1. Sweety

Sweety

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I could do with some advice please, all of the images I have taken this week with my Canon 750D have had a great deal of white dots on them which are easily seen & this happens with both jpeg & raw images. When I zoom in on the images on my laptop they look like white pixels, I took a couple of shots with the lens cap on & I can't see them but it happens if I use my kit lens or my Tamron SP 70-300mm lens with shutter speeds of 1/10 - 1/800th of a second (haven't tried going either side of the shutter speeds) & ISO has no baring on the white dots. Could I be suffering from a lot of dead or stuck pixels ? I know I do suffer from some hot pixels on long exposures which show up as either red or blue

2. LongLensPhotography

LongLensPhotography

Name:
    Truth Teller
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I would post an example. Stuck pixels should show up with cap on but let's see what's going on.

3. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    :agree:
    Dead pixels would show up with the lens cap on.

What about shutter speeds slower than 1/10 or faster than 1/800?

4. chunshine

chunshine

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I used to get this on my old 7D and after contacting Canon and getting no joy and searching the web it all boiled down to how unforgiving the thing was on underexposure. I found that if I made sure the exposure was correct or just slightly over I didn't get the white spots but if I took a shot of the same scene just under exposed they appeared. I have still got the camera and use it a lot for low light and night shoots and have to say I no longer suffer with this problem now I understand how sensitive the damn thing is :)

5. soupdragon

soupdragon

Name:
    Tony
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm not sure but I think you can map them out in camera.

6. chunshine

chunshine

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Haha! If it's the same as I used to get there will be 100's of spots! :LOL:

7. SFTPhotography

SFTPhotography Top Cat

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    hot pixels for sure. Big problem on my Nikon D800 but not in my D810's. Unrelated to yours but a common issue.

8. holty

holty

Edit My Images:
    No
    will a sensor clean not get rid ?

9. HoppyUK

HoppyUK

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Dust spots are dark...

10. TheSeeingEye

TheSeeingEye

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    This sounds simply like noise? Are your sure you are not shooting at 6400 iso or higher then 'pixel peeping'? Best post an an example image with meta data please.

11. TheSeeingEye

TheSeeingEye

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Highly unlikely to be 'hot pixels' unless you have suffered catastrophic sensor damage? As HoppyUK says dust spots are dark and they might be fairly numerous (20) but are unlikely to be in the 100's unless you live in a Flour Mill?