WOW!

I feel like I'm playing Xbox and I've just got a shed load of achievements! :runaway:

I'm here, I'm here, I heard something about 30D bras and came as quickly as I could (which is a sign of old age, unfortunately).

30d bras? Is that not some new fangled digital machine?

Hmmmmmm kind of like it and looks better on iOS than the other one.

Just realised the iPhone app doesn't work but the forums are very easy to use in Safari on the phone. Very nice indeed!

Thats a bit of a bummer, it was so handy to use this at work. I guess I'll have to see how it works in Safari.

It's all a bit too pale for me. Acres of white and pale blue.

I've been lobbying for something like the old "TP Grey" stylee... I think Yv's quite vocal about her hatred of the blue and white too... if Marcy needs to have a lie down for the next month in a darkened room after all the work he's done, I'm thinking about having a dig around with greasemonkey 'cause this white's getting on my pec's :(

I have to agree, the white is a little... "too early for this time of the morning" for my eyes, but really it's actually the combination of the text size and the white that does it. Change one or the other and I think it'd be a massive improvement :)

Poor Marcy, he must be wasted. Coffee and a slap round the chops and he'll be right as rain :D In truth though, much appreciation should be directed his way, and indeed anyone else that put work into the forum.

All that said, could someone nudge the troubleticket entitled "POTY winners subtitle woes" onto the list of things to sort? Thankyees!

Last edited:
He's been putting in a hell of a lot of work in the backgroung mate - problem is, he's so OCD he'd never trust anyone else to touch the software (even if it WAS safe to let either DF or Matty loose with the spanners :confused:) so it's all down to him.

As I said ^^^ I just hit the Ctrl and + butons and increased the zoom in Firefox, then let XenForo scale itself accordingly.

The POTY Tag problem was what he was hoping to avoid when they disappeard a couple of weeks ago - any custom tag with "colour information" in there came over broken...

I'll give it a bump in the staffroom though :)

I've been lobbying for something like the old "TP Grey" stylee... I think Yv's quite vocal about her hatred of the blue and white too... if Marcy needs to have a lie down for the next month in a darkened room after all the work he's done, I'm thinking about having a dig around with greasemonkey 'cause this white's getting on my pec's :(

Send him round I'm sure Andy can have Roberts get him a brandy and yesterdays paper.

Definitely getting confused by the changes in avatar :|

Avatars should have ported over the same, only changes should be if someone has taken the trouble to update their avatar to take advantage of the higher resolution that's allowable in XenForo

One thing I HAVE noticed, is that the avatars are a little more noticeable, and therefore the people without an avatar REALLY seem to stand out by looking like "The Riddler" :LOL:

Send him round I'm sure Andy can have Roberts get him a brandy and yesterdays paper.

Is he a member? We can't just allow anyone to wander in off the streets demanding brandy, Roberts would be run off his feet and he's not as young as once he was. However on this occasion I think a small restorative Napoleon could be furnished to young Marcel as a reward for all his endeavours.

One thing I HAVE noticed, is that the avatars are a little more noticeable, and therefore the people without an avatar REALLY seem to stand out by looking like "The Riddler" :LOL:

Ah the shaved monkey returns, I see you finally found me.

/Batman geekery.

I really should look something for an avatar, I've just never really bothered but this software does make more use of them.

Avatars should have ported over the same, only changes should be if someone has taken the trouble to update their avatar to take advantage of the higher resolution that's allowable in XenForo

I guessed that would be the case, I just realised mine is a lovely shade of pixelated

Ah the shaved monkey returns, I see you finally found me.

/Batman geekery.

I really should look something for an avatar, I've just never really bothered but this software does make more use of them.

Shaved Monkey indeed... I get enough "wookie" comments normally that this one is quite refreshing...

Yeah - Xen's quite nice with the Avatars, plus when it recommends something "over 200x200px" its actually worthwhile putting a half decent image in there...

I'll not be called General Ludd by anyone but if I could have this functionality and the same old familiar look I'd be more comfortable.

24 robots?

Just uploaded a JPG from the hardrive at 1800px and it did it, h'mm it looked too big so re-sized it to 1000px but it wont upload now saying it's too large..h,mm reduced it to 800px same answer. Oh well let's hope it's sorted out as it would be nice if you can upload a 1800px file, and the software would reduce it automatically...saves f..ting around in Photoshop reducing and bi-passes Photobucket.

Gallery works best at 1024 x 1024 max and 350kb max file size as currently set.

It was on this forum's competition........and can't find the smiles to add to my reply?

:) does this mean you're leaving us Brian :)

(didn't realise Asda did a Photography Forum as well as the worlds best scanning service) ;)

Last edited:
:) does this mean you're leaving us Brian :)

(didn't realise Asda did a Photography Forum as well as the worlds best scanning service) ;)

I'll probably leave when my post count is about 30,000 as I'll probably be senile by then :) Today I got some great quality dev from two rolls at Asda as the machine wasn't working for a few days and the maintenance men had just put new chemicals in and had to wait 1.5 hrs for the chemicals to warm up....what more could you ask for :)
Anway where has all the smilies gone?

10599892864_26b4188749_c.jpg

only thing where you may not see that bar, is if you've switched off the Rich Text Editor in your preferences...

to check that, at the top of the forum, click on your name, then select preferences, and make sure that the line

Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages

has a tick at the side of it...

Last edited:
did you need to switch the rich edit on ?

Yep it's on, I was just looking in the wrong place :bonk:...also why can't the "preview" be easier to use, when I go to "more options" I seem to see two pictures (in the few times I've used it)..more confusing compared to the old software. :shrug: Mind you I've forgotten what the old software was like already, but on another site it's so easy to use but in that site you can upload from your hardrive and might be mixing this and the other site up. :shrug:

Last edited:
I'd never actually had to look at the preview tbh - it's not exactly clearly demarked is it... the upper version being the preview, then a small white space and the "live editing" bit only separated by an incredibly thin pale blue line... perhaps if the bottom demarcating line was a little thicker ??

I'd never actually had to look at the preview tbh - it's not exactly clearly demarked is it... the upper version being the preview, then a small white space and the "live editing" bit only separated by an incredibly thin pale blue line... perhaps if the bottom demarcating line was a little thicker ??

Well I always use preview, as sometimes you want to put two pictures along side each other, also if my picture looks carp in quality, then I wont post it.

Does anyone know if the auto-shrink thing we had on the old software will make a comeback? I'm finding the new full 1024-wide (and even more so, 1024-high) pics a bit hard to view properly on my laptop.

The full large portrait images are too large to see without scrolling on FF with a mac. Shrinking the browser window doesn't seem to solve it.

..and I'd like to know what the upload a file is for...as I've tried to upload a 1000px\800px jpg and keep getting the message "too large".......if it's for something like a 300px jpg it's not much use for showing a decent pic.

Back