52 From Baloo 23.

Week 14 Smooth

Smooth-1.jpg

That's smooth, and the b&w conversion is great. Love the curve finishing up in the corner. Don't think I'd have been able to resist having the start of the transition in the bottom left. Good attention to detail having the holes all perfectly aligned.

An interesting take on the theme, its an object most of us would walk past without paying much attention to.

Nicely balanced composition with a good dof to hide what is probably a distracting background.

That's smooth, and the b&w conversion is great. Love the curve finishing up in the corner. Don't think I'd have been able to resist having the start of the transition in the bottom left. Good attention to detail having the holes all perfectly aligned.

An interesting take on the theme, its an object most of us would walk past without paying much attention to.

Nicely composed and shot Roger. The B&W works well.

Hmm, what is it Roger? I thought it was an old train carriage window at first, but it's not.
Another tight close-up which I often find makes for the most interesting of images.

Nicely balanced composition with a good dof to hide what is probably a distracting background.
Thank you all for your comments, will be catching up with my commenting this week, Tim it is a skateboard ramp!

Week 15 Snappers choice which I am calling "left hand down a bit!"

Snappers Choice-1.jpg

Good take on the theme Roger, lovely colourful shot.
Thanks Dave I love this beach with the different coloured rocks and its only a few minutes drive away.

Full - I'm hoping you were zooming into that scene and not getting drenched, well timed shot.

Pattern - I like how I can different elements in each of the sections.

Tunnel - The path takes me nicely through the scene, great combination of colours.

Spring - The tones work well together but on my iPad it does appear a bit too saturated.

Smooth - Well spotted, and an interesting take on the theme.

Snappers Choice - It almost amazes how much power a tug boat can generate. The contrast between the size of the ships is striking.

Connected - A great range of colours throughout the image.

The colours is what makes that! Is it just different coloured seaweed?

Nice touch with the splash of the wave popping up. :)

Snappers - great shot - you were definitely lucky on timing
Connected - agree with the others, the colours are wonderful.

Full - I'm hoping you were zooming into that scene and not getting drenched, well timed shot.

Pattern - I like how I can different elements in each of the sections.

Tunnel - The path takes me nicely through the scene, great combination of colours.

Spring - The tones work well together but on my iPad it does appear a bit too saturated.

Smooth - Well spotted, and an interesting take on the theme.

Snappers Choice - It almost amazes how much power a tug boat can generate. The contrast between the size of the ships is striking.

Connected - A great range of colours throughout the image.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on all the pictures Stuart. With regards the saturation in spring, my next big photography purchase is a PC with a calibrated monitor. I am using a mid spec laptop and I think the screen is a bit dull and off on colours.
Fab colours!
Thanks Simon, it really is a great beach with the fascinating coloured rocks
I like the range of colour, from green to purple, in the shot Roger.
Thanks Tim.
The colours is what makes that! Is it just different coloured seaweed?

Nice touch with the splash of the wave popping up. :)
They are all different coloured rocks, well worth a visit if you are ever down in Cornwall.
I agree about the colours interesting processing
Thanks Allan, the only processing I did was to darken the sky a bit.
Snappers - great shot - you were definitely lucky on timing
Connected - agree with the others, the colours are wonderful.
Thanks Helen always appreciate your comments.

Week 17 Liquid.

Liquid-1.jpg

A lot of liquid there Roger. Good framing and the right shutter speed to give a sense of the power and motion of the waves.

A lot of liquid there Roger. Good framing and the right shutter speed to give a sense of the power and motion of the waves.
Thanks Pete I can sit and watch the waves for hours when they are like this.

Fab shot Roger - lovely colours!

Now I wamt to go swimming

Lovely picture you’ve captured the crashing of the waves really well.
Thanks the place is called Chapel Porth well worth a visit if you are ever in Cornwall
Great colours for connected and liquid
Thanks Keith I was lucky with the light on both occasions.

I miss living by the sea, like you Roger I could spend hours watching it on rough days though I have to say the Irish Sea is not quite the same colour.

I miss living by the sea, like you Roger I could spend hours watching it on rough days though I have to say the Irish Sea is not quite the same colour.
When I was a kid that was all I wanted out of life, to live by the sea!

Last edited:
Lovely! I love the colours in this and the movement of the waves is fantastic.

Lovely! I love the colours in this and the movement of the waves is fantastic.
Thanks Jim it really is a lovely beach for wave watching!

Back