Your Bird shot of 2012

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
As we are nearly into 2013, it is time to look back and select your favourite Bird shot from the last year...

Mine is this one, after a cut-short trip to Skomer Island, I finally managed to capture a Puffin in flight. This trip has made me yearn for a telephoto lens ever since

DSC_5265.jpg by Sectionate, on Flickr

Go, Go, Go, post yours.

This has got to be my favourite bird shot, of a wild spar on a kill...

IMG_1772.jpg

Cracking pictures, but the gold finch's are amazing (y)

(BTW as its a "best of 2012" I've made it a sticky for the rest of the year (y))

Great shots, I primarily shot automotive subjects so don't have many wildlife shots to choose from. I try not to restrict myself though and capture any interesting moment i see, which led to capturing this not so shy seagull in Oban earlier in the year.....

IMG_4975 by A11FXM, on Flickr

Here are my besties of 2012.

duplicate post

Last edited:
One of many but best pose.

DSC_0105.jpg

Mine of a Harris Hawk about to land on my daughters glove, was on a falconry day out.

HarisHawk-1.jpg

dave

Last edited:
2012 was my first year at trying to get birds and I have to thank everyone on here for the guidance they gave me. Out of those worthy I think this is my favourite, this little fella attempting to fly quite early in his career!

babyrobintp.jpg

Purely because these can be evasive birds.

Lesser Whitethroat--Canon 40D-100-400mm IS. misty October morning.

lesser%2520whitethroat.jpg

2012 was my first year at trying to get birds and I have to thank everyone on here for the guidance they gave me. Out of those worthy I think this is my favourite, this little fella attempting to fly quite early in his career!

babyrobintp.jpg

Love the look of determination, it almost looks evil. :LOL:

Love the look of determination, it almost looks evil. :LOL:

Thx Andrew, that's what I loved about it too "I CAN do this!". Btw, I used to work in Chadderton, long long time ago.

There are some stunners here! I really want to join in this thread but haven't figured out how to upload photo's! blast

Heres one of mine

7081290777_f0f72e18e1_b.jpg

This will be my LIFETIME one as iI will never have access to such a quality lens as I did when I took this in the summer.
Thanks
Keith (y)
GillfachFemFly1a.jpg

One of the few sharper ones from hundreds of red kite photos taken over the last few months. I intend to at least rent a longer lens in the new year to catch them with more interesting backgrounds.

Back