52 From Dark Star - 52/52 Texture :) (Phew!)

I had that song in my head too...

I really like this - it's got a lovely light feeling to it. The food looks scrummy and the DOF for the newspaper is spot on. The only thing that is bothering me is the place mat - it looks like it's hiding a lovely wodden table underneath that would have made for a less busy / colouful background.

Hows this DS :)

Different croissant, strawberries and coffee :) They all went after the first session :)

3758603398_172065ef7b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Spot on!! :clap::clap:

I have one more question... can I come round your's next sunday morning? Sunday mornings in our house aren't quite as classy!! :D

Spot on!! :clap::clap:

I have one more question... can I come round your's next sunday morning? Sunday mornings in our house aren't quite as classy!! :D

You're more than welcome Fi, bring that JD :D!!!

(and this is of course a set up ;) Marmite on toast and coffee in a mug normally :D)

Sarah - nearly forgot to answer - I bought some square felt sheets from a craft shot and moved in close :) Perhaps a touch of saturation as well :)

Noted and stored away for potential future use ;)

I really like your take on easy, it looks such a simple, natural shot too - although I'm sure that in reality a lot of effort went into it.
The second one works better for me without the placemat in shot and I prefer the coffee cup and newspaper being slightly more in focus.

The only problem is that it's making me hungry . . . I think there are some strawberries in the fridge actually . . . and clotted cream icecream in the freezer too . . . Mmmmmmm . . . sorry I'm getting distracted now :)

more food, and you stole my idea and did it much better than i could of :(

Tbh the pic says it all excellent pic (y)

Hehehe - I've also had this song buzzing round in my head but didn't manage to translate it into a picture.

I love your interpretation - just how ALL morning should be, imo - why wait for Sunday? :D I prefer the second shot without the placemat - the table looks really good, and the strawberries are more prominent. Num, num, :)

Excellent take on the theme, John :clap::clap::clap:

btw - is the Observer a subtle comment on the viewer of the photograph?

Jean

Both pics are great. What I like most about them is the variance of colours that you don't initially see. Works really well for me.

:clap: superb take John, and a lovely shot too. Second shot for me too.

Noted and stored away for potential future use

I really like your take on easy, it looks such a simple, natural shot too - although I'm sure that in reality a lot of effort went into it.
The second one works better for me without the placemat in shot and I prefer the coffee cup and newspaper being slightly more in focus.

The only problem is that it's making me hungry . . . I think there are some strawberries in the fridge actually . . . and clotted cream icecream in the freezer too . . . Mmmmmmm . . . sorry I'm getting distracted now

Thanks Sarah the second version was harder than the first as I had to replicate my shot in every aspect as it had all been tidied up and eaten :)

more food, and you stole my idea and did it much better than i could of

Tbh the pic says it all excellent pic (y)

Aww sorry Ruth :) and thanks :)

Hehehe - I've also had this song buzzing round in my head but didn't manage to translate it into a picture.

I love your interpretation - just how ALL morning should be, imo - why wait for Sunday? I prefer the second shot without the placemat - the table looks really good, and the strawberries are more prominent. Num, num, :)

Excellent take on the theme, John

btw - is the Observer a subtle comment on the viewer of the photograph?

Jean

Ahh its funny I kinda had a vision of how it'd look and worked to that - I was going to include a cafetiere but that just didn't work and the strawberries were a last minute addition to add some zing :)

And I'm not clever enough to have used the Observer that way :D

Both pics are great. What I like most about them is the variance of colours that you don't initially see. Works really well for me.

Thanks karmagarda, much obliged :)

:clap: superb take John, and a lovely shot too. Second shot for me too.

Thanks John and thanks to Fi for suggesting the change I think the 2nd beats the 1st now :)

This is a great shot John, really like this one, we always bang on about dof but this is just spot on, great image.

Oh John...I'm so sorry mate for missing out your last 2 shots...:shake:

I'm not paying the correct attention to my 52s lately...:eek:

To start with Highlight...what a great and proud moment, I remember my daughter and graduation day, since then she as gone on to a Masters and a PHd...and said she is going to get a job one day...:lol

Fun...Brilliant...Brilliant...Brilliant, love the way you see things and go for the correct lighting, focus and B/G... and you seem to get it spot on every time...(y)

Easy...wow you are on a roll mate I'm loving the whole set up with this shot...and I love them both it hard to pick my favorite, they are truly great shots...:clap::clap::clap:

Well done John

Great shot John, I had that song going round my head too, I just couldn't think of a way to portray it....
You've done really well though.
Mark(y)

This is a great shot John, really like this one, we always bang on about dof but this is just spot on, great image.

Gary thankl very much :) This has been my most 'staged' shot so I'm glad it came off :)

O
To start with Highlight...what a great and proud moment, I remember my daughter and graduation day, since then she as gone on to a Masters and a PHd...and said she is going to get a job one day...:lol

Fun...Brilliant...Brilliant...Brilliant, love the way you see things and go for the correct lighting, focus and B/G... and you seem to get it spot on every time...(y)

Easy...wow you are on a roll mate I'm loving the whole set up with this shot...and I love them both it hard to pick my favorite, they are truly great shots...:clap:

Well done John

Too kind Marcus and don't worry about getting behind I'm very guilty of that myself :)

Great shot John, I had that song going round my head too, I just couldn't think of a way to portray it....
You've done really well though.
Mark(y)

Mark many thanks - great song too - love that guitar break :)

Back to the macro for this one and good grief I'm in early for once:)

This resulted in red food colouring on the carpet :bang: grrr

Hope you like it :)

3766175491_21be045e81_o.jpg

Sorry Sarah you seem to have got two in since I last looked!

