"Win a Wedding Shooter Kit" Challenge SEPTEMBER 2009 POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the poll would have been more effective if the entries were shortlisted to say the best 10 but its not my competition :LOL:

Im happy if I make the top 5 :)

Now, I hardley think your little "Ad" at the the bottom of your post is in the spirit of the comp BalSanghera!

Now, I hardley think your little "Ad" at the the bottom of your post is in the spirit of the comp BalSanghera!

I beg to differ, whats the point in having a poll if no one knows about it? Also its not like I am asking people to vote only for me, it states if you think my entry is worthy of winning then vote, if not then oh well...

If I am breaking the rules then I will happily remove it :)

To keep everyone happy I have changed my sig, but I still think the images should be shortlisted to best 10 then let the members vote, or for the competion runner to decide on the best 3 pics... keep it nice and simplez :D

What's happening with this?

:shrug:

What's happening with this?

To keep everyone happy I have changed my sig, but I still think the images should be shortlisted to best 10 then let the members vote, or for the competion runner to decide on the best 3 pics... keep it nice and simplez :D

Its FITPs comp and its his to do it as he wishes, (y)

I'll redo the poll, but it means redoing the whole thread, as my requests to the mod team for help fell on deaf ears....:shrug:

With regard to shortlisting the "best" 10, who decides which ones are the best? It's not gonna be me :LOL:

okay...my tuppence...I would pick a panel of yourself plus 5-6 people whom you respect..one should be a forum mod (okay..maybe ignore that main criterion for that person)

then only 5-6 people can vote, each giving points for their top three.
5 points, 3 points and 2 points...something like that
simple

I have noticed a lot of 1 votes what happens if you get a mass draw :LOL: guys cut FITP some slack... it has to be very difficult to select 3 winners out of 64 entries!

guys cut FITP some slack... it has to be very difficult to select 3 winners out of 64 entries!

Agreed. Graham is doing this out of his own generosity and it's up to him how he sets up the competition. I don't see the critics offering their own ££ to run a competition.

If he'd asked for feedback on it then fine, but he hasn't so it's hardly polite to pick holes in it is it?

I don't see the critics offering their own ££ to run a competition.

Erm, he's an advertiser/trader on here so thing are slightly different.

I agree it's a nice gesture! (y)

Why start a competition and then refuse to take responsibilty and judge it?

Because, as with the competition I ran last month, voting is by way of a poll, that way there can be no accusations of favouritism or anything like that. :cautious: I wouldn't worry about it if I were you though Dave, the prize is for the best candid shot ;)

The voting thread is here do please vote (y)

Because, as with the competition I ran last month, voting is by way of a poll, that way there can be no accusations of favouritism or anything like that. :cautious: I wouldn't worry about it if I were you though Dave, the prize is for the best candid shot ;)

The voting thread is here do please vote (y)

Thanks Flash :)

Are you saying my shot was not candid then Flash? If that is the case you are wrong. However if you think you are right maybe you should look at some of the other entries and rule them out! By publically accusing me of entering a non-candid shot surley you have influenced the voting!!!!

"Candid photography is best described as un-posed and unplanned, immediate and unobtrusive. This is in contrast to classic photography, which includes aspects such as carefully staged portrait photography, landscape photography or object photography. Candid photography catches moments of life from immersion in it"..

I think what he is saying is that the majority of the shots in there do not look candid, a lot look posed, others are people showing off for the camera with silly poses etc.

I don't think Flash was talking about anyone in particular. :)

On a side note:

However, if people don't like the way a comp is run they just shouldn't enter in the future and be a little more grateful to people offering to give stuff away. I would personally be a little peeved if comps stopped because of the complaining.

Are you saying my shot was not candid then Flash? If that is the case you are wrong. However if you think you are right maybe you should look at some of the other entries and rule them out! By publically accusing me of entering a non-candid shot surley you have influenced the voting!!!!

