52 - kejago: Update with week 4 - Street

Prefer the mono too. I think the cyclist in the second picture detracts from the old boy looking in the window.

The only thing I would have done is to clone out the light about 2/3 the way up on the left edge of frame.

Mono version definitely. Better atmosphere and composition. :)

I like this very much! I prefer the first one as there is just one point of interest - the man looking at the window. You have captured the lighting beautifully.
:clap::clap:

I would just clone out the lights on the left edge as they are a bit distracting.

love the colour's on the second, but much prefer the crop on the first, it's the person on the bike that im not keen on

Second is my preference. Like the way the man is leaning in to see what's going on, which is exactly what I as a viewer want to know. The cast of the light out of the shop is excellent. Shame the guy on the bike wasn't riding though. Good colour and contrast.

What awesome feedback!!! Thank you very much!! :)

I tried some portrait shots of the gentlemen too. I wasn't sure they would work, but some of have suggested I try them. Here they are. One in colour, one in B&W:

p867799663-4.jpg

p588559283-4.jpg

I like the warmth of the colour... but am also drawn to the B&W... for me, street always works better in B&W. Argh! Who knows... :shrug: :thinking:

I prefer the crop shots as there is much more focus on the subject. Well done to you for taking the constructive crit on board and having another go.

#1 for me as the colours are nice and soft whereas I find #2 a bit too contrasty for the subject (but that's just my personal preference so ignore it)

:clap::clap::clap:

I much prefer the original landscape colour shot, has such a nice atmosphere to it that for me is completely lost in the BW conversion. I think that is one of the best shots I have seen for this week's theme. Not convinced it has to be BW to be street - you have captured a genuine street scene, with no posing involved, nice lighting and interesting ambience and as far as I can see without anyone taking any notice of the camera. Well done.

That's lovely that is.
B&W for me, the light spilling out onto the pavement nails it.

Hi Kev.

Bit of a catch up since I missed chopped, but it's a very nice shot. DOF works brilliantly and as somebody else said, I can almost smell the wood. (y)

Seems to be a lot of mixed opinion on your Street shot, but for me there's a clear winner.
I should say that generally I hate street photography, but that very first B&W shot could almost convert me.
I love the way that you've caught the man framed in the light from the doorway, the B&W gives an almost magical feel to it and I love the inclusion of the bike on the RHS. IMO it's a truly beautiful and timeless shot :love:

I prefer the colour cropped image. The warmth of the colours works well for me, but it needed the focus in tighter. Well done.

Back