Wrong ASA

Name
Katherine
Edit My Images
No
Hi, casual film photographer over here. I forgot to change my ASA for my camera (canon AE-1) from 400 to 100 for the whole roll. Is there any way to save the photos when I get them developed, what should I ask for? These photos are very important to me so any help that would have them turn out ok would be greatly appreciated! I used ektar 100 film.

Just tell the lab what you've done when you send your film off and they should be able to develop it correctly. Lots of photographers do push film intentionally. That is they shoot at a higher ISO than the box speed.

2 stops of overexposure should be easily corrected in the printing. I'm not a colour photographer, but I would expect you might not see any difference in the final prints.

Welcome to Talk Photography, as has been said tell the lab when you send it off, or even better pick a good lab, phone them first and ask if they are condident that they can process it for you. I think Ektar might be a bit less forgiving than some other film stocks but I'm sure you will get something from it.

2 stops of overexposure should be easily corrected in the printing. I'm not a colour photographer, but I would expect you might not see any difference in the final prints.
Unfortunately, it’s a two-stop under exposure in this case and with Ektar, which can be a bit pickier than other colour negative films. Based on this, I would advise asking the lab to push two stops.

Back