weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Hi Yvette

I like that shot, nothing wrong in a negative theme. The light really makes it and the look in his eye (Which is sharp) is determined.
Good call to make it B&W as well.

Pete

Hi Yevette really like your Leopard shot as others have said the eye is perfectly sharp.

Cake looks great.

Sharp - really nice dramatic shot.
Food - I like your cake composition.

Week 46 ; Narrow!

Narrow 2.JPG

Taken a while ago, whilst on a narrow boat holiday along the Llangollen Canal. This is the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Quite an experience!

Fab shot for Narrow. Not seen many from that angle. It's a bum twitcher the first time you walk across :)

Hi Yvette,
Digital Age - I think my collection of random old IT sprawls more than that. Bang on for the theme :)
Snappers - Nicely captured complimentary colours. Impressive to still have them about at this time of year !
Narrow - It aqueducts like that, that gave me my fear of heights. I was fine (parachuting, abseiling etc.) until I went across one aqueduct too many on a narrow boat. I tend to get off and walk now.

Narrow... eeekk.. same as already said. Wouldn't fancy either mode of transport!

Week 47 : Paper

Paper.JPG

Taken in South Africa a while ago. Very happy to be photographed after I'd bought something!

paper - this is a fabulous image. I love her expression and the B&W suits it really well.

camera - very nice - enjoy it! I like that you've included the box and bubble wrap so it tells a story.

paper - this is a fabulous image. I love her expression and the B&W suits it really well.

camera - very nice - enjoy it! I like that you've included the box and bubble wrap so it tells a story.

Thank you, it arrived in time for last week’s theme!

Nice leading lines in the stream, but feels a little constrained at the top for me. Looks like you had/have done nice colours there!

Hi Yvette,
Abstract - Liking the colours captured there. No idea what it was without reading your update.
Leaves - Interesting. I think there is a better composition hiding in that shot.
Possibly lining yourself up with either the line of trees, or the waterway to give a straight line through the shot? Dunno, what do you think?

Hi Yvette,
Abstract - Liking the colours captured there. No idea what it was without reading your update.
Leaves - Interesting. I think there is a better composition hiding in that shot.
Possibly lining yourself up with either the line of trees, or the waterway to give a straight line through the shot? Dunno, what do you think?

Hi, sorry about the delay in replying. I had a few shots, and I chose that one because I liked the light on the trees. The sky isn't as bright as the one I am attaching below, which was one reason for the crop on the original post. I didn't choose the one below because it draws attention to the water, and I felt the highlights on that were distracting.

Autumn Colours-12 2.JPG

Week 51 Showcase

Essex Cemetry.JPG

Taken in Ypres in March, just before the first Lockdown. When searching for something for the theme this week, I was reminded how inactive photographically I have been this year. People are my thing, and just getting amongst it has been tricky this year.

Back