Windows 10 version 1803 looks like a big download & update

So it nags that it's got a drive that's filling up because it's assigned a drive letter. To fix open a cod window and type
Diskpart
List volume
Select volume

Find the affected volume number (mine was g:) volume 2

Select the affected volume, in my case volume 2 by typing
Select volume 2

Remove letter = (drive letter of your volume-mine was g)
Exit
Thanks Byker 28i, I followed your instructions and the OEM partition no longer has a drive letter assigned, hopefully it will stop nagging.

I hadn't realised that the update had assigned a drive letter to that partition, I'd assumed it had always been there so I'd looked into how to clean it up and then how to extend it which you can't

Now just got to figure out why my PC sometimes boots into BIOS, not that this started with the 1803 update :confused:

Mine's just gone through, took a while but all seems ok so far

My cheap HP Win 10 laptop took it's usual several or so hours and two attempts to handle the download but seems to be OK with it.

My (even these days) fairly rapid i7 16 Gb RAM desktop PC handled it very quickly, but now I'm faced with post-start up landing screen 'wallpaper' photo(s) with several text captions options enticing me to click on them for some sort of educational (or data gathering?) experience! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to kill the text on these start-up wallpaper images, or even how to kill the start-up images entirely (aside from the obvious option of destroying the PC or its Win 10 operating system!). I know the answer can probably be found via a Google search, but as this is 'on topic' reply and I'm hopefully amongst like-minded forum members, I thought I'd ask my mates first (y).

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to kill the text on these start-up wallpaper images, or even how to kill the start-up images entirely (aside from the obvious option of destroying the PC or its Win 10 operating system!). I know the answer can probably be found via a Google search, but as this is 'on topic' reply and I'm hopefully amongst like-minded forum members, I thought I'd ask my mates first (y).

Right click on desktop, personalise, Lockscreen, select picture . Also turn off 'get fun facts.......' .

Thanks Toni, the option wasn't showing until I selected the 'picture' setting in the background dropdown menu box. Talk about hiding stuff away, how complicated do they need to make this stuff? :rolleyes:

All good here. Cortana's doing fine as long as I keep her fully inflated with the bicycle pump ...

Not overly impressed with the report diagnostic info options to Microsoft, choices being basic or all...I want to select none!

Not overly impressed with the report diagnostic info options to Microsoft, choices being basic or all...I want to select none!

I suspect you could manage that with a firewall (not the built-in one) but otherwise you're stuck with M$ light-touch spyware as the price for using their OS.

I suspect you could manage that with a firewall (not the built-in one) but otherwise you're stuck with M$ light-touch spyware as the price for using their OS.

I wonder what would happen or indeed even if you can "stop" the telemetry service???

Back