weekly Snorton's 52 2012 - WEEK 14-17 ADDED OPERATION CATCH UP

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
My aim this time is to last longer than last year. Strap me in for the ride :wacky::wacky:

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 : Fear
Week 3 : Sigh
Week 4 : Sweet
Week 5 : Secure
Week 6 : Industry
Week 7 : Root
Week 8 : Homemade
Week 9 : Money
Week 10 : Win
Week 11 : Shiny
Week 12 : Magical
Week 13 : Vice
Week 14 : Entrance
Week 15 : Soft
Week 16 : Pride
Week 17 : Short
Week 18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Right here we go, week 1, Direction.

This is my personal take on the theme, as it demonstrates the direction my lifestyle has changed since last year. Being a big lover of curries, I'm now making from scratch my own healthy curries, and for once making food in the kitchen that doesn't go ping!!!!

6623727583_8d89fac498_b.jpg

michael23 said:
I can smell it now!! Like the pic, good use of dof on the writing.I find my self wondering if it would be better with the knife turned over the other way, so the blade is facing downwards?

Yeah I'm now wondering about the knife too. Thanks for your comments :)

I like the colours in this makes a change from stark white of the page a silver knife , nice crisp shot.

Cheers

Steve

Nice start and I like the idea. A small niggle is the black line across the edge of the blade. Maybe angling the light would have brightened this.

Thanks for the comments so far guys, really appreciated. I had been struggling for ideas on this, especially as the ones I did have had already been done, and this came to me last night. Such a simple set up too, just the one light in the kitchen, from the hob cover.

Good interpretation of the theme nicely shot. Can't get my head around the knife though and I'm not sure it adds anything to the content of the shot to be honest. Good start :)

Will agree with the comments on the knife but I do like the shadow it creates, Excellent use of DOF

Yum!! Nice idea (y)

I agree about the knife now reading the comments, the power of suggestion!

Despite it looking awful hope it tasted nice :)

That's what I like about posting shots on here, you get new ideas and suggestions and will definitely looking at this one again when a reshoot comes out.

Yes it certainly tasted better than it looked on the plate :LOL:

Good interpretation of the theme nicely shot. Can't get my head around the knife though and I'm not sure it adds anything to the content of the shot to be honest. Good start :)

Now I could say that I included the knife to add to the story of making a curry from scratch.....but to be honest (and here's where I'm busted) I included the knife to hold down the page to get the lighting right for the shot :D:D;)

I wasn't sure about the knife after I took it, but the more I look at it, the more I now think it adds to the pic.

Great start to your project Simon :clap:

Like the color,use of DOF & inclusion of the knife...simple idea but well shot , especially the lighting....as others have said....knife turned the other way or , if you can , lose it...always time for a reshoot if you fancy it (y)

Great start , look forward to seeing your next 51 weeks :)

Rolyratman said:
Like the colours, lighting and DOF but have to agree with the others about the knife.

Great start, 51 to go :)

Lol...oooo cheers for reminding me only 51 to go hehehehe ;)

I'm actually really looking forward to it this year, and feeling confident I'll improve and learn so much too. Wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it last year, but now have the bit between my teeth :)

Here's my entry for week 2....FEAR.

Firstly this is an old pic, and it does go against my own principles to post an old pic, but unfortunately work this week has so far allowed me no time to get out. I do have a cracking idea and picture in mind for this theme, and will take some courage to get the picture done (if I get chance to take the picture you will understand the courage aspect :police:). If I don't get chance before Saturday to take it I'm going to save the idea for a re-shoot week :D.

So for the time being this is my entry for this week's theme

5686405105_50202957ea_b.jpg

This depicts the fear my postman has everytime he delivers as my little jack russel is waiting behind the door to take the post out of his hand :naughty:.

Everyday at the same time she knows when he's coming and sits patiently behind the door. In the picture she's looking to the right of the door, that is because of the route the postie takes everyday to out door :nuts:. Maybe one day he'll try and fool her and take a different route :wacky:.

*Sarah* said:
A good take on this weeks theme. It could onlybe improved by getting a picture with the postman behind the door!!

Hahaha I would've done but there's no shutter speed fast enough to catch him when he gets to the front door ;). Plus the dog wouldn't be sat there placid hehehe.

I too have set myself an unwritten rule of trying to post a new shot each week but sometimes It's not possible.

I like number two but having seen the picture before I read your description I had used my own thoughts for fear and I thought you were trying to get the fear the dog might feel if no-one came home for him.

Works well for your idea too but as said could use a prop of some sort.

Back