Your film stash

Yeah, that about covers it, having a 40 hour a week job besides photography, really tightens the screws too, heading in to Winter now, dark going to work in the morning, dark coming home at night, might as well put my lot in the loft..:puke:

The question was really about amassing so much film and knowing there is no time to shoot it, but hell, how much is too much ? as long as the fridge door actually shuts its all good imo..:LOL:

Yeah its kinda depressing going into winter now, still its a good opportunity to capture the autumn colours:).. if you can make the time to do so..

The only reason ive got so much is due to bulk buying to make it cheaper per roll or because they were on special...

unfortunately i dont keep my film in a fridge.. just in the cellar, im hoping its still okay though...

Heads up - 7dayshop.com has Velvia 50 35mm for under £3 a roll ATM... :love:

But will you get it before it goes out of date?

I placed an order for 10 x Kodak BW400 CN B&W, a lens cap and two neck straps on 28th August that still haven't arrived !! 4 Fuji superia 400 and another lens cap did after about a week. Doubt I will use them again they appear to be rubbish.

Doesn't really matter if it's slightly out of date - it goes straight in the fridge anyway.

I placed an order for 10 x Kodak BW400 CN B&W, a lens cap and two neck straps on 28th August that still haven't arrived !! 4 Fuji superia 400 and another lens cap did after about a week. Doubt I will use them again they appear to be rubbish.

Sounds like either your order didn't go through (login and check your order history on their site) or they're out of stock on those items. I've been in the same position before with them - slide sleeves out of stock for a few weeks and then I emailed them only to find out that they didn't see those sleeves arriving at all and they advised to buy something else... :bat:

Doesn't really matter if it's slightly out of date - it goes straight in the fridge anyway.

Sounds like either your order didn't go through (login and check your order history on their site) or they're out of stock on those items. I've been in the same position before with them - slide sleeves out of stock for a few weeks and then I emailed them only to find out that they didn't see those sleeves arriving at all and they advised to buy something else... :bat:

They sent part of the order but not the rest. Looks like it is out of stock but whats the point in having something on special offer if you don't have any!

5186_228245640025_740735025_7494982_4262113_n.jpg

Yummmmmm

I took a big order with them ordering out of stock items they sent them all bit by bit over the period of about a month as they came back in stock

I tend to split my order with 7day - put all the in-stock items in one, and a separate order for each out-of-stock item. So far it's worked pretty well.

is there any benefit from using film over a digital SLR

The opportunity to buy first class equipment you could only dream about owning a few years ago.

No need to spend a fortune on new gear every two or three years and then to try to convince yourself it was money well spent.

Steve.

not 100% about sharpness but that might be the way I manually focus

oh and I'm gonna have to order some more colour slide from 7dayshop now D'oh

stash piccies to follow when I go downstairs

Well i've been told to wait 15 working days and contact the royal mail office.

I know theres a strike on but looks like I'm screwed then.

Bah I think this is the last time I'll use them then. Their lack of decent delivery option makes them useless tbh

Fairly Minimal by the standards on here...

(includes a few rolls of the cheap Velvia mentioned above... not counting the 2 rolls at t processors ATM :LOL:)

ive had the same..

7dayshop reply - 23/09/2009 - 09:55
Please allow up to 15 working days for your order to be delivered from dispatch, if after this time you still have not received your order, you will need to contact your local royal mail sorting office as we have experience to show that Royal Mail do not always contact our customers when they have goods waiting to picked up. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

looks like 100 quid down the pan

ive had the same..

Please allow up to 15 working days for your order to be delivered from dispatch, if after this time you still have not received your order, you will need to contact your local royal mail sorting office as we have experience to show that Royal Mail do not always contact our customers when they have goods waiting to picked up. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I placed my order a month ago and they still haven't dispatched it yet!

I sent them a snotty email and their response was basically - Just cancel the order then!

will get a picture up soon I got like 40 rolls of APS film, fuji, kodak, some B&W just never use it. Kept getting loads when using APS, fearing it would be ceased! I've got the cameras just quite pricey to d&p. Not in a fridge....

I have like 40 rolls of APS film, fuji, kodak some b&w, just never use. Kept stockpiling it when I used APS, fearing the day when production would be ceased, but of course it keeps on going and I move to digital!!! I would use it. just the d&p is quite pricey. Not in a frisge though...

sorry posted once, it vanished, posted again both appeared!

ive had the same..

Ah you got the same message, Seems like automated crap to me,

RM usually return to sender anyways after 15 days so no point in going to the depot after 15 days. Argh what a nightmare

I actually ordered a DVD from play near enough the same day, and that hasnt turned up, so i think every parcel that went through royal mail has gone walkies:p... ive had an item few months ago from play go missing, but least play auto send out again after 21 days once reported,... anyone know the policy of 7dayshop..

I actually ordered a DVD from play near enough the same day, and that hasnt turned up, so i think every parcel that went through royal mail has gone walkies:p... ive had an item few months ago from play go missing, but least play auto send out again after 21 days once reported,... anyone know the policy of 7dayshop..

I think it might be worth getting in touch. On their website they say missing items should be reported in 14 days and then they ask you to wait

edit/ i know its not their fault RM are on strike but it will be interesting to see if the CS is any good and sort it out promptly. Initial reply isn't looking promising...

4497259633_b6649069e0.jpg

A load of extra film to fill the fridge courtesy of CeeJay (this doesn't include the ice cream tub full of colour stuff). Will hopefully make a bit of a dent in the Neopan this weekend.

Right now I've got:
35mm - 10 x Fomapan 400, 1 x Fuji Acros, 1 x Ilford SFX, 1 x Kodak HIE, 1 x Ilford HP5
120 - 5 x Fuji PRO400H, 2 x Provia 400X, 2 x Ilford delta 3200, 1 x Ilford Pan F, 1 x Velvia 100
Polaroid - 3 x what I suspect are Spectra 1200 integrated cartridges (free to whoever wants them)
Paper - 80 x Ilfospeed 5.5x3.5", 80 x Kentmere VC Select 8x10", 10 x Ilfospeed 12x16 and 10 x Multigrade 16x20"

apx 100 & 400/ hp5+/ fp4/ delta 3200/ neopan 400/ ektar 100/ portra 160vc/ superia x-tra

still need more...

dsc6543.jpg

EDIT:
got some more film > bulk =FP4(200ft), RR 100, 1xJessops Pan 100S(30ft) & 2xPan 400SX(30ft). Will get some photos up soon.

My realtively small stash! I really should get round to using that Kodachrome.

img3352t.jpg

What a thread resurrection !

I have a bit more film now :)

Back