Who is your favourite landscape photographer?

I think that this idea of 'names' is something of a false lure. Coincidentally, I also get the feeling that most of the photographers mentioned are 'materialisers' - using the planet as subject to their craft, rather than honouring it in a deeper fashion. But then how you read a photograph is coloured by your cultural background & predilections.

Style isn't the same as content. Life isn't a fooking calendar.

I'm glad that Blakemore & Godwin have been noted.

I haven't seen John Beatty mentioned.

Last edited:
I think that this idea of 'names' is something of a false lure. Coincidentally, I also get the feeling that most of the photographers mentioned are 'materialisers' - using the planet as subject to their craft, rather than honouring it in a deeper fashion. But then how you read a photograph is coloured by your cultural background & predilections.

Style isn't the same as content. Life isn't a fooking calendar.

I'm glad that Blakemore & Godwin have been noted.

I haven't seen John Beatty mentioned.

I think you have probably lost most of us!

Good lord, there are so many! The outstanding one for me is David Ward, but there are so many talented people out there (too many to name), many frequenting this very forum including Mr Minns, Mr Meech, etc, etc, etc. All of whom have led me to try to raise my own game so a big thank you to all for being an inspiration.

For me Joe Cornish explains the various filters in great depth on the you tube videos,a minefield in themselves.
GEORGE.

No favourite but I like the work of Charlie Waite, Colin Prior and Angus Bruce.

Dave

The full time photographers I follow are Joe Cornish, Colin Prior and Billy Currie (his monochrome work is amazing), Russ Sherwood and Tim Wilcock for their amazing images of Skye.

The amateur/full timers who I follow are Justin Minns (his long exposure images are superb), Lee Acaster, Brian Kerr and Dave Brightwell. There are so many that I ought to mention Paulo Silva and Karl Williams too!
Sorry if I've missed some (it's an age thing!)!

Andy

This guy is pretty good too; http://www.daniel-photography.eu/Gallerie

Although, I've got to say whilst I do see some really well exposed and processed creative stuff, a lot of photography that on first look that is mind blowing is due to the location and light. Put many of the photographers of this forum in those situations and they too would deliver.

Reactions: ST4
I don't actually like any per se, but if I like an image I like it, if I don't I don't.

Some on here are excellent, some full time landscape photographers produce some s***.

Joe Cornish is pretty good and used to live about 10 doors from me.

Another good guy and landscape photography is David Noton.

A couple of good landscape bits on luminous landscape, if you don't mind talking about Antarctica every other sentence

This guy is pretty good too; http://www.daniel-photography.eu/Gallerie

Although, I've got to say whilst I do see some really well exposed and processed creative stuff, a lot of photography that on first look that is mind blowing is due to the location and light. Put many of the photographers of this forum in those situations and they too would deliver.

He's superb and not into the hyper real over dark over saturated crap that many seem to pump out.

Serge Ramelli

Back