Your old film cameras

old_cameras.jpg
:woot:

pics, or it never happened:LOL:

I've never seen a 645 with bellows

It looks like some kind of prehistoric filter holder actually lol.

0085_3.jpg

Still threatening to put some film in this......Though when it comes to film I am a total NOOB, digital boy is me :)

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

pics, or it never happened:LOL:

I've never seen a 645 with bellows

It looks like some kind of prehistoric filter holder actually lol.

0085_3.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's a bellows lens hood which would have slots for filters.

FleaMktToyCamera01.jpg

Still crack out this bad boy from time to time :D

My first was an Olympus OM20, still use it actually.

51412130.99984.olympus.omg.jpg

CT I'll give you coolest but no way are you getting sexyest!

I'll bung all my old cameras in a pile and take a shot of them later.

Last one from me
I laughed my head off when i saw this on the shelf:LOL:
No pp was used on this photo:)

2307931982_e414759d58_o.jpg

Hey great to see another Fuji owner on TP - even if you don't use it these days. I still love my 3-year-old S3 Pro - it's a great portrait camera but sadly showing it's age a bit compared with the latest generation of Nikons. Play back is really slow and it can't cope with RAW+jpeg, which I'd fine really handy. But ... it feels great in my hands and I love it to bits. Ahhhhhh :love:

Here's mine a Fed 2. Currently has a film in it, but not much use.

russian-camera.jpg

All my cameras I have had for more than twenty years, I couldn't find find sufficient reason that made economic sense to replace them , profession photography is about building your bank balance, not your muscles lugging more gear about.
I'm now retired and am happy with my "old" cameras, because I am so familiar with them I can use them without thinking, and it's not about the equipment, it's about results.

Some interesting stuff coming out of the lofts here.(y)

Sorry Steep but the undisputed coolest camera ever just has to be...

bullseye.jpg

God, how I used to dribble over these in the mags when I were a lad! :D
Me too, when I was a lad, but I never owned one,the lenses were legendary, and this lens is probably better than any standard lens you own , It's a shame not to use it, as far as I remember the Contarex system had interchangeable backs and was a top pro. camera at the time.

Beautiful cameras. I used to collect them, but gave up on it.
Best I had was a Voigtlander. Cannot remember the model, but it was not bellows etc, and was beautiful. One of the rarer ones as I got a fair bit for it.

Schoolboy stuff -

Practica.jpg

First SLR

Canon-AE-1.jpg

Good for learning the basics though I suppose.

Cheers,

Neil

I was given this Minolta X300 a while ago buy a friend who found it in their loft. I've used it once and got some really nice results with it :D

X300%20lo%20res.jpg

X300%20front%20lo%20res.jpg

X300%20+%20zoom%20lo%20res.jpg

Still got one of these kicking around somewhere, not used for years:
yashica_electro_35.jpg

I sometimes use this, not very interesting though:

2694738.elan7_front_blk.jpg

Decided to delve into the darkslide.... :)

Paid a visit to Mr Cad in Croydon to pick up this little number - Bronica ETRS and two fistfuls of Ilford Delta 100 and Fuji Reala 100. Still getting to grips with all the bits and pieces on the camera and trying to work out how the separate light meter works. Might test it out tomorrow if the weather is good...

2786927077_cc2404ee40_o.jpg

xa2
2758778857_11d73a4996.jpg

minolta xd7
2754076764_185708fafd.jpg

canon a1
2489664893_caf493de16.jpg

holga
2499846292_d13d6b9c87.jpg

still got many more I want... atleast i'm not like this with digital :LOL:

The thing is, while you are allhauling out your old film cameras....do you notice just how much lighter they are than modern camerasof the same kind of calibre?

The OM1and OM2 for instance...they were so handy and light and just worked beautifully. I used to use Olympus before they decided to drop their pro support whichis when I swapped over to the yellow and black, waspish lot. Even their old cameras are so much lighter...the FE2 is still with me and has the titanium spark eroded shutter blades. First camera to have a 1/250th flash synch (back in 1981) and a top shutter speed of 1/4000th - pretty hot back then.

Back