You know you have been using film more than digital when :-

I only look at the back of the camera when using large format, but I have several times attempted to wind on a Sony a7rii thinking it's an OM1.

Take it in to have the sensor cleaned and cough up £30?

When you shun high quality freshly roasted coffee beans and buy Asda Instant because it's easier to make caffenol.

I defrosted my freezer 2 weeks ago, and the rolls of Acros were far more expensive than all the food that was in it! :cool:
Still got 5 packs of 5 x 120 Acros 100 in my freezer... I'm beginning to think that this might explain the current increase in property prices in my postcode area!

...when the digi photo booths just print copies of one picture, before with film you had different pictures...erm newer is better, I don't think so.

...when the digi photo booths just print copies of one picture, before with film you had different pictures...erm newer is better, I don't think so.
When you are a member of the Analogue Photobooth Community:
I'm sure I used to get better pictures from them. I still remember the smell of the hypo on the slightly damp prints.

I'm sure I used to get better pictures from them. I still remember the smell of the hypo on the slightly damp prints.

Reading up on photo booths and the first one opened up in the US in 1923....I've got photo booth shots back to 1960 and thought that was old.

Next time I get the chance to go to Manchester, I'm having me two strips of analogue photo-booth pictures from Fred Aldous - B&W and colour!

Not far from Real Camera as well. Now all I need to happen is for this bloody virus to sod off so I can travel there...

Next time I get the chance to go to Manchester, I'm having me two strips of analogue photo-booth pictures from Fred Aldous - B&W and colour!

Not far from Real Camera as well. Now all I need to happen is for this bloody virus to sod off so I can travel there...

You are not alone their mate, I've got it so I've not left the house for a week....

You are not alone their mate, I've got it so I've not left the house for a week....

Sorry to hear that Andy...how did you find out? and did you have to inform all the people you had been with to self isolate?

Hope you recover soon @Andysnap. I still have no idea if I've had it or not. I know for certain that my wife had it earlier in the year (although she only found out after the fact), and the rest of us would have been in close proximity during the time she was infected. I've certainly not had any of the main symptoms at any point though.

Oh dear, that's a bit of bad news, so fingers crossed that it's only the mildest of symptoms Andy. Any idea where you might have contracted it?

Oh dear, that's a bit of bad news, so fingers crossed that it's only the mildest of symptoms Andy. Any idea where you might have contracted it?

Yes....the pub. It feels like a very bad cold so put uppable with.

Yes....the pub. It feels like a very bad cold so put uppable with.
Too much cold, wet, lager; told you it was no good for you! ;) Joking aside, look after yourself and take things easy, plenty of vitamin C (but not too much!) too. (y)

Last edited:
Wife had it in the spring she still occasionally has symptoms, not to worry you or anything.

Wife had it in the spring she still occasionally has symptoms, not to worry you or anything.

Well thanks for that, very reassuring. :)

Back