't think I have the correct ones in my basket! :(

The black ones ('Pro', formerly 'XX') will last longer before needing to be recharged (higher mAh) in comparison with the white eneloops. The downsides are: higher price, lower number of recharge cycles (500) and loses more charge when not being used (85% charge remains after 1 year of non use).

Unless you regularly run your flash batteries flat while shooting, I'd stick with the cheaper white ones.

I use the most powerful standard 7dayshop ones - 2900s. With my Yongnuo 560 II units they recycle in just over a second at full power.

eneloops are the best used for years

2nd vote for eneloops

Another vote for the eneloops. Using eneloop pro 2500 mAh, can't fault them.

Another vote here
+1

Quality and capacity are the two main features of cell manufacturing.
They both depend on one another as the right balance is often going
down the drain when it comes to market shares.

A higher capacity means that a greater amount of electrochemical
compound was squeezed in the cell and this is done to the detriment
of the separator quality.

Recently bought by Panasonic, (Sanyo was the better manufacturer of
cells since years —I started using their NiCad cells many years ago with
the same confidence) Eneloop is still in production and is a reliable stan-
dard in labs and industrial activities.

Eneloop. I used many different brands only eneloop has lasted and kept the charge as consistent as they have. The current set I have are the white Panasonic ones. I had black ones also but 3 of them died after 3 cycles. So far the white ones have lasted over 2 years and still holds the same amount of charge when I bought them new.

Another vote for the Eneloop batteries but just wanted to throw in that the AmazonBasics ones are good too

Back