52 From Dark Star - 52/52 Texture :) (Phew!)

I agree. It's not just fitting of the theme, it's an excellent photo. I love the DOF, especially the out of focus grass in front.

Hi John, I like the extreme dof in your food shot, the way the oof highlights frame the berries.

Your exposed is good too, I would never have taken that shot because I wouldn't have thought it would have worked but you have made it work very well.

Love the food shot. Beautiful exposure. Fantastic bokeh :)

Great interpretation of the exposed theme. Nice detail on the rotting apple. Good angle :)

That's another clever shot John...works well, but it's a bit too green on my monitor which as nobody else as said this, it means I'm seeing thing differently from everybody else...:LOL:

I like it ...(y)

For a last minute shot that is amazing :clap::clap::clap:

The detail on the apple and the DoF are spot on (y)

Great interpretation on the theme :)

Love your Exposed pic, an apple exposed to the weather and bacteria. :)
The grass seems a bit too green for me too, but it works with the image overall. Lovely DOF!

Thanks all - much appreciated :)

Marcus Steve - hmmm the saturation was boosted a bit and yes its a little 'over green' but I was trying to add oomph to a dullish shot :)

Catch up again. The food shot is superb and I have to say the exposed take is not far behind. Well done

I really like your Exposed shot, John. The detail and dof are spot on. As for the grass - I wish ours was that colour! :LOL:

Jean

Thanks Jean - you need the real life saturation slider :)

Catch up again. The food shot is superb and I have to say the exposed take is not far behind. Well done

Corky many thanks :) Most appreciated

I have a lot of comment catch ups to make myself :(

And still in the garden here is Mono - I was really stuck on this one and the garden saved me again :)

Mono - my interpretation is one colour and the light and shade on this leaf I couldn't resist!

3853432172_dc17f92e72_o.jpg

Oh, now there's another clever mono interpretation!
I wish I'd thought about something like this.
All the hills and valleys give it a 3D look, and the colours are amazing! :)

Well you know how I love a good abstract too :D

Definitely looks like savoy cabbage to me, or a contoured landscspe with hills and valleys :clap::clap:

Such superb detail! Great shot and just goes to show mono doesn't have to be black and white!

Mark:clap:

Wow - that's a gorgeous study in green.

I like it very much indeed and it's niggling me that I can't identify what type of leaf it is. The detail, texture and colour are great.

A very nice take on the theme.

Jean

Cheers Jean and I have no idea what it is :) I'll ask Suzanne when I get home :)

Wow, cool photo! Unless that's a macro it looks like Cabbage! Love it (y)

Its macro and deffo not cabbage KG - thanks :)

Lovely shot and such detail...love it all the way John...

Cheers Marcus! :D

Oh, now there's another clever mono interpretation!
I wish I'd thought about something like this.
All the hills and valleys give it a 3D look, and the colours are amazing!

Thankee Steve much obliged :)

Seems like everyone had a good week with Mono - Another one that I really love

I can't add much more to what's been said already.
Very abstract, very engaging.
Beautiful colours and textures.

A big (y) from me.

p.s. Don't keep us in suspense, what type of leaf is it?

Cheers Sarah - and don't know :( yet!

Well you know how I love a good abstract too

Definitely looks like savoy cabbage to me, or a contoured landscspe with hills and valleys

Cheers Jill = neither cabbage nor landscape though :)

Such superb detail! Great shot and just goes to show mono doesn't have to be black and white!

Mark

Thanks muchly Mark :)

I wouldn't have thought of that, very nice mono image, fantastic texture and you bodyswerved the obvious B&W. Very nicely done.

Hi John :wave:

Sorry I'm late to the party with commenting on your shots...

Food - I like the idea but something about it isn't doing it for me. The colours look a bit muted but there is every chance that is my carp monitor.

Exposed - LOVE it. Great interpretation and the colours, composition and DOF are all spot on :clap:

Mono - I like a abrstract shot of something natural so this fits the bill beautifully for me. Lots of detail and lovely vibrant colour. Nicely done sir (y)

I wouldn't have thought of that, very nice mono image, fantastic texture and you bodyswerved the obvious B&W. Very nicely done.

Cheers Gary much obliged :)

love your mono shot - these pics really draw me in for some reason

Thankee Ruth :D

Hi John

Sorry I'm late to the party with commenting on your shots...

Food - I like the idea but something about it isn't doing it for me. The colours look a bit muted but there is every chance that is my carp monitor.

Exposed - LOVE it. Great interpretation and the colours, composition and DOF are all spot on :clap:

Mono - I like a abrstract shot of something natural so this fits the bill beautifully for me. Lots of detail and lovely vibrant colour. Nicely done sir (y)

Never worry about being late Fi :)

Many thanks for the comments - I must get away from the garden....and I have :)

Season: Its late (out of season :))

I went through salt and pepper, spices, summer/winter etc and was stumped

Even more stumped when I saw all the excellent shots the rest of you guys have produced!

