Who has videos on youtube? Post your links etc!

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
So I know a bunch of you are really into video, hence the sub forum which i'm going to read more of than I have in the past!

I have a youtube channel that is just my testing ground really. I use my iPhone and my gopro and I'm hoping to test out my nikon's soon.

I want to see what you guys have uploaded to youtube, fun/geeky/howto/travel/'boring' whatever... I'm sure it can't be more random than mine.

Mine is at http://youtube.com/dlo247

The last video I made was yesterday, actually I did two but one was just a test screen record.

http://youtu.be/IsrharrSldQ

I'd appreciate new subscribes and I'll return the favour. If there are enough of us I'll probably put y'all into a playlist or however that works.

Also if you have any ideas that are feasible then fire them on here.

Vimeo users too! Vimeo seems classier but I find youtube is better for the general public searcher

Last edited:
That music makes me want to stab pencils in my ears... sorry. I also don't get why anyone woudl want to watch you drive from one dull location to another at high speed. Why does it slow down at 2:38?.... actually, the question is... how did I manage to last until 2:38 with that bloody music?

I like the headshots thing... the black and white, fast cut slideshow.

The wedding one is nice too... but no audio? It makes it really boring... just don't use something the same as you used in that gopro drive movie though... not if you want your wedding clients to like you :)

Last edited:
That music makes me want to stab pencils in my ears... sorry. I also don't get why anyone woudl want to watch you drive from one dull location to another at high speed. Why does it slow down at 2:38?.... actually, the question is... how did I manage to last until 2:38 with that bloody music?

I like the headshots thing... the black and white, fast cut slideshow.

The wedding one is nice too... but no audio? It makes it really boring... just don't use something the same as you used in that gopro drive movie though... not if you want your wedding clients to like you :)

That's why it's not a video aimed at wedding clients.

And the argument that a slideshow without music is boring... How many of you browse the web with spotify or some other music on? So therefore viewing photographs you may not need audio. Just an idea. Or a different approach

By the way I didn't ask for personal advice or to hear how much you hate something. I actually consider it a bit of a personal attack.

. I just wanted to share and see what the experts and amateurs were posting. But i forgot. This is the Internet.

And to answer one question, which was really just a dig.. It slows down once as somebody pulled out on me when he clearly had time to see me and two, less clear, a random lad popped out a hedge...

Oh sorry. Another question you asked in sarcasm: I travel a lot and people actually show interest in what daily scenes are like in England. Ye it's dull but it's a test video and some friends abroad have actually expressed interest in seeing it.

And the argument that a slideshow without music is boring... How many of you browse the web with spotify or some other music on? So therefore viewing photographs you may not need audio. Just an idea. Or a different approach

It's because there's an element of expectation when you watch a video. You've no control over it. It's a psychological thing. Having audio gives pace, and a sense of time... a sense of watching a production. It matters less if you don't like one particular shot and you have to look at it for 10 seconds or whatever, as the audio provides distraction. You could argue that why should films have music? Same reason... you add music that compliments the feel of the visuals. It helps the viewer gain the mood you envisage for it.

By the way I didn't ask for personal advice or to hear how much you hate something. I actually consider it a bit of a personal attack.

If you think critique is a personal attack.... fine... but you need to know that music is awful, and doesn't match the video well at all.

I have complimented some of the work on there, and spitting your dummy out because ONE of your videos doesn't go down well shows a great lack of maturity.

You put your work out there for public dissemination.. it will be commented upon, and you have no control over what people think of it. If I reacted like you did every time someone gave my work a good panning, I;d have jacked all this in years ago.

Also.. someone actually ASKED if they could crit your audio choice, and you replied with "feel free".

Learn to accept crit.

And to answer one question, which was really just a dig.. It slows down once as somebody pulled out on me when he clearly had time to see me and two, less clear, a random lad popped out a hedge...

That wasn't a dig.... I could genuinely see no reason for slowing down at 2:38.

You really need to stop taking crit as a personal attack... seriously.

Last edited:
It's because there's an element of expectation when you watch a video. You've no control over it. It's a psychological thing. Having audio gives pace, and a sense of time... a sense of watching a production. It matters less if you don't like one particular shot and you have to look at it for 10 seconds or whatever, as the audio provides distraction. You could argue that why should films have music? Same reason... you add music that compliments the feel of the visuals. It helps the viewer gain the mood you envisage for it.

If you think critique is a personal attack.... fine... but you need to know that music is awful, and doesn't match the video well at all.

I have complimented some of the work on there, and spitting your dummy out because ONE of your videos doesn't go down well shows a great lack of maturity.

You put your work out there for public dissemination.. it will be commented upon, and you have no control over what people think of it. If I reacted like you did every time someone gave my work a good panning, I;d have jacked all this in years ago.

Also.. someone actually ASKED if they could crit your audio choice, and you replied with "feel free".

You're clearly the Sunday know it all so I won't argue. I'll just make my final points as they thread is now effectively ruined. Thanks for that by the way.

I didn't state the purpose of the thread for it actually to become a critique thread

I'm pretty sure somebody else said feel free

I'm not spitting my dummy out. I'm stating the purpose of the thread was not to say how much you hated the audio. The test video was done at such a pace and with contrasting audio for a reason which didn't sit well with some, but was fine for others. Music and sound is often a subjective deal.