Easy, fantastics shots, I like the composition of number one and the focussing of number two!! both excellent, lovely colours and makes me feel hungry!! :clap::clap:

Colour is another fantastic shot with great colours, clarity and composition. Only slight niggle and it is slight is that it is a little bright in the top right hand corner.

well done :clap:

Sorry Sarah you seem to have got two in since I last looked!

Easy, fantastics shots, I like the composition of number one and the focussing of number two!! both excellent, lovely colours and makes me feel hungry!! :clap::clap:

Colour is another fantastic shot with great colours, clarity and composition. Only slight niggle and it is slight is that it is a little bright in the top right hand corner.

well done :clap:

Thanks Angela - I must point out one slight error in your comment :)

I'm only Sarah on Sundays :D :LOL:

:LOL: Angela.

Really like these Dark Star. Prefer the first 'Easy' shot if I'm honest.

And have to say the Colour shot is awesome, but yeah it is a little bright in corner. But great idea, composition and COLOURS

:clap: :clap:

:LOL: Angela.

Really like these Dark Star. Prefer the first 'Easy' shot if I'm honest.

And have to say the Colour shot is awesome, but yeah it is a little bright in corner. But great idea, composition and COLOURS

:clap: :clap:

Thanks Shorty :) Thought I could get away with that bright patch - almost did :)

Re Easy - I have been torn between the orginal and the rework for a week now - I still can't quite make up my mind but I lean towards #2 I think :)

Cooee and how have I missed your thread recently :(

Need more fish oils for memory I think as I lose track of what I´ve looked at and commented on.:crying:

Fun, I love the slinky, that´s my kind of shot (and would have doubled for colour too ;)) :clap:

Easy :LOL::LOL::LOL:, see what you mean, I too prefer the second one because of the wooden table and the slight change in the DoF (y)

Colour, that threw me because I´m used to you being late recently :naughty:

Great idea, meets the theme but I too think the light spot at top right slightly draws the eye.

Note to self - stop missing people from comments

Very nice. Very arty. Very sharp too, nicely done. I'm struggling on this one would you believe!

Fun, I love the slinky, that´s my kind of shot (and would have doubled for colour too ;)) :clap:

Easy :LOL::LOL:, see what you mean, I too prefer the second one because of the wooden table and the slight change in the DoF (y)

Colour, that threw me because I´m used to you being late recently :naughty:

Great idea, meets the theme but I too think the light spot at top right slightly draws the eye.

Cheeky :) Thanks Jill- I'm really pleased with my last 3 seem to have caught up and got back into the groove :)

I really like this John and tbh i dont think the bright area distracts.

Thanks Ruth - I'm easy about it - one minute it does for me, one minute it doesn't :)

Very nice. Very arty. Very sharp too, nicely done. I'm struggling on this one would you believe!

Ta karmagarda :) Much obliged

I like this interpretation of "colour". It looks like some sort of exotic cocktail.

OK, I might be weird but I actually like that bright spot in the top right.
To me it's got a bit of a sunset feel going on in the reds and yellows and I can see it fading from a deep red at the bottom left to clear liquid at the top right :shrug:

very imaginative and well captured

Works for me John, lovely colours in that glass. Spot on theme.

Nice and colourful, so fits the theme and very clever shot indeed...:clap::clap::clap:

oh and well done for being so fast off the mark this week...(y)

it great when you can come up with your shot early and relex a little...:nuts:

Thank you all for your comments :) Too lind and I am very ware that I owe you all comments back!

Last week was been mega busy -and I've been suffering a very bad back! But on the mend now! (Its age :))

I took this food shot last week but just havent got round to posting it here :)

This was taken 5 mins after picking a good crop from the garden :) I was fascinated by the bokeh (if thats what its called :))

3793616204_3589ec1eec_o.jpg

Wow that's sharp in all the right places and the bokeh is superb! Great stuff.

Mark

Excellent shot John, it almost looks surreal. The bokeh is fantastic and you've captured the highlights perfectly. :clap::clap::clap:

Superb John :clap::clap:

This is amazing, John, and I've looked at it a couple of times before commenting. :)

Why? I think it's the composition (I'm not sure, tbh) The blue-ish area in the background keeps drawing my eye, and I've tried different crops to minimise it, but then you lose too much of those fantastic ghostly berries. :bang: Did you take any other shots with a similar effect?

Sorry to get so picky about a terrific shot, but I just feel there's even more to be got from it (if that makes sense). :)

:exit: and hides, before everybody tells me I'm out of order on this one. :eek:

Jean

Thanks for the comments on this one everyne...

Jean - I got two shots of the berries and this one had the bokeh ghosts the other was nowt special :) I see what you mean about the blue now you've mentioned it

No worry about being picky either :) Its all good crit :)

Now more fruit.....:)

Here's my exposed - had trouble thinking of something and of course no time at all!!

So this poor wee apples left exposed to the ravages of nature in our garden just seemed right when I clocked it yesterday :)

3830597939_fa4de2393f_o.jpg

I can't believe that I missed your food shot!
Stunning. If bokeh is those oof sparkly bits, then I agree that you've captured it beautifully :D

Exposed : another great shot. For something you didn't have much time to think about it's worked brilliantly.
Really sums up the theme of exposed and I love the mouldy, rotting detail that you've caught (from a purely artistic perspective of course)

That's a great interpretation of the theme and as usual you've nailed all the elements of a good shot!

Back