White dots on images

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I could do with some advice please, all of the images I have taken this week with my Canon 750D have had a great deal of white dots on them which are easily seen & this happens with both jpeg & raw images. When I zoom in on the images on my laptop they look like white pixels, I took a couple of shots with the lens cap on & I can't see them but it happens if I use my kit lens or my Tamron SP 70-300mm lens with shutter speeds of 1/10 - 1/800th of a second (haven't tried going either side of the shutter speeds) & ISO has no baring on the white dots. Could I be suffering from a lot of dead or stuck pixels ? I know I do suffer from some hot pixels on long exposures which show up as either red or blue

I used to get this on my old 7D and after contacting Canon and getting no joy and searching the web it all boiled down to how unforgiving the thing was on underexposure. I found that if I made sure the exposure was correct or just slightly over I didn't get the white spots but if I took a shot of the same scene just under exposed they appeared. I have still got the camera and use it a lot for low light and night shoots and have to say I no longer suffer with this problem now I understand how sensitive the damn thing is :)

I'm not sure but I think you can map them out in camera.

This sounds simply like noise? Are your sure you are not shooting at 6400 iso or higher then 'pixel peeping'? Best post an an example image with meta data please.

Highly unlikely to be 'hot pixels' unless you have suffered catastrophic sensor damage? As HoppyUK says dust spots are dark and they might be fairly numerous (20) but are unlikely to be in the 100's unless you live in a Flour Mill?

Back