Who's gunna go LF togging tomorrow in a gale?

I would try and use my LF camera in the wind, but ultimately, if there was not enough shelter or gaps in the wind sufficient to get a sharp photo, I’d probably not bother. Any other smaller format I’d give a good go at though. Hell, if I stuck the RB on a tripod and used that in the wind, I’d be less worries about the camera if it fell over on the tripod, and more worried about it damaging the planet :D

With my current camera it would be pointless, front and rear standards vibrate too much. With my old MPP, been there done that

H'mm maybe one of those situations you can find a use for an anti shake digi with fast shutter speed o_O:D OR better still... always carry a 35mm film camera for backup to save a wasted journey if caught out by a pesky strong wind.

Sure to be some risking life & limb to catch a wave! :eek:

H'mm maybe one of those situations you can find a use for an anti shake digi with fast shutter speed o_O:D OR better still... always carry a 35mm film camera for backup to save a wasted journey if caught out by a pesky strong wind.

Pretty sure the IS/VR/OIS lenses' anti vibration works on (at least some) "modern" 35mm SLRs.

IMG_0368.JPG

Just grabbed a 10x8 exposure but of course I haven’t had to deal with storms .....nonetheless it’s bloody cold.
Packed up and need to move as sun disappearing rapidly and I’m on a mountainside about an hour hike from the village!!!!

I was beaten by the wind when on Llanddwyn Island at sunset a few weeks ago. The sunset, combined with a view to a lighthouse and with the hills of the Llyn Peninsular in the background, was one of the finest I've ever seen; but I realised this would be the "one that got away" when I saw the Intrepid shaking during a 3-second exposure.

The only other camera I had with me was on the iPhone and I posted an image in Flickr made with that, which I had only viewed on the phone itself. When I got home and saw it on a big screen, I was horrified by the quality and deleted it.

I used the RZ67 for the next few days while it remained windy, instead of LF.

I got out today for a wild walk on Exmoor, only 35mm camera for me though. I took 4 rolls of film and had 10 shots left in the camera but didn’t even load one new roll. Far too wet. Great walk though.

Back