Your Bird shot of 2012

One of mine :)

IMG_2681bcontrastreducedbwarmer.jpg

The perfect pose for an Ltt Joe (y)

Thx Andrew, that's what I loved about it too "I CAN do this!". Btw, I used to work in Chadderton, long long time ago.

Really?
Its different isnt it? how does it compare to northants? :shake:

I have had a fantastic year for bird photography. I could very easily pick one of my Sparrowhawk images that i took at Alans`s hide as these are the ones i keep viewing on my pc however im going to post this redwing up due to the background, sharpness, colours etc-

Taken in early evening light in North Uist-

NiceRedwing_zps69b9ecb3.jpg

jc10626.jpg

Wow, some very talented people on here shooting birds.

Some fantastic shots on here.

This is mine, an Emu from Jurong Bird Park in Singapore, taken at the beginning of November.

IMG_7043e.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I've changed my mind and this shot is my favourite (although still not a patch on the majority of shots in the bird forum)

Rubbish background I know, but after months of trying this was the first day I got a few decent snaps of a heron flying. It was also the day I finally ordered a better lens, so one of the last shots with my cheap sigma :D

Some fantastic shots on here.

This is mine, an Emu from Jurong Bird Park in Singapore, taken at the beginning of November.

Love it!

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing shots - love them all :)
I am only a beginner but love getting birds as often as I can and today went out for my POTD and caught this Heron no more than 6ft away from me - I did have bread though so there was motive in his madness :LOL: This is one of my favourite shots of this year and have to admit I'm quite pleased with myself with it

261212 (1) by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I've not been active on TP for a very long time (I had an accident in 2011 and it stopped me taking many pictures for about 18 months) but I have managed to make a couple of trips this year. There's some great stuff on here and lots of names I don't recognise - which suggests I need to get more involved again.

Anyway, not sure this is my favourite overall image of the year but I do like the pose and I am trying a B&W conversion to try an limit the impact of the trees in the background (it has a slight selenium treatment to try and make it look cold - which it was!)

Anyway, this is a great grey owl hunting voles in the Finnish Arctic in March. No bait, just an owl doing what it does best.

IMG_6321-Edit-2.jpg

EOS-7D, EF500 f/4L IS, 1.4x extender, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley head

Thanks for looking

Paul

The B&W and slight selenium have made it a great shot Paul .... the detail is wonderful

I've not been active on TP for a very long time (I had an accident in 2011 and it stopped me taking many pictures for about 18 months) but I have managed to make a couple of trips this year. There's some great stuff on here and lots of names I don't recognise - which suggests I need to get more involved again.

Anyway, not sure this is my favourite overall image of the year but I do like the pose and I am trying a B&W conversion to try an limit the impact of the trees in the background (it has a slight selenium treatment to try and make it look cold - which it was!)

Anyway, this is a great grey owl hunting voles in the Finnish Arctic in March. No bait, just an owl doing what it does best.

IMG_6321-Edit-2.jpg

EOS-7D, EF500 f/4L IS, 1.4x extender, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley head

Thanks for looking

Paul
Fantastic shot Paul.... I'd be interested to see the colour version.

Back