And then, whilst munching away at a Caesar Salad in Pizza Express in Ramsgate (more of that later :)) I noticed something large, wooden and begging to be shot!

I used the 50mm f1.4 at 1600

Flawed but the best I could do :)

3875298445_78648fb765_o.jpg

:)

40d really does handle the noise well.....

hope you had a nice pizza :D

I maybe would nt have put the "phallic symbol" ;) in the middle of the composition...

I like the lighting/exposure...

Overall a good effort...and if you thought week 34 was hard lol

Good effort John...:clap:

I know what you mean about the salt & pepper theme going on this week...:LOL:

I gave up even trying to match that subject...:p

Nice to see the ISO pushed that far, I don't go over 800, guess I still can't get use to it from my old 35mm days...:LOL:

I really like them John. Exposed has some great detail in it. Lovely green abstract in Mono, and more great details, nicely captured. I also like your Season shot, the ISO isn't an issue for me... I've been known to hammer the ISO hard myself :D...

(where in Ramsgate is it ? I went to school there)...

I like it! Simple, straightforward and the type of shot I could see being used by the pizza restaurant in an advert. No complaints at all from me. (y)

M JG says if you give him the dimensions he'll turn one to save you having to go all the way to Ramsgate for your pizza. :LOL: btw - he liked the grain in the wood - ISO isn't an issue for him. :LOL:

Jean

Another one that I'm late commenting on, sorry :bang:

Nice, simple, fits the theme well and great detail in the grain of the wood.
There's only so much that you can do with salt / pepper as a lot of us found out but I do like this a lot (y)

BTW Why were you eating Caesar Salad at a Pizza Express? That sounds far too healthy for me, especially with all the other calorie-filled choices on offer :D

Sometimes inspiration just presents itself in the most unlikely of places. Well seen and well captured. The ISO performance of the 40d is alright by the looks of things, wish my 400d was capable of half that, ho hum!

Like it, looks huge! Like it wouldn't be out of place on a flight of stairs

Thanks Steve!

I maybe would nt have put the "phallic symbol" in the middle of the composition...

I like the lighting/exposure...

Overall a good effort...and if you thought week 34 was hard lol

Thanks Jeff - the positioning was quite awkward on this one I wasn't spoilt for choice in the restaurant :)

Good effort John...
Nice to see the ISO pushed that far, I don't go over 800, guess I still can't get use to it from my old 35mm days...:LOL:

Thanks Marcus

shame about the iso, otherwise nicely done

Ta Ruth

I really like them John. Exposed has some great detail in it. Lovely green abstract in Mono, and more great details, nicely captured. I also like your Season shot, the ISO isn't an issue for me... I've been known to hammer the ISO hard myself ...

(where in Ramsgate is it ? I went to school there)...

Thanks John, much obliged! The Pizza Express is on the harbour in an old bank building I think - just as the road starts up to the cliff top!

I like it! Simple, straightforward and the type of shot I could see being used by the pizza restaurant in an advert. No complaints at all from me.

M JG says if you give him the dimensions he'll turn one to save you having to go all the way to Ramsgate for your pizza. btw - he liked the grain in the wood - ISO isn't an issue for him. :LOL:

Jean

Thanks Jean and also Mr JG :)

Another one that I'm late commenting on, sorry

Nice, simple, fits the theme well and great detail in the grain of the wood.
There's only so much that you can do with salt / pepper as a lot of us found out but I do like this a lot

BTW Why were you eating Caesar Salad at a Pizza Express? That sounds far too healthy for me, especially with all the other calorie-filled choices on offer

Thanks Sarah - the diet started last week :D

Sometimes inspiration just presents itself in the most unlikely of places. Well seen and well captured. The ISO performance of the 40d is alright by the looks of things, wish my 400d was capable of half that, ho hum!

Cheers Mark, much obliged :)

Grunge - a corroded and rotten hand rail leading down to the water inside Ramsgate Harbour :) Real Grungey :)

3897433550_0689b4ba45_o.jpg

Ohh hope you were careful, that looks rustier than umm well you know what I mean....:LOL:
Definitely grungy, I wonder if the foreground could be slightly more in focus or failing that slightly less of it. I find ever so slightly distracting.

Mark(y)

More catchup (checks if wrists broken yet from all the catchups)

Season - Excellent photo! I like a lot (y)

Grunge - Amazing DOF! Love this too! :clap:

:eek: That doesn't look very safe! I hope you didn't lean on it.

Yes it's definitely grungey, but for a picture of grunge there's some amazing colours in this shot. I love the combination of the oranges and greens. It just shows that grunge can have colour (y)

Very nice DoF. I love the rail fading out into the background to lead your eye in and the oof wall works very well.
Perhaps a touch too much oof foreground for me though. I think that it could do with a crop just above the bit of protruding rust on the support.

Back