Granted if it was for a specific and clear commercial choice then it would be clear it didn't fit that bill. In this case it was part of my experiment and for the apparent dull nature the video may seem to have for many uk viewers, the jarringly distinct audio can make them question it. It kept you viewing way longer than one would have expected for example

As it happened i hadn't asked people to deal with on this thread. I stated I wanted to see who had channels.

I appreciated the compliments. I'm just restating the purpose of the thread was not critique.

Possibly I wouldn't have survived selective grammar schooling, college and uni if I had a major problem with crit. In it's place it is extremely important

Last edited:
And finally as an experiment, do you consider any of the music on the following link as awful? Or not to your taste? As if so, it's purely down to taste I imagine.

www.dlo247.bandcamp.com

I think you'll find you've ruined your own thread. I made one post that said I thought the music was painfully bad.. and gave negative crit on ONE of your videos, and actually complimented two others on your channel.. you reacted by chain posting... and again, when I reply... you chain post in a really defensive manner.

You need to learn to take crit. That's my final word on the matter. Move on.

Last edited:
Chain posting. Mainly because I'm replying on a

Mobile.

And defensive? No sir, I was explaining

I thought the music comment was just a general statement.... Can't say it did the video any favours in my mind but everyone's different.

Can't see how using a mobile is a reason for chain posting though?

Neil <posted from a mobile>

I thought the music comment was just a general statement.... Can't say it did the video any favours in my mind but everyone's different.

Can't see how using a mobile is a reason for chain posting though?

Neil <posted from a mobile>

Thanks.

As the OP said it was really a thread to ask who else had videos posted, whilst I also disliked the music, but said he was free to crit my choices, give the guy a break and post some links to your video efforts, which was the main purpose.

Bless. He clicked dislike :)

If you mean me.. I didn't.
As the OP said it was really a thread to ask who else had videos posted, whilst I also disliked the music, but said he was free to crit my choices, give the guy a break and post some links to your video efforts, which was the main purpose.

Not much online... mainly use YouTube as a repository for TV clips and stuff like that. Only one or two things on there with a serious intent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5uTU8cCBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhBm5tSe7s4

Got a few more recent projects only just edited, but still in 4K.. I'll upload when I've transcoded.

The rest on the Youtube channel is just travel and holiday vids... but you're welcome to look. I rarely shoot video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pook2830

Last edited:
Damian, you really need to take a chill pill mate. As has been mentioned, you are ruining your own thread and making yourself look a bit childish at the same time.

I seriously hope you accept criticism from customers in a better manner than you do here.

Andy

ps. I'm afraid I dislike your choice of music too but please don't hate me for making this observation!

Well this is an interesting thread. Good idea to start one, lets get it back on track!

my channel is at http://www.youtube.com/user/JaggedCurve/videos

feel free to look at the videos and critique, i already know things i did wrong, but you live and learn

also finally, i watched the gopro video and although those videos dont really do much for me, i thought the audio added a bit movement to the whole thing, worked for me i guess

Damian, you really need to take a chill pill mate. As has been mentioned, you are ruining your own thread and making yourself look a bit childish at the same time.

I seriously hope you accept criticism from customers in a better manner than you do here.

Andy

ps. I'm afraid I dislike your choice of music too but please don't hate me for making this observation!

I don't mind at all. Just this thread wasn't for that :)

Well this is an interesting thread. Good idea to start one, lets get it back on track!

my channel is at http://www.youtube.com/user/JaggedCurve/videos

feel free to look at the videos and critique, i already know things i did wrong, but you live and learn

also finally, i watched the gopro video and although those videos dont really do much for me, i thought the audio added a bit movement to the whole thing, worked for me i guess

Thanks! I've subscribed to you.

I sent it to you've been framed and they said they wouldnt use it lol

They must have received hundreds! Anyway it looked painful. To think people make a good living from stuff like that. If you were crazy enough you could do a whole channel of that but I think it's gone a bit too extreme now after jackass and those welsh lads!

I started experimenting with various settings and gear for past 1 year and finally found and learnt so many things from many forums including TPF.

Please watch in 1080p, and yes she is my 12 year old daughter (I cannot afford a studio session for each song she wish to sing / cover)

more videos in channel http://youtube.com/iamGayatriNair

[YOUTUBE]ZRroUtpyL9I[/YOUTUBE]

I started experimenting with various settings and gear for past 1 year and finally found and learnt so many things from many forums including TPF.

Please watch in 1080p, and yes she is my 12 year old daughter (I cannot afford a studio session for each song she wish to sing / cover)

more videos in channel http://youtube.com/iamGayatriNair

[YOUTUBE]ZRroUtpyL9I[/YOUTUBE]

Good work both!

Hey Guys, first of all I want to say that I think this thread is a great idea and I hope it stays active!

I'm a martial artist and a student filmmaker (currently studying TV & Film at college), so my YouTube videos are a bit of a mix up of the two, here's a few recent videos I've uploaded:

THE ENIGMA | A Short Action Film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx5Jwtw-W0o (My first short film that I made for a college assignment)

NRG Martial Arts | DERBY GYM FUN | 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xwm8n3ubOg

NRG Martial Arts | ARNOLD CARNIVAL | 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1re-MJJZWpc

Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/blazerobotx :)

Back