Your Best Crash Shots...Let's See 'em.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
I did a search and couldn't find another similar thread and I can't claim any originality for the title - stole the idea from another forum...
Anyway, lets see your best crash shots.
Try to post pics of crashes - this doesn't include things like cars just running of the track into gravel traps etc, we want crashes...

Here's a couple to kick things off...

Zack Thackery at the 2009 Australian Superbike Championship round at Mallala in 2009

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
P
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
another one from the archives...
This is from the 2011 Australian Off Road Championship round at Baroota
Less than 200 metres into the Prologue.

Greg Gartner's H-U-G-E endo at the Flinders 450.
About time I was in the right place and had the Canon pointing the right way for a change.

Apart from being a bit sore, both crew are fine and were seen at the pub on Saturday night.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
An oldie from 1985. Martin Donnelly and Bertrand Fabi collide at Old Hall at the Outon Park FF2000 finale. A controversial accident that gave Fabi the Championship. Sadly Bertrand Fabi was killed testing an F3 car at Goodwood.

My apologies for the quality of the photo. It's scanned from a 6x4 in my album as I've lost the original negs.

FF2000, Oulton Park, 1985 by Alansart, on Flickr

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Not something I ever seem to get much of thats terribly exciting, usually they bin it just when I've decided to go for a slow shutter shot.... except this one, which by a fluke I caught because I was sticking to fast head on shots:

Alex Lowes, BSB, Thruxton 2011:

From memory, I have another from this year, but will dig it out later.

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Thats a biggie Colt! Nice one!

You saying that, I remembered this one from BSB Oulton Park #1, 2012.

Think it was a superstock 600, might have been a supersport - its a 600 class machine anyway!

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
oooooh hang on, here's Westmoreland, BSB Brands GP 2012:

The sequence of that one is on the official BSB website gallery if you really want to see more. I can't work out how to link them from there :-/

Name
Storm Trooper
Edit My Images
Yes
I wonder who had the first idea for putting decals on the underside of the faring :D Anyone remember the wheelie Biaggi did on a 500cc, I think he was over the vertical point.

[YOUTUBE]8BA2clO3WFE[/YOUTUBE]

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Dunno about stickers on the underside... sometimes I think it has a lot to do with the actual sponsors...

(BSB Thruxton 2012, a 125 of some sort!)

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
A few of my crash shots. Most of these are sequences, but just chose a single image from the sequence

1. Ian Lowry at Oulton

2. Dean Harrison at Darley

3. Not technically a crash , but you know its about to hurt. Andy Soar at Darley

4.Kevin Allen , Donington

OP
OP
P
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
not sure how I nearly forgot about this one...
From the 2012 Drift Supercup at Mallala in South Aus...

In more than 25 years it would, without a doubt, have to be the scariest moment I've ever had at a motorsport event.

It's what happns when someone gets their A's - ambition and ability - all confused

Shots not the greatest, but that's what happens when you're set for panning at 1/40sec.

and the accompanying video...
skip through to the 20 second mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrBiLZ-b7o

Last edited:
Name
Scott MacDonald
Edit My Images
Yes
From the Snowman Rally this year.

[/url]

I had just missed this one by about 3 minutes, was moving up stage to find a new position and had heard the off. Car v Tree. Tree Wins.

Name
Stuart or just Stoo!
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't been to any motorsports but I saw this on the way home from a visit to the seaside with the kids. It had obviously hit a car that was on the other side of the road but there was no serious injuries thankfully.

[/url][/IMG]