Winter Olympics 2018

I LOVE Eurosport! Here I am watching live Nordic Combined, but when there is Super-G, the Downhill, Ski-Jumping, Cross-Country, Biathlon, Luge et al I am glued. But I literally don't know anyone else that enjoys these wintersports. Does anyone else here enjoy Eurosport's winter output?

Love it. Managed to get to trackside at Wengen yesterday, something I've wanted to do for a long time. Sadly Dave Ryding didn't make it to final slalom run, here he is in action:

Wengen World Cup Slalom 2018
by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

I don't know if it applies to other platforms, but BT TV now launched Eurosport 3 HD, Eurosport 4 HD & Eurosport 5 HD for the Olympic coverage.

Woke up an couldn't get back to sleep so watching the snowboarding. Enjoying it but some nasty crashes! :eek:

Just watched a brilliant ice hockey game between the ladies of Sweden and Japan.

Poor old Christie. It just doesn’t work out for her in the Olympics does it.

Good to see the portion of the team who had to self fund their Olympics take the bulk of the UK medal tally so far. So much for funding the medal hopefuls.

Double Luge is just plain wrong.

Hurtling down an ice tube on a "tea tray", in any way shape or form, is wrong! It takes a special kind of mental illness, I'm told. :D

Hurtling down an ice tube on a "tea tray", in any way shape or form, is wrong! It takes a special kind of mental illness, I'm told. :D
Absolutely. We had a debate at work about whether the luge or the skeleton is the most insane. There wasn't a clear winner but I think we all agreed that they're both off the end of the "normal" insanity scale.

And the tandem luge is just wrong.

Oh dear Ms Christie!

Just the way it goes unfortunately, and speaking to one of my mates who used to do a bit of speed skating before taking up cycling, he thought a few of the judging decisions were bizarre to say the least.
Still, like Paula Radcliffe, arguably our best female distance runner ever, who never won an Olympic medal. Elise is still the reigning 1000 and 1500 World champion and won overall gold - the first British or European woman to do so..

Been a great Olympics, highlight for me so far was Ester Ledecka, primarily a snowboarder, but won the Women's Super G by 0.001 of a second.
Came down 26th which is usually the also rans start position, totally stunned when she crossed the line and thought the time was a mistake, brilliant

Second two runs today of the Women's bobsleigh, our pair who got their via a public appeal when their funding was withdrawn are sixth and just 0.16 from the medal places.

Credit to Eurosport too. It’s their first Olympic as official broadcaster and they are doing a great job. Shame that Sky customers don’t get the extra channels though.

Back