weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

What can I say? Fresh as a daisy - brilliant idea, brilliantly executed ;)

Hi
Love the texture and detail, and the idea of square crop. OK so the cloves are not exactly square but you wouldn't want to be a square would you :-D

Lovely rustic textures and floors there. Nice clean BG.

Slightly OOF upper left and I really want to nudge the centre left bit in :)

Cheers.

Interesting shot Alan (y)..................could you have not stacked them into a pyramid shape and gone for a different pov? :whistle:

Hi
Love the texture and detail, and the idea of square crop. OK so the cloves are not exactly square but you wouldn't want to be a square would you :-D

Thank you Anita, what me square, who said that?

Interesting shapes amongst them.

Thanks

Hi Allan, interesting shapes, very clean shot and well focussed.

Thanks

The cloves have really worked well for this, nice bg, i like the subtle shadow too.

Thanks for looking in

Lovely rustic textures and floors there. Nice clean BG.

Slightly OOF upper left and I really want to nudge the centre left bit in :)

Cheers.

getting them square was never going to happen, perfection is highly over rated :)

Interesting shot Alan (y)..................could you have not stacked them into a pyramid shape and gone for a different pov? :whistle:

I did many shapes with them you are not worthy of seeing them though :p

That's a nice Idea Allan... although it doesn't need to be square totally, there are a couple (top 1 and RH 1) I just really need to give a slight push :geek: - Excellent Detail, and well lit mate :)

yes was never going to happen, weird shaped pieces of crap :LOL:

............. perfection is highly over rated :).

be so much easier if that were really the case!

neatness of the square aside.... I love the detail you can see in the full-res version on flickr, this also really highlights the shallow DOF you get working close up. I think there is just enough here, but I'd take a bit more too.

Good focus and lighting too. (y)

Originally I was drawn to the elements of the square, before realising that it was actually a square! I like the textures you've got out of the cloves.

cant fault the arrangement and the choice of music, well aligned to the horizontals of the bars.

Feel you could go a touch brighter on the white of the paper.

Overall for a theme you were unimpressed by, a more than worthy effort.

Hey Alan :)

Well, as I see it this shot is excellent, if this is uninspired I WANT TO BE UNINSPIRED TOO !!!!

A lovely sharp image, love the lines throughout the image, the wear in the guitar, the crispness of the white paper and black print, well lit too - Love it :clap:

Made it finally...sorry for the delay :oops: :$

fresh...superb , different but great POV , cracking detail in both stem & petals....:clap: my only iffy bit is the BG color , a little to over powering for my taste.....but it's only my taste....makes for a really striking image

Numbers....another corker ( un-inspired my butt !) what's not to like about it , sharp , compositionally spot on..... :clap::clap:

Shape....plenty of detail & nicely arranged but pales ( for me) beside Fresh & Numbers

Numbers - fits the theme I like the composition good work.

Ta Mandy

Great idea and a bit of the white stripes :)
I like the position of the guitar maybe a plectrum dropped down too would work? However to me the lighting feels a bit harsh

Lighting looks fine to me, did think about a plectrum too but forgot all about it in my haste to get it over with

Love the shapes and pin sharp notes. Great work

Thanks for looking in

cant fault the arrangement and the choice of music, well aligned to the horizontals of the bars.

Feel you could go a touch brighter on the white of the paper.

Overall for a theme you were unimpressed by, a more than worthy effort.

Thanks I did brighten the image up slightly, didn't want to go any further with it

Have to agree with the above, I think it's a smashing image, great composition, and a very original choice for the theme.

Thanks Susie

Hey Alan :)

Well, as I see it this shot is excellent, if this is uninspired I WANT TO BE UNINSPIRED TOO !!!!

A lovely sharp image, love the lines throughout the image, the wear in the guitar, the crispness of the white paper and black print, well lit too - Love it :clap:

I will send some un-inspiration to you you are more than welcome to it

Made it finally...sorry for the delay :oops: :$

fresh...superb , different but great POV , cracking detail in both stem & petals....:clap: my only iffy bit is the BG color , a little to over powering for my taste.....but it's only my taste....makes for a really striking image

Numbers....another corker ( un-inspired my butt !) what's not to like about it , sharp , compositionally spot on..... :clap::clap:

Shape....plenty of detail & nicely arranged but pales ( for me) beside Fresh & Numbers

Thanks Lynne, the BG of the daisy is a tad overpowering Iain suggested maybe a yellow BG it would have been more suitable I feel too,
numbers it was just a case of that will do, I am amazed by what people have said :thinking:

Hi Allan,
Shape...bet that square took some doing! a bit different, I like it(y)
Numbers... Great image well thought out, smasher(y)(y)

Thanks Judi, regarding shape its amazing how a square pastry cutter can come in very handy

brilliant, i wasn't inspired by this theme but you've hit the nail on the head really nice :woot:

Hi, Allan, good show. I do like the composition and feel the curve if the guitar works well with the music score. I like the composition, especially the two dots (?) upper left.

Crit, well I'm being picky but I'd like to see the lower left screw in focus.

Cheers and do you play?

brilliant, i wasn't inspired by this theme but you've hit the nail on the head really nice :woot:

Thanks

Hi, Allan, good show. I do like the composition and feel the curve if the guitar works well with the music score. I like the composition, especially the two dots (?) upper left.

Crit, well I'm being picky but I'd like to see the lower left screw in focus.

Cheers and do you play?

You are a hard man to please OoF screw indeed :p I don't play as much now due to my arthritis

Gawd....what a brilliant idea......:clap:

Nicely lit , portrait works well (though as I'm going through a negative space obsession at the mo I'd quite like a landscape version with plenty of space to the rhs ;) )

Not crit from me Allan....spot on :clap::clap:

I like that Allan, great idea, detail in the egg and clamp, lighting, composition, excellent (y)

Egg, nice idea.

Well composed and good detail.

My only crit, and I, not sure how you would overcome it, would be a little movement in the vice.

Cheers.

Back