Your best Macro photo of 2010

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
As the motorsport/transport/Landscape sections have one, lets have one in the Macro section :)

Rules -

1) Yours
2) Best
3) Macro
4) Photo (not photos)
5) Taken in 2010

Clearly stealing an Idea from a Mod / Other member :D

Still plenty to learn and still gettig to grips with my kit but I like this one :)

Having a friend for dinner

Mixed reviews of this, but I like it!

4804604600_d1acb76a36_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure - but we'll go with this butterfly for now :shrug: Taken with the MP-e in the garden

4818186877_4654a7520d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure it is my best but it is one of the favourites from a sparse year of macro from me.
Taken with the Mp-e 65. Personally I think quite an achievement considering the working distance is around 4 inches from the end of the lens to the subject. I reckon I got lucky this once. :D
4830715990_e25b039e8_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Dogfish

May I remind you of your own rule number 4
heheoc.gif

tinybloom.jpg

Hard to pick, really new to this macro thing... But I do like this one...

Lovely leaf

Not done much macro stuff this year, so just a humble garden spider I'm afraid; some absolute corkers on here so far though...........looking forward to seeing more

Garden spider by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Probably this one...

EFS55-250, Raynox DCR250, 360AFD and home made ring flash converter

IMG_7291-1.jpg

I think it's a female jumping spider.

@ John

It's probably female as the two small central 'legs' are bigger in the male as they are the sex organs and contain the spermatophores.

Some stunning pictures in here, not really worth me posting mine, but I love this pic. Ive had it printed to A2 and looks brilliant.

ladybird by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

I don't have a macro lens but I was more than happy with this from my little IXUS Compact camera.

4836186584_4dd895170d_z.jpg

@ Phil

Canon compacts do take very good macro shots and when you consider how much they cost compare to a DSLR + macro lens they are bloody good value!

@ CBA100

You can see the lighting rig reflected in the bubble. :LOL:

Last edited:
Just WOW! As already stated! I recognise a lot of these from when they were originally posted, but just so many stunning images! Fantastic stuff.

Well my best macro would have to be one of my droplet shots... if I have to choose just one... erm... I guess it would be this one:

Ten Ten Ten! by AshMashMash, on Flickr

I worked hard in 2010 on these from random splashy things to what I like to think are quite "art-ful" works. This one I like a lot: a very hard to get form (by hand), with 3 different colours in it (the colours are there in the straight-out picture... red, yellow, blue...).:)

Wow some incredible shots in here. Don't think mine compete at all but here goes anyway

4631686629_004494c402_z.jpg

Taken with my G1 kit lens and a Raynox DCR250.

Just WOW! As already stated! I recognise a lot of these from when they were originally posted, but just so many stunning images! Fantastic stuff.

Well my best macro would have to be one of my droplet shots... if I have to choose just one... erm... I guess it would be this one:

I worked hard in 2010 on these from random splashy things to what I like to think are quite "art-ful" works. This one I like a lot: a very hard to get form (by hand), with 3 different colours in it (the colours are there in the straight-out picture... red, yellow, blue...).:)

this is amazing would love to be able to do shots like that

nice

mat

Absolutely BRILLIANT! and a sure winner in my books :)

For me it came down to this one

4428222256_0dea86e9b5_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back