"Candid photography is best described as un-posed and unplanned, immediate and unobtrusive. This is in contrast to classic photography, which includes aspects such as carefully staged portrait photography, landscape photography or object photography. Candid photography catches moments of life from immersion in it"..

I'm sorry but your shot looks distinctly posed to me, the subject is making eye contact with the camera,interacting with it and holding a prop

Bride_31.jpg

If you read further down the page you quote from it says "People photographed on candid shots either ignore or accept the close presence of the photographer's camera without posing".

So personally I would say that your entry, whilst there is nothing wrong with it as a photograph, is one of those which doesn't meet the criteria, but as you say there are quite a few others that don't either. This is why I said at the top of the voting thread:

"There are quite a few entries that don't really fit the criteria, but in the interests of fairness I've included everyone's picture in the voting, I'm trusting you lot to be able to vote for the funniest genuine candid shot."

If you feel that I have "influenced the voting" then I am sorry. If you wish we can call the whole contest null and void, suits me fine, I'm quite happy to save myself a pile of money and keep the prizes

. Here was me thinking I was doing a good thing by running a contest and providing the prizes out of my own pocket, but obviously not.....

. Here was me thinking I was doing a good thing by running a contest and providing the prizes out of my own pocket, but obviously not.....

You are, just ignore it.

Thought I was in with a chance but it doesn't look like it in the voting :( never mind though, its all good fun! :D

I have voted. Loved looking at the shots.
I know Admirable's didn't really fit the competition but I have to say what a beautiful photo that one is.

I have voted. Loved looking at the shots.
I know Admirable's didn't really fit the competition but I have to say what a beautiful photo that one is.

Yes, it's a lovely shot, but as you say it didn't really fit the criteria. By contrast there are one or two photos that are technically nothing special but are great candid shots - it'll be interesting to see if they even get into the top 10...

Glad the voting is going again, even though I don't look like I am in with a shout. Only thing I would say is maybe you should have taken out those which are not candid. Would have made voting easier as less pics to choose from, and could save any not fair comments.

Still generous of you and some great pics in the thread

Well, I did consider doing that, but looking at the offence that suggesting that just one photo didn't fit the criteria has caused, can you imagine what removing say 20 or 30 would have done :help: :LOL:

Definately not posed Flash. She turned around and I took the shot. I don't think many wedding togs give the bride a Fruit shoot and ask for a pose!!

Whadya mean mine isn't funny! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I would like to thank everyone for all the nice comments, I'm glad you like it!

Definately not posed Flash. She turned around and I took the shot. I don't think many wedding togs give the bride a Fruit shoot and ask for a pose!!

I don't think that they mean "say cheese" style posing, just that if someone spots a camera looking at them they tend to act up. They are posing so to speak, there are a couple in there of people acting up to the camera that I wouldn't class as candid either.

people have different take on it, if people like it they'll vote though :D

I don't think that they mean "say cheese" style posing, just that if someone spots a camera looking at them they tend to act up. They are posing so to speak, there are a couple in there of people acting up to the camera that I wouldn't class as candid either.

people have different take on it, if people like it they'll vote though :D

Basically what Harvey says, you may not have asked her to "pose", but the expression etc suggest someone who is playing to the camera and that isn't a candid shot...

Well, I did consider doing that, but looking at the offence that suggesting that just one photo didn't fit the criteria has caused, can you imagine what removing say 20 or 30 would have done :help: :LOL:

Fair point. Still have no chance of winning but isn't it the taking part? :LOL: Meh balls to that I want a prize:D

The voting thread could do with a bump as it's the last day.

We need more votes in.

I thought I was in with a real chance with my entry (within in the guidelines of the comp) but it looks like no one has voted for my entry... Good luck all (y)

@Dave Stone, I do not think your comments are within the spirit of the competition. If I was judging the images I wouldn’t consider your image to be candid either but saying that it doesn’t mean you still cannot win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back