Your Bird shot of 2012

Yes Im good thanks Trev, busy workingand trying to buy a house, but not had to sell any gear so thats all good lol. Want to try and get up the chase this weekend if I can, looked lovely today when i was walking home.

Hope you are good too pal

Yes Im good thanks Trev, busy workingand trying to buy a house, but not had to sell any gear so thats all good lol. Want to try and get up the chase this weekend if I can, looked lovely today when i was walking home.

Hope you are good too pal
We're good thanks, I sent you a PM (y)

8252045919_21dfc2e8ed_c.jpg
[/url] Local Waxwing by CORPY, on Flickr[/IMG]

I've not been active on TP for a very long time (I had an accident in 2011 and it stopped me taking many pictures for about 18 months) but I have managed to make a couple of trips this year. There's some great stuff on here and lots of names I don't recognise - which suggests I need to get more involved again.

Anyway, not sure this is my favourite overall image of the year but I do like the pose and I am trying a B&W conversion to try an limit the impact of the trees in the background (it has a slight selenium treatment to try and make it look cold - which it was!)

Anyway, this is a great grey owl hunting voles in the Finnish Arctic in March. No bait, just an owl doing what it does best.

IMG_6321-Edit-2.jpg

EOS-7D, EF500 f/4L IS, 1.4x extender, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley head

Thanks for looking

Paul

Great shot Paul, good to see you back on here!

A very hard choice, but I'd have to say I personally was most pleased by this Cape Sugarbird taken in Kirstenbosch, Cape Town at the end of last year.

Back