Your Bird shot of 2012

My contribution,

Blackbird_Drinking_01.JPG

John

Great shot John - the detail is wonderful

i have taken a few i quite like.

i spent 3 years looking for this Kingfisher

JC7_4809RACHAEL2_zps719aad23.jpg

and i nearly fell of the cliff capturing this Puffin.

146ae6bf.jpg

Excellent images here, well impressed.

My fav' from this year,taken a few weeks back.

IMG_0042EDITAA.jpg

Hand held 70 -200 L f4 @ 1/500 , f8

First time out with that lens. Decided I needed a monopod so got one !

I haven't had much time to shoot birds this year. Here's a shot I managed to grab earlier when the sun wasn't hibernating.

A tern diving at Bough Beech, Kent
bif1_zps520ec387.jpg

Last edited:
Still far from something I am totally happy with as it needs a little more DOF but still pleased enough with it for now…

A Red Kite from my recent holiday to Scotland. The weather was sadly…. very Scottish! :)

AG0A1928resized.jpg

Only a humble Wheatear, but it reminds me of warmer weather!

IMG_4412_Wheatear-1.jpg

Thanks Amber (I hope you meant my pelican!)

First photo I have ever put on the forum

I wouldn't say it's my best bird photograph of the year but given how tricky I've found it getting a half decent shot of a Goldcrest, I think it's the one that pleased me most.

8277632463_e66ff37203_c.jpg

Tricky as usual, as there are a few to choose from... golden and white-tailed eagles from Mull, barn owls from Lincs and Norfolk and peregrines from Shropshire. But in terms of difficulty and end result, I guess this one comes out on top.

A hobby, going like a bat out of hell, almost skimming the surface of the flooded meadow in pursuit of dragonflies.

Hobby by Pete Walkden, on Flickr

Great birds to watch; a real challenge to photo. :)

Wasnt difficlt to choose what bird, but got so many good shots of him in 2012 im opting for this one I think.

8214223112_34b23d2501_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I've come down to two, but I honestly can't decide which is the favourite, so I'll leave it up to you!:shrug:

IMG_3738 by LYT4X, on Flickr

5D3_5408 by LYT4X, on Flickr

One of my favourites from last year. All keep up the good work this year.

7868291872_4081801c73_o.jpg

Last edited:
Taken so few shots this year - of anything really. Has to be this one from Bay Tree Owl Centre between Xmas and New Year (taken through the fencing with 70-300)

8323546984_fb8972a8a6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back