weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Excellent, I think the POV and the DOF are perfect. o_O

Saw this on Graham @overbez thread and nearly fell out of my seat :ROFLMAO:

"I found a great mushroom at the weekend whilst out with the hounds,"

Gawd m'lud did not know that we were mixing with the landed gentry. Can't find an emoticon for 'tugs forelock'.

Do you have a red coat?

You commoners need to show a little bit more respect please or I might set the hounds on you :p

I used to live on an estate unfortunately it was a council estate :D

Super shot of the snake Allan, you've done well to focus so perfectly on the eyes and to have the body falling away behind.

Was thinking a slightly greater dof to get the tip of the noise in...... But I think I actually prefer the shallower dof as it highlights focus on the eyes.

Nice to see under the chin. And the scales that are there, so often with small animals you have the looking down on POV. This is much better. :)

Smooth, cracking idea. Lovely oranges and detail in the eyes.

I'd like the end of the nose in focus, but I know from using my 105 the DOF is insane.

Is it yours?

:clap:Hi Allan ...whats not to like ....I love it....brilliant perspective ...love the muted colours of the curly snake in the background ....and of course it's bang on theme ...absolutely spot on for me

Thanks Susie

Super shot of the snake Allan, you've done well to focus so perfectly on the eyes and to have the body falling away behind.

Was thinking a slightly greater dof to get the tip of the noise in...... But I think I actually prefer the shallower dof as it highlights focus on the eyes.

Nice to see under the chin. And the scales that are there, so often with small animals you have the looking down on POV. This is much better. :)

Thanks Graham

Smooth, cracking idea. Lovely oranges and detail in the eyes.

I'd like the end of the nose in focus, but I know from using my 105 the DOF is insane.

Is it yours?

Thanks Andy yes the snake is ours

Hi Allan, another prompt submission.... Only 5 more to go. :)

Gorgeous colour on those mushrooms, really stand out from the trunk of the silver birch. Plenty of interesting textures there but the mushrooms pull the eye back.

Good composition, and the 'shrooms are nice and shiny looking. Reckon looking up under the hat of that one top left could have been interesting.

Can't decide if my tired eyes are seeng a tiny bit of oof round the very bottom of the frame???

Stunning! That's all I can say.

Hi Allan what's not to like about that one ...I love it :) fungi is my choice for this week too, but I'm not sure if I will get the chance or not. I love the clarity of it...the colour, the lighting ...in fact the bark on the tree itself is fabulous, a great choice for the theme.

Hi Allan, another prompt submission.... Only 5 more to go. :)

Gorgeous colour on those mushrooms, really stand out from the trunk of the silver birch. Plenty of interesting textures there but the mushrooms pull the eye back.

Good composition, and the 'shrooms are nice and shiny looking. Reckon looking up under the hat of that one top left could have been interesting.

Can't decide if my tired eyes are seeng a tiny bit of oof round the very bottom of the frame???

there where some OOF bits in the original mainly the left hand side which I cropped out but the bottom could well be too

Hi Allan
Attached - Damn there is some cracking detail there mate, love the colours and textures on the bark, and the fungi looks almost 3d and coming out at me, really nicely lit and a Great image :clap:

Thanks DK
Stunning! That's all I can say.

Thank you

Hi Allan what's not to like about that one ...I love it :) fungi is my choice for this week too, but I'm not sure if I will get the chance or not. I love the clarity of it...the colour, the lighting ...in fact the bark on the tree itself is fabulous, a great choice for the theme.

How did you get on with your fungus pic ?

Now that I like. The contrast between the softness of the fungi and the ruggedness of the bark works really well.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

Woweeeeeee for #2....

Perfectly done, smooth water round the outer and beautiful colours on the inner but with the fantastic centre rising up.

IMO the first shot is unnecessary... In a nice way of course as the second is so wonderful.

:clap: :clap:

I agree, the first one really pales alongside the second.

Superb composition, lovely detail and nice colours.

The only minor crib from me is the uneven colours, especially at the lower left.

I do like how the splash looks like a small cooling tower.

Cheers.

Morning Allan, great contrasting colours in your 'attached', the fungus stands out well, good detail (y)

The water droplets are excellent, especially the 2nd :clap: the shape looks perfect (y), reminds me of the images we see of an atom bomb before it forms the mushroom shape :) .......something else on my to 'have a go at' list.

Attached ... great colour and focus.

Energy #2 ... absolutely stunning! And the colours too.

Wow Allan ...your thread just gets better :clap:... those waterspalshes are absolutely super ... I really love them both. Are they both water, the second one looks slightly milky, fabulous colours and in that one.

How did you get on with your fungus pic ?

Had a stinky cold and just didn't have the energy to traipse through the woods but haven't done anything else so it may yet materialise :)

Hi Allan

Smooth

Super shot , uber sharp on the eye's , lovely colors & fab DOF :clap:

Attached....can't crit that at all....fab colors on the shrooms that really pop out of the screen & contrast beatifully with the bark :clap:

Energy....OMG :notworthy::notworthy: can't say anthing else really ! The delicate colors in the 2nd one & cleaner drop ( no bubbles flying off it) just nudge it ahead for me...superb work :clap::clap:
Have to ask....a} what set-up did you use for this ...ie lights camera settings etc b}.....what fluids did you use ,cream & water ?

Wow, there's some great detail on attached there Allan!

I'd almost prefer to see a closer shot of the fungus, especially since the rock (superb detail there) is a touch distracting when it forms so much of the image... for me, at least. The detail in the underside of the 'rooms is great... more please!

And for energy... well, a pair of BELTING shots there. The second one in particular is just spectacular. No crit whatsover as the lighting, colours and timing (as well as technicals of the actual photo) are simply perfect! :clap: :clap:

And a well deserved explore on flickr too. :clap:

Woweeeeeee for #2....

Perfectly done, smooth water round the outer and beautiful colours on the inner but with the fantastic centre rising up.

IMO the first shot is unnecessary... In a nice way of course as the second is so wonderful.

:clap: :clap:

Thanks Graham the second one was my choise too but included the first because it sort of shows more drama

I agree, the first one really pales alongside the second