1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't it focus?

Discussion in 'Talk Photography' started by Bristolian, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Bristolian

Bristolian

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Was having a great time last night shooting a couple of lovely models in a studio I haven't used before. Anyway, despite it being 'orrible and rainy out the place was warming up nicely and my glasses started to get all steamed up - NOT that sort of shoot before you say anything :nono:

I decided to take my glasses off and shoot without them. After a while we stopped and moved some lights around and changed the backdrop, had a chat and a drink before getting back to business.

Damn! This is not the time to get a camera problem. It won't focus ... check all the switches - ok ... switch off, reseat lens - no difference .... OH POO :banghead:

"Sorry girls, gonna have to take a rain check" (n) Better put all the gear away. Where did I put my glasses ..... oh, I'm wearing them. Focus problem resolved - back to shooting :clap:

Yep, when I took them off originally I had adjusted the diopter so I could see clearly in the viewfinder :bonk:

2. big soft moose

big soft moose Not Have, Am

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lol - i had a similar situation last weekend when 'my' 20D seemed to not want to AF - It took me a few minuites to realise that this wasnt my usual 20D but the second one I recently bought from neil g and he'd set it to back button focusing.

After that it was fine , except that I found back button focus to be a complete pain in the proverbial as during a frenzied shooting sesoion i'd occasionally forget to press the back button

so in a lull I went to rrestore factory defaults and everything was good :bonk:

3. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    :LOL: I'm not the only one to get 'senior moments' then!

4. modchild

modchild

Name:
    Stuart or just Stoo!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well done you guys, you've made me feel a lot better now I know I'm not the only one who memory isn't what it was. I was having trouble focussing on anything last week until I realised I'd knocked the dioptre out a tad.

5. Bristolian

Bristolian

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Pete: Love it!

Gramps: I have more senior moments than even I will admit too :)

Stuart: My role in life (according to SWMBO) is to make everyone else feel better about themselves. She says it's the only thing I ever succeed at :)