Who has videos on youtube? Post your links etc!

Recorded a Christmas song for my 12 year old daughter 2 days ago with GH2 & Apogee Mic (please switch to 1080p)

She's amazing, Hope she has her own youtube account and posting lots of songs, without doubt she has got something special.

Thanks Andy. She is a classical music student at Purcell School for Young Musicians. Yes, she has all the social media but I record & upload videos for her (studio recording is not affordable for me)

Here is her interpretation of Writing's On the Wall, Spectre theme

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-gFD8JAU54

She's amazing, Hope she has her own youtube account and posting lots of songs, without doubt she has got something special.

Indeed! Any tips you have learnt would be much appreciated. [emoji4]

Hi Guys! Thanks for your kind comments.

Re tips - there are few and most of them you probably know as they are very "photography" related.

I think the most important one is - plan it! plan your shot, location, framing, etc... Arrive early to prepare your equipment; the worst thing you can do is to be in a hurry when setting it up.

Get to know your gear!!! Camera and filters aside, there's more and more timelapse equipment for us to chose from (dollies, rails, timers, pan & tilt heads, etc...). Learn how to use them, set them up properly and make them play nicely with your camera(s). The last thing you want is for your set-up to stop working during this perfect sunset, and believe me - i've been there!!! So try it out at home and make sure you know your settings.

Write down what you're doing. If the clip comes out not as you expected, you can probably review it and make it better by changing your settings.

School yourself online. There's a plenty of tutorials online on how to shoot timelapse, different techniques (like hyperlapse), use of software, etc. Use these resources, most of them are free and extremely helpful!

And last but not least - have fun while shooting. I know we had plenty - i discovered new places, met plenty of interesting people and even made some money with timelapse.

Back