weekly WMD's 52 for 2018 - Weeks 13 through 17 + 18 now added!

Good find for Juxaposition Matt, I mean the nice sunny day, lol.

Good exposure, contrast and colours.

I have not seen any kingfishers our way for just over a year.

Pete

Reactions: WMD
Clever idea for your juxtaposition shot, works very well!

Heavy - you are not wrong about life getting in the way when it comes to photography. As you say heavy is what you have managed to take indoors, it is nicely composed and nicely lit so works for me.
Wet - works for me I like the blue on your jacket helps to make the water droplets stand out.
Juxtaposition - I had to look twice at the image to see what the connection to the theme was, as for a brief moment it had escaped me. I like the contrast between the light and the dark under the bridge, good capture.

Juxtaposition

I quite like this, you're right it has a look of Instagram about it.

Juxtaposition - I like the contrast of the 2 sides of the shot

Update!
I've still been taking the photos, although I've not had much chance to log in and share, so here's a bit of a catch up post...

Week 13 Oval:
photo.jpg

Week 14 Straight:
photo.jpg

Week 15 Unattractive:
photo.jpg

Hi Matt

Oval, nice use of the reflected shadow to complete the oval, nice moody feel to it as well.

Straight, bill, nice image, he's looking straight into it as well. I live the slightly smoothed water behind, helps to isolate the heron. Maybe a tad more foreground to help ground the whole image.

Umattractive, I can see where you are coming from, but only just.

Shadow, thats a long one, right down the middle of the Image as well, good use of the midday sun, and plenty of shadow in the beautiful Image as well, like the colours scattered about. lots of details and textures.

Pete

Quality images Matt. Beautiful stands out as erm beautiful :D

Hi Matt,

Oval - That's a great take on the theme, very well executed. Mono suits it.
Straight - Quite fortunate to have the heron (?) hold still long enough to get the smoothing of the water yet still have it sharp (y)
Unattractive - Yes, the join between the 2 houses is a bit jarring. the right hand edge could possibly do with dragging outward a degree or so, it's ever so slightly off vertical (I think).
Shadow - 'ts grim oop norf. Lovely bit of timing / planning to get the split of in shadow and in sunlight along the path like that.
Beautiful - Lovely golden lighting caught there. A different take on the theme I feel.
Low - Can't beat a puddy tat shot. Prentending to be fast asleep, but ready to pounce on the unwary.

I think that Low vies with Shadow as my image of the catch-up.

Shadow and Beautiful are both very nice indeed, and I dont mind the cat shot either......

Great catch-up, Matt. A wide variety of subjects and styles and they're all spot on for their themes, but I particularly like the lovely heron and rushing water in Straight, the leading lines and textures in Shadow, the warm light in Beautiful and the dozing subject and idea for Low.

Looking forward to the rest :)

Cat lying low in a hazing continental (?) setting. (y)

Cat on 3rds, enough difference in colour to most of the picture.Steeps are not level, but I doubt they ever were. Nice texture in steps and wall. Nice shot.

Back