2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Cheers Andy and Peter. You are both right of course. Problem is that went to Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey last night and for a game that has a plying time of 60 minutes they make the evening stretch to nearly 3 hours. But it was great experience. Other trouble is that my lot don't understand that 'it's the light stupid' and like to snap in the midday sun. They already think that I am bonkers contemplating going on the 745pm boat to the islands and returning on the same one just to get a shot of the skyline at night.

Spent 4 weeks in Canada last year 2 of which we spent in Toronto, its a great place to be and the people are friendly. We went to the island but it was too bright for a skyline photograph when we were there in June. Have a great time, off back to sleep 5.30 here in not so sunny, windy Scotland and before you all say "Sunrise" it overcast and cloudy, I've just checked! Lol

On the subject, can we have a kite related theme as we're doing a display on Sunday. Anybody near Heath, just outside Wakefield, is very welcome to come with your camera and take some colourful shots at the festival. If you spot somebody looking like the dodgy character in my avatar please pop over and give me a shout. I can get you even closer to the action. (y)

Hi Peter do you have a post code for the event?

@michael23 - I really hope you didn't come over. Whilst it was a lovely day Sun wise, there was no wind. We sat there all day and hoped but nothing came which was a great shame for the organisers and public :(

No, we didn't get, ended up visiting barrow hill round house, as we were quite tired after yesterday. A shame it didn't play ball for you all,

Hello all.
I am just checking in to apologise as I have been totally AWOL from the challenge for quite a while now.

I'm really sorry to have just disappeared...I've been checking in but just not had the time to continue with things. So officially I'm bowing out for this year.

I may well still come back and work through the themes but strictly speaking it won't be my 2014 52.

I hope you are all still having fun and I going to try and catch up on what everyone has been posting soon...ish!

Cheers
Chris

Hello all.
I am just checking in to apologise as I have been totally AWOL from the challenge for quite a while now.

I'm really sorry to have just disappeared...I've been checking in but just not had the time to continue with things. So officially I'm bowing out for this year.

I may well still come back and work through the themes but strictly speaking it won't be my 2014 52.

I hope you are all still having fun and I going to try and catch up on what everyone has been posting soon...ish!

Cheers
Chris

Shame, Chris, I'm sure we'll see your photoghraphs on here, though (y)

Cheers.

Shame, Chris, I'm sure we'll see your photoghraphs on here, though (y)

Cheers.
Agree here... Last year was a good one for you on the 52 Chris, shame to lose you... catch you about the forum still hopefully (y)

For all those secretly wishing... unlucky I'm still here :D

I have got a couple of shots in the bag hopefully from the TP Norfolk Broads meet on Saturday... I have my Dark shot planned for tomorrow <fingers crossed> I just need to get home early enough to take the pic and do some editing/posting :)

Must dash... time for Coffee & Cake :coffee: :exit:

Friday soon and I think the theme is going to be another good one.

I have the afternoon off work so am hoping for a quick post by Sarah :banana:

We are officially 75% there.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I'm pretty good thanks, I'm just back from Malaysia ( I went there on purpose and not by accident in the Balloon :D ) Anyway, while I was there I actually did some photography! :woot: It's a Long story, But I thought about you lot and I thought I'd like to check in and say hi. All the '52s are looking good and I'm glad the themes got more interesting :D

Now that I have all the "busy" bits of my year out of the way, I could do with some photo inspiration? got any ideas for a project? :naughty:

Hello Brian, :wave:, Malaysia sounds like a good place to have been.

Hmmmm.. A photo project eh?? How about finishing your etc? Or I'm sure no one would object if you snuck quietly in here and saw the year out with us.

Colours?, red orange yellow green blue, two shades/ variations of each, plus black, and white to make 12

Friday soon and I think the theme is going to be another good one.

I have the afternoon off work so am hoping for a quick post by Sarah :banana:

We are officially 75% there.

Cheers.
Half day Friday... christ I remember them back in the 90's if I recall correctly !!!

Hiya Graham, good idea, see you there :)

Hiya Dean, I finish at 12 every Friday... :D
Really... crap I need to get a life then :crying:

You got a thread from your trip then mate ?? would love to go there, need some inspiration for when I go :)

Hi folks... been away all week and work is delightfully manic, so no chance to post or comment on others' photos - I apologise for that.

I'm going to be one week behind as I'm not going to have a chance to shoot a submission for Big and I'd rather take a thought-out shot than something that just happens to fit. Looking forward to seeing what next week's theme is as well, though - I'll be doing a double catch up week.

I'm away for a long weekend this weekend and where we're going has no wifi or 3g which will be quite nice for a change... but I might get some photo opportunities as we'll be in the Yorkshire Dales. And I think the weather is looking suitable "Bronte" in outlook :(

Have a / hope you had a good weekend Paul, I love the yokshire dales, would have gone there this year but the round trip taking in Snowdon as well was a bit too far.

Cut was a good one last year, having it again means i have to have another idea.. I normally only get one per theme

Time does seem to slip past you peter if you don't keep up. I don't have a big idea yet and might have to resort to a joker, anything to make it through to the end.

Nice theme Sarah :)

mmmm 4 weeks to catch up on now and loads of commenting from the last 1-2 weeks - sorry folks I need to pull my finger out.
Don't let it get to you mate... as and when

Paul - Have a great break, and keep away from the net for a few days !!!!

Last edited:
mmmm 4 weeks to catch up on now and loads of commenting from the last 1-2 weeks - sorry folks I need to pull my finger out.

That makes 2 of us, I'm a but a bit caught up with 127 and 35mm film at the moment. Will get it all sorted before holidays next week........I hope!

Hi from the Big Apple. Trip nearly over, one and a half days to go. Eaten too much, drunk too much, big diet to come home to! Too busy to comment on a small tablet so much to catch up on. Still should have communication, fall, dark and BIG on the SD cards. Cut is initially perplexing for here but another day so who knows. I know it is 3.20 in morning there so sleep tight all.

Back