weekly A Note for the 2012 52er's re: Titles

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I noticed that many of last years 52er's edit the title of their thread when the post each weeks picture and have noticed that some of the early starters in this years Photo 52 haven't done this.

May I suggest that you are more likely to get support / critique / comments if you ensure you edit your post to let everyone know when you've posted your chosen theme?

If you're not sure how to do this all you have to do is.

1. Click on your own Photo 52 thread.

2. Click on the
edit.gif
button at the bottom of your initial post.

3. Click on the "Go Advanced" button (on the bottom right).

4. Now you are presented with a window which included your title, all you have to do now is add something along the lines of

Week 1 "Direction" added.

5. Click Save and you're done.

thanks, haven't posted mine yet, but will change when i do, can i ask another question, looking through last years everybody seemed to link to the post for each week in the first post, how do you do this?? Thanks Liz

Good tip, I have read about changing titles but as this is the first time i've attempted a challenge I was lost.

Have done so now and will continue,

Thanks

thanks, haven't posted mine yet, but will change when i do, can i ask another question, looking through last years everybody seemed to link to the post for each week in the first post, how do you do this?? Thanks Liz

Each post has a number, top right corner. If you click on this you get another window open with a link that can be used. I think thats how you do it.

.....looking through last years everybody seemed to link to the post for each week in the first post, how do you do this?? Thanks Liz

Basically follow the same steps up to Step 4 where you have the window that will allow you to change the title.

In this window you also can now edit the post itself.

In the post you can either add the line

Week 1 : Direction and then link to your posted image

or cut and paste the below complete week index into your message and then add each theme and the link to the picture you've posted.

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 :
Week 3 :
Week 4 :
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

To link to your posted image you need to have posted it in your thread first of all.
Then you need to copy the url to that particular posting.

To do this you will see a post number on the right of the screen you have posted the message on e.g. #4 or #77

Now right click on that and you should get an option such as "Copy url" or "Copy Link Address"

Now you need to go back to your index e.g. Week 1: Directions in your edit window and beside it simply paste that link beside it, so for example

Week 1: Directions http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4285182&postcount=1

I've used the first message in this thread for the link above though and if you click on it you will find that it will open in a new window with only that message.

Hope that makes sense.

If you're more familiar with the forum and it's workings theres other ways to do it that are a little fancier but this does the job simply :)

Basically follow the same steps up to Step 4 where you have the window that will allow you to change the title.

or cut and paste the below complete week index into your message and then add each theme and the link to the picture you've posted.

Week 2 :
Week 3 :
Week 4 :
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

To link to your posted image you need to have posted it in your thread first of all.

To do this you will see a post number on the right of the screen you have posted the message on e.g. #4 or #77

Now right click on that and you should get an option such as "Copy url" or "Copy Link Address"

Now you need to go back to your index e.g. Week 1: Directions in your edit window and beside it simply paste that link beside it, so for example

Week 1: Directions http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4285182&postcount=1

I've used the first message in this thread for the link above though and if you click on it you will find that it will open in a new window with only that message.

Hope that makes sense.

If you're more familiar with the forum and it's workings theres other ways to do it that are a little fancier but this does the job simply :)

Thanks yes makes perfect sense:)

Week 2 :
Week 3 :
Week 4 :
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Hope that makes sense.

There is a slightly easier and nicer way of doing this, ie you don't open a new window.

Post your image as you would, but make a note of the post number in the URL line, then enter the following, but starting with a [ and replacing the ##### with the post number from the URL

Post=#####]Week 1 - Delicate[/post]

You should then end up with a progressive list of links to each photo in your thread, it looks like this, which is my 2011 52. I always found it easy to see every ones photo when they did this.

Unfortunately due to the behaviour of a select few individuals you will not be able to edit post's after about a month so will not be possible for the foreseeable future

See THIS thread for more information

There will still be a way to edit your title, when in the projects, personal challenges and themes section where you have the list of threads, click or double click on the blank space to the right hand side of your thread title and page numbers, this will allow your title text box to be edited, just hit enter to save the changes

mine lets me edit the title but doesn't change it :( this could be awkward as I usually skim through the titles to know where to look :LOL:

I've flagged it up in the staffroom, but I think it's going to be one for Marcel to look at next time he's on line.
As far as I know the editing deadline had been extended to more than 6 months - unless somebody's changed it back again :thinking:

Thank you.

I emailed in last night, Cobra sent me a message back saying it had changed due to some members messing around. He said I can send the title change to him and he'll do it but there is 26 weeks left. I am sure he does not want me pestering him each week....or maybe he does :LOL:

If it cant be changed we'll have to start an 'Update' thread. When you have updated post in there with a link or something and people can work through that. Might be good to setup a sub to that thread and get a daily summary.

I was thinking about an update thread; post ONLY links to your submissions and edits in there. I actually think that would be far easier anyway, and is simillar to something I suggested towards the beginning.

Perhaps Sarah could make it a sticky?

I agree, Cobra doesn't want 20 something of us emailing him for the next 26 weeks (and beyond?)!

I was thinking about an update thread; post ONLY links to your submissions and edits in there. I actually think that would be far easier anyway, and is simillar to something I suggested towards the beginning.

Perhaps Sarah could make it a sticky?

I agree, Cobra doesn't want 20 something of us emailing him for the next 26 weeks (and beyond?)!

I think its going to be the best alternative. We'll see what Sarah comes back with but we have a plan! (y)

or we could just update the spreadsheet and use that?

Spreadsheet's good, but it's more difficult for those accessing from a phone, and it doesn't allow for edits etc. I think an update thread is much better.

mine still not working :-(

Back