Who's Shooting What and Where...upto 21/11/10

jamesb84

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
OK, I thought I'd better do one of these, since everyone else has...

I'm doing;

Friday - Possible PR job, waiting for confirmation...v. hush hush.

Saturday - Bristol City v Leicester City...first chance of some Sven shots.

Sunday - Another PR job, not sure how much I'm allowed to say for that one either.

So, what's everyone else up to?

Vauxhall motors last night of course.. then a quiet week processing boxing pics from last weekend before accy v stevanage sat and some press work sunday afternoon 4pm photogrpahing 5 world champ medal winning kickboxers

I need a quiet week as mega busy the following two weeks (pay for crimbo) :)

Don't know yet... maybe nothing! Hopefully something... if there's nothing from the agency, I'll be up at Club and getting stick for not being there much this season!

Henley RFC -v- Southend RFC, with transport there and back and pre-match lunch with drinks.

Things I do for a quiet life :)

Just had Doncaster Knights vs Bristol confirmed for Saturday, but am available for the rest of the weekend.

Well done Patrick, good luck mate and I hope it all goes well.

well im going to shoot a local kids game this Sunday, first time in football. Hope it's as much a thrill as you lot make out ;).......... now where did I put my thermals????? :D

No work this weekend it seems, so I might do Gateshead v Forest Green Rovers as a favour to the club.

Monday - Sunderland v Everton

Good to see a few of you photographing the England Samoa game - a proper sport.

Good to see a few of you photographing the England Samoa game - a proper sport.

uinfortunatly as usual its a secret what sport it is :) .... taking a guess :) .. rugby? :)

Yep.

It's just my personal preference as a game to watch. My eldest plays both Union & League.

No sport for me this weekend. Two black tie balls and............................. a wedding!

But all next week I'm covering the British Figure Skating Championships at Sheffield.

Saturday Exeter vs Leeds (awful game expected - Leeds supporter but they are terrible this season!)
Sunday Bath v Saracens
then the following weekend more exciting for me but thats for next weeks thread!

Friday - Possible PR job, waiting for confirmation...v. hush hush.
Sunday - Another PR job, not sure how much I'm allowed to say for that one either.

James, with these PR jobs you do, am i right in assuming they are usually sporting themed? What sort of extra kit do you need for these things.... are you shooting with proper strobes and modifiers or just speedlites? This part of the industry is somewhere im very keen to learn more about..... along with getting football experience, it will obviously be essential if i'm ever to move on to a bigger agency down the line.

Saturday Exeter vs Leeds (awful game expected - Leeds supporter but they are terrible this season!)
Sunday Bath v Saracens
then the following weekend more exciting for me but thats for next weeks thread!

James, with these PR jobs you do, am i right in assuming they are usually sporting themed? What sort of extra kit do you need for these things.... are you shooting with proper strobes and modifiers or just speedlites? This part of the industry is somewhere im very keen to learn more about..... along with getting football experience, it will obviously be essential if i'm ever to move on to a bigger agency down the line.

They are indeed sporting themed. I'm a speedlite user, never been bothered with buying expensive bits and bobs for jobs I do fairly infrequently. It's also the bit of the job that I'm least comfortable with...still, nothing wrong with leaving your comfort zone every now and then! I have 2x stands, my mini tripod, 2x speedlites (with radio triggers) and I'll take along a snoot and a softbox usually...just allows me to mix it up a bit.

Soton vs Posh for me

It's also the bit of the job that I'm least comfortable with....

Never been asked to do this type of stuff, had to go round motorracing paddocks and into awings etc looking for drivers/riders that you haven't got a clue who they are or what they look like just for a quick "mug" shot, right out of my comfort zone!
Rather sit in the rain with a boring 0-0 :LOL:

That sounds painful....:puke:, does it make you walk funny....:LOL:

Ha! not me but quite a few of the guest were by the end of the night :LOL:

Last nights job was for a bunch of unruly drunken equestrian types. Some were really nice but some certainly was not :shake:. Spat my dummy out about 11pm and threatened to go home! Glad I stayed as did ok in the end. Tempers getting a bit short these days maybe I'm getting too old :shrug:

Should have covered an RL final for the RFL last night but had to pass it onto another tog on here as i had a little ding in the car so couldnt get there, just local RL today.

