Windows PC crashes when exporting from Lightroom

Edit My Images
No
My PC powers down literally like the plugs been pulled when I'm exporting from lightroom. Its got so bad I now can only export 2 or 3 images at a time. Anyone know whats causing this?

ok so one of the threads above says to check the memory usage via task manager. So Ive just exported 34 files in LR and checked the task manager screen whilst LR in operation. Havent a clue what it all means though! Can anyone help?

upload_2017-2-15_16-46-43.png

I had this a while back. I would export a few files without issue, but if I tried 25+ it would just shutdown. In my case it was inadequate cooling and the processor was getting too hot so the over temp protection kicked in and shut the pc down. Your processor is running at 100% so is working hard and therefore getting warm. Check the cooling. I used a program called Core Temp to monitor the cpu temps http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ - it may help diagnose.

Yup first thing that springs to mind is thermal shutdown. If you load something like speed fan and watch the temps while exporting to see what they are before it dies. Also what your normal idle temp is.

Could be the cpu heatsink clogged or thermal paste failure.

Back