Yup, I'm back again!

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all!

After shooting birdies and such like over the winter, I really needed to get out and shoot some cars again!

So today I popped over to Silverstone for a BARC meeting. Some excellent races – I particularly enjoyed the BMWs and the Citroen 2CVs!

Here are a couple of pics:

DSC_8219-01.jpg

2. Sideways Maestro action!
DSC_8098-01.jpg

3. It were wet!
DSC_8252-01.jpg

DSC_8327-01.jpg

DSC_8463-01.jpg

Hey Joe ... :wave: ...

You may be just getting to grips with the birds and still need a bit of practice ... ;) ... but you are pretty damn good with the cars m8 ... (y)

That is an impressive set of auto images ... :clap:

Welcome back ... :D

:p

All brill photos IMO

what was your set-up/ISO etc etc when taking these?

Hey Joe ... :wave: ...

You may be just getting to grips with the birds and still need a bit of practice ... ;) ... but you are pretty damn good with the cars m8 ... (y)

That is an impressive set of auto images ... :clap:

Welcome back ... :D

:p
Cheers! :D
All brill photos IMO

what was your set-up/ISO etc etc when taking these?
Kit was:

D200
Sigma 120-300 2.8
Black bin bag - to keep lens and camera dry - borrowed from a fellow tog - thanks!
Shutter speeds between 1/125 and 1/200th
ISO 100-200
Aperture priority
Focal lengths between 250 and 300 I think.

HTH :)

Ahhh.....back on familar ground there Joe!! Those 2CV's look ace - I think they're my favourites of the set!

Excellent set there Joe :clap:
I wish I could pan on the birds that good. :(
All really sharp (y)

Ahhh.....back on familar ground there Joe!! Those 2CV's look ace - I think they're my favourites of the set!
Cheers!
Excellent set there Joe :clap:
I wish I could pan on the birds that good. :(
All really sharp (y)
Thanks!
Cars are easier than birds - their are so much bigger! And they are usually more predictable too! :)

Did you use the gimbal head Joe?

Just wondered. I'd probably opt for hand held I think as long as the lens wasn't too big.

You sure are Joe (y)

I love the Squeely's

Wow amazing set of shots. Really good panning. Would like to see 5 and 6 in B&w just to see if it adds anything to an already amazing picture.

Nice set there Joe (y) Back in your comfort zone :LOL:

Tremendous shots Joe in rubbish weather and light !
I think track racing is very hard to portray well,and I think you have really succeeded.
Hats off to you,
Pons

Very, very good set Joe. Pin sharp in all the right places, lovely rich colours, excellent composition in all of them, particularly good as they're uncropped (y)

Yeah very nice, Silverstone isnt the easiest places either.

120-300 2.8 is too heavy to handhold for very long I find. My hand start shaking after a while - which isnt good!

You must be turning into an old fart Joe... last year at Duxford I hand held the Canon 500mm all day
and believe me I was naccered!!!

back on topic
some great panning shots in this series
cheers Chris

aye, good set, lovely in fact :)

Back