sat accrington stanley v stevenage
sun blackburn v villa

seeya later then :)

kickboxing pics for me on sunday.. no match just gotta photograph some medel winners.. get them to do cheesey poses then some sparring.... i dont like these kinda jobs.. i really dont do cheesey :(

seeya later then :)

kickboxing pics for me on sunday.. no match just gotta photograph some medel winners.. get them to do cheesey poses then some sparring.... i dont like these kinda jobs.. i really dont do cheesey :(

longjons and 4 layers at the ready :( not looking forward to this at all :puke:

longjons and 4 layers at the ready :( not looking forward to this at all :puke:

its a big torch you need for the last half hr..

gonna break out the 300mm today i think.. when it gets dark its so bad i cant get enough shutter speed on the 400

are you just doing league paper or send to nationals as well? I am giving nationals a try but only if goals...

its a big torch you need for the last half hr..

gonna break out the 300mm today i think.. when it gets dark its so bad i cant get enough shutter speed on the 400

are you just doing league paper or send to nationals as well? I am giving nationals a try but only if goals...

Yeah both, but the nationals pretty pointless unless a goalfest

Yeah both, but the nationals pretty pointless unless a goalfest

one of the poorest matches I ahve been in ages... fired 3 to nationals at half time..then goal cele (missed actual goal) then a couple at end... the beuty being i dont care if they use em or not.. bonus if they do :)

will send a better set tonight for mondays papers..

Hope it's not too bad Gary.

I ran into the back of a White van with its back doors open and wood sticking out about 4 feet, no bright rag or anything, i length of wood baton went straight through the gap between bonnet and bumper and pierced radiator, no other damage, he wants to keep insurance out of it and has paid me £300 up front and will settle if more

one of the poorest matches I ahve been in ages... fired 3 to nationals at half time..then goal cele (missed actual goal) then a couple at end... the beuty being i dont care if they use em or not.. bonus if they do :)

will send a better set tonight for mondays papers..

i went after 80 minutes, absolute garbage match! missed the goal but would have been pitch black anyway, good cele of him ripping his shirt off (kinda gay)

so we both missed the goal and both got the cele but sat miles apart haha :) just goes to show.. i saw ya sneaking off.. was gonna wave.. but ya didnt give me a second look

so we both missed the goal and both got the cele but sat miles apart haha :) just goes to show.. i saw ya sneaking off.. was gonna wave.. but ya didnt give me a second look

sorry mate, couldnt feel my fingers, sharp exit !!

They are indeed sporting themed. I'm a speedlite user, never been bothered with buying expensive bits and bobs for jobs I do fairly infrequently. It's also the bit of the job that I'm least comfortable with...still, nothing wrong with leaving your comfort zone every now and then! I have 2x stands, my mini tripod, 2x speedlites (with radio triggers) and I'll take along a snoot and a softbox usually...just allows me to mix it up a bit.

Thats good to hear. Think i'm going to practice a bit more with lighting. Have the speedlites but always put off buying triggers. Think its time to sort some and stands/modifiers. At some stage in the future im going to want to approach agencies who would pay me shift rates and clearly the bigger agencies are all going to want someone they can trust with any job inc. PR. The 'personality' section of BionicDan's website tells me I need to improve. Some stunning shots in there!

Last edited:
I ran into the back of a White van with its back doors open and wood sticking out about 4 feet, no bright rag or anything, i length of wood baton went straight through the gap between bonnet and bumper and pierced radiator, no other damage, he wants to keep insurance out of it and has paid me £300 up front and will settle if more

Glad you're okay.

Thanks Robin, only doing about 5 mph, slowing down to stop at lights when i heard a noise from the front end, got out to find a wooden baton in the front end, no damage to bodywork at all not even a scratch on the bumper, straight through a gap in the fromt end and into the radiator, Nephew is a mechanic and hes sorted it, £186 for a brand new rad and £50 labour so in front by about £60 quid which will just about have covered what i lost by missing a job on Friday night but guy says he will pay me for anyway.

I was happy to let the guy pay for it, he's a well established and respected local tradesman but does have a few points on his licence for speeding and his premiums will be sky high without a claim on his policy as well.

Sorry to hear about your prang Gary. That's a bit annoying and inconsiderate of the guy, but at least he had the decency to pay up (though I'm guessing he wasn't insured).

On a happier note, I got a shot in the News of The World from yesterday's England v Samoa rugby. Amusingly it was one of Courtney Lawes's bare arse after Nick Easter pulled his shorts down in a scrum :D.

It was one of only 6 shots I sent as I had to leave at half time after my wife called to let me know that my son had broken his leg playing rugby. Typing this from hospital as we wait for him to go into surgery. Got a shot of his foot pointing the wrong way, and the x-ray too though which has to be a result considering.

Andy, very sorry to hear about your son. I hope that everything is OK and that he came through his surgery OK as well.

Back