Why won't it focus?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Was having a great time last night shooting a couple of lovely models in a studio I haven't used before. Anyway, despite it being 'orrible and rainy out the place was warming up nicely and my glasses started to get all steamed up - NOT that sort of shoot before you say anything :nono:

I decided to take my glasses off and shoot without them. After a while we stopped and moved some lights around and changed the backdrop, had a chat and a drink before getting back to business.

Damn! This is not the time to get a camera problem. It won't focus ... check all the switches - ok ... switch off, reseat lens - no difference .... OH POO :bang:

"Sorry girls, gonna have to take a rain check" :thumbsdown: Better put all the gear away. Where did I put my glasses ..... oh, I'm wearing them. Focus problem resolved - back to shooting :clap:

Yep, when I took them off originally I had adjusted the diopter so I could see clearly in the viewfinder :bonk:

Lol - i had a similar situation last weekend when 'my' 20D seemed to not want to AF - It took me a few minuites to realise that this wasnt my usual 20D but the second one I recently bought from neil g and he'd set it to back button focusing.

After that it was fine , except that I found back button focus to be a complete pain in the proverbial as during a frenzied shooting sesoion i'd occasionally forget to press the back button

so in a lull I went to rrestore factory defaults and everything was good :bonk:

:LOL: I'm not the only one to get 'senior moments' then!

Well done you guys, you've made me feel a lot better now I know I'm not the only one who memory isn't what it was. I was having trouble focussing on anything last week until I realised I'd knocked the dioptre out a tad.

Pete: Love it!

Gramps: I have more senior moments than even I will admit too :)

Stuart: My role in life (according to SWMBO) is to make everyone else feel better about themselves. She says it's the only thing I ever succeed at :)

Back