Would you sell an entry level camera on Ebay these days ?

Would you or wouln'nt you ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Just as the title says, I am tempted to put my camera on Ebay, but I am a bit reluctant to do it these days. Especially with the paypal rules on payments staying pending until positive feed back is left.

Has anyone done it recently ?

Last edited:
I tend not to use ebay these days, and much prefer to take a little bit of a hit on the price and sell on here - its a LOT less hassle.

Hi Leaky,

What are you selling - have a friend looking at an entry-level camera...

I certainly wouldn't sell on Ebay if you don't get funds until 21 days or positive feedback.

Someone could buy the camera, use it on holiday for two weeks, then ask for their money back....

I'd rather sell and buy here.. having said that you'll almost certainly do better price wise on Ebay, even after fees.

-Andy

agreed, I'd rather sell gere, a community that I can trust and know that if I do things by the book I'll be backed up.
Ebay was great once, now is problematic and littered with problematic sellers/buyers. The charges now are ridiculous too. It could do with a rebranding and a fresh approach now methinks.

It took me 3 months to get my account lifted from ebay!!

After being riped off twice I would not use ebay again for anything.

Just as the title says, I am tempted to put my camera on Ebay, but I am a bit reluctant to do it these days. Especially with the paypal rules on payments staying pending until positive feed back is left.

Has anyone done it recently ?

Yes, I have, without any issues - payments are only held where you either haven't met Ebay's sales/feedback requirements or there is a reason whereby they feel the transaction is potentially problematic.

I buy and sell lots of stuff on ebay and never had a problem but I have come close a few times! Mainly motorcycle kits a few years ago and vintage 8bit computer equipment :) - Still got loads of that left, might offer some on here, its great :)

[OT]

Any Amiga stuff? :)

Still have a 20meg hard drive from when I used to do that from the early 90s, full of 68000 source code :)

[/OT]

[OT]

Any Amiga stuff? :)

Still have a 20meg hard drive from when I used to do that from the early 90s, full of 68000 source code :)

[/OT]

I have an Amiga A1200 with some software, joystick etc with the built in 2.5" hard drive! Are you interested :)

Last one I had one an Amiga500+ - does your still take a sidecar?

Probably best to PM as its a bit OT :)

never had a problem personally. Just recently sold my 70-200 F4 on their (as dont have enough posts here) payment money came through instantly from paypal, also as I remember when I have sold anything in the past the money from paypal comes through instantly.

Only thing I would say is make sure if you are weary of first time bidders add it to the auction wording, only post to the UK and make sure your postage covers your for full amount of compensation, (RM special delivery for the above lens was only £8.75 however, bought a used 40D for which postage stamp was £21 for special delivery) then if anything happens you are covered etc etc

try POTN, other uk photography for sale areas, then vivastreet and other free listing websites and then finally eBay/eBid.

leaky5- If you don't mind my asking why are you switching platforms? I've the A200 and have wondered about whether I should jump to Canon/Nikon before I get overly invested.

Back