Who Cooks?

Who cooks?

• Total voters
Edit My Images
No
My lovely wife is a great cook. She has introduced me to many different dishes which back home in the UK would cause some major grose outs. But, I cook 95% of the time. She says she loves it but lets face it, she's just putting up with it so she can put her feet up and watch reality TV :puke:. So this is going out to all those in a relationship (and those who don't too really), who cooks in your household and why?

Last edited:
I cook in ours, mainly because I started cooking when I was a teenager and my wife isn't really into it. Also, she is at the stables after work in the evenings so it's down to me anyway.

Mmmm roast beef n macaroni cheese. What else d ya need Natt?!

Both cook in ours...

When I can be bothered to cook, I cook nice food. It amazes me that some people at uni have a small notepad sized piece of paper listing about 15 things that they know how to cook, and that's all that they eat!

That said, all too often I'll think up what I'm going to cook, something vast and awesome, and then get to the kitchen, see a loaf of bread and think 'screw it' and just have toast :D

semi related: this sauce sounds too simple to be awesome, but it really is awesome. like, really, really awesome.

Last edited:
My wife cooks most of the meals because she works part time. I quite often do the Sunday roast and do a mean fish pie when I've got the time.

I'm on my own so have no choice. Although it used to be 100% microwave meals and takeaways until 2 weeks ago, I've now gone on a diet and am cooking everything (and even washing up now too!) :D

When I was with wife/partner I was very traditional and left the cooking to them as I much preferred my food to be edible, although it seems my cooking isn't as bad now as I thought it might have been then.

We all cook here :) We have different strengths when it comes to kitchen related activities so depending on what we want to eat kind of dictates who is doing the cooking. LOVE the dishwasher though :)

We all cook here too; but only recently my secret runs to M&S were discovered and now I'm not permitted to enter the kitchen any more :shake: !

I used to be really good at it, with an endless list of recipes that I could conjure up rather quickly without breaking a sweat.

My lovely wife is a great cook. She has introduced me to many different dishes which back home in the UK would cause some major grose outs. But, I cook 95% of the time. She says she loves it but lets face it, she's just putting up with it so she can put her feet up and watch reality TV :puke:. So this is going out to all those in a relationship (and those who don't too really), who cooks in your household and why?

What exactly is she saying she loves?
Her cooking? or your cooking? :shrug:

Well there is no one else to cook for me so it's either cook or starve! :clap:

When PAtrick is here we share the cooking if i have fiends over he likes to cook but. mostley it is down to me.

I do the cooking in our house, mainly because I enjoy it, but also because by dinnertime, Mrs Rudesing is too exhausted form having looked after the little Rudesings all day on her own. Plus, cooking is the one bit of housework that is likely to get some vocal appreciation from people - when was the last time that anybody ever commented on how clean your toilet was?

My missus rarely cooks, unless you class putting mince & dolmio in a pan together and boiling some pasta as cooking. Personally, I tend to 'scratch cook' about 3 times a week. Usually I'll have an idea of what I'm going to cook, but if I'm making anything like a stew or soup, I tend to improvise - last weekend I saw some nice looking oxtails in the butchers, so I bought them, and came up with an Oxtail stew based around red wine, veg, pearl barley and herbs! :)

If I did not do the cooking we would starve - I think my husband knows how to prepare baked beans on toast or open a can of soup but could not swear to it

I have been in the mood to cook recently and have done bread, lots of cakes (but making them mini-sized which does help with not putting on too much weight) and made a lovely pheasant casserole the other day with a bird that got killed on the road and which I marinated in a Chinese style sauce first (experimenting again but it worked)

When PAtrick is here we share the cooking if i have fiends over he likes to cook but. mostley it is down to me.

Do the fiends include your children? ;)

Here, I'm afraid it's my wife who does most of it, despite me being here (as in at home) most of most days. I can and do cook on occasion and am more than willing to help her with it but we have a very small kitchen and I'm anything BUT small. I do cater for myself at lunchtime though, although making sarnies doesn't count as cooking! Take aways and deliveries get used from time to time, as do ready meals and restaurants.

I do 99% of the cooking and my son has just started to "watch and learn"
Two bloody women in the house hold and the men do the cooking
( I guess that its safer that way ;) )

I don't/can't cook at all so it's always the missus! I do however do all the dishes..it's only fair!

I guess. The chicken was under cooked last week... think she was trying to poison me.

Ooh I lied, I can do jacket spuds, chilli and fish - but that's all really. So I suppose maybe 14 different dishes in total, so not all that much!

Hubby can cook almost anything, but for all I can cook some things, I need help to do them, so it kind of defeats the object!

I cook or I don't eat. When I was with my ex we shared the cooking.

Cooking is easy. Baking on the other hand, that's alchemy.

My husband does the majority of the cooking - he's normally home before me. days when I am home earliest, I cook. If we're home together - he cooks.
I don't like cooking, it feels pointless and I would probably live on fish finger sandwiches if left to my own devices

A

I'm going to cook a mushroom risotto soon, who wants some?!?!

we both cook. she cooks through the week and i cook at weekends. i do the shopping too so that dictates whats for dinner through the week!

no macaroni cheese or shepherds/cottage pie for me :puke:

Mostly me. Technically, we're living in sin and not married . . . but I guess "wife" is the closest option :shrug:

OH does the shopping and washing up - and will sometimes help with the preparation, so it's a fairly even division of work.

The only reason is that I'm a better cook than him. He does do a great steak and a very yummy curry though, so sometimes he'll cook on a Saturday night to give me a night off.

Oh and I love baking too. . . here are some of my cakes from last Christmas.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Weekdays - er indoors. Weekends we get a bit more adventurous and I cook.

Tonight is pretty basic though, need something quick.

We both share the cooking. Who does it depends on what we are having as we have expertise in different areas.

Back