weekly Wornish's 52 2023 Week 52 added: Favourite 2023 Image

Week 9: Broken, Tech: Black & White

Paving Stone seen better days.

Broken.jpeg

Lovely use of texture.

Looks good to me and very quick off the mark, nicely done

Quicky ticky! Nice :)

Very quick off the mark. Lovely texture and nicely framed.

That's nice David, very simple but it capture the texture of the stone really well and makes for an interesting image.

Week 10: Full, Tech: B & W

Full-1-BW.jpg

It's water if anyone is wondering. No alcohol was consumed in this process:)

Lovely lighting and thought the glass was chrome when first looked at it.
Was the glass placed at just the right spot for the light or lot of editing?

Lovely lighting and thought the glass was chrome when first looked at it.
Was the glass placed at just the right spot for the light or lot of editing?
It was taken in the Kitchen with the glass on the worktop I did re-position the glass and the camera a few times to get the light and reflection as I wanted it.

Reactions: nog
Beautiful shot David. Not sure that I believe you about it being just water...

Stand-out image there David. The positioning of the glass in the reflected light is perfect. And the reflection of the stem in the worktop is a nice touch too.

Getting a catch-up on some comments!

Snappers Choice - Very interesting shadows. It's a bit busy and might benefit from being simplified.

Knob(s) - I had to zoom in to see you. Does it extend past the right or finish, if the latter I would prefer seeing the whole item.
You could "take your eye" out with those strings on the guitar head!

Letters - I prefer the colour version, it has more impact.

Kitchen - Interesting shadows from the fork with good detail on the prongs.

Broken - Nice textures, could see it being used as a background in a composite too.

Full - Great choice of the glass. Did you manage to fill it to the brim first time? Might benefit from a small crop at the right edge to remove the brighter area.

Thanks all for the feedback.
Never stop learning. Always seem to be too much in a rush to post.

Week 11: Patterns

Pattern-1.jpg

Plate.

Or a more traditional alternative. Spode - Delftware.

Pattern-2.jpg

That top one reminds me I'm afraid of heights! Looks like a portal to another dimension.

Yep that’s a pattern and nicely framed. Reminds me of the intro to Dr Who on telly.

Nice plate - a square crop inside the plate edges would have melted my eyes :D

Love your chosen one David. Makes me cross-eyed if I stare at it too long...

Week 13: Spring

Spring-Back-Garden.jpg

Spring time in the back garden.

Alternatives

Spring-2.jpg

A Daffodil

Spring-3.jpg

Magnolia starting a new year.

Last edited:
Personally I love your magnolia shot but the garden shot is very good and bang on theme.

Ooh, that magnolia shot is lovely David (although there seems to be some ? chromatic aberration? noticeable around the branch and far bud particularly).

The colour and details on the main bud is gorgeous!

Ooh, that magnolia shot is lovely David (although there seems to be some ? chromatic aberration? noticeable around the branch and far bud particularly).

The colour and details on the main bud is gorgeous!

Tried to fix the chromatic aberration

Spring-3b.jpg

Tried to fix the chromatic aberration

View attachment 385270
That's certainly helped David, although it was an observation rather than a criticism. I suspect it's tricky to resolve completely. I wouldn't know how to go about it for sure although I suppose there might be some sort of solution tucked away in one of my PP applications. It doesn't detract from the main subject - I just love that colour!!

Nice images, a;; would be OK for the theme, shame about the aberration on the tulip though

Like the garden shot, lovely colours in the magnolia shot-don't think the back ground of the magnolia shot contributes much but still lovely picture.

As said, the magnolia is a lovely shot if it could be fixed. The garden works perfectly for the theme though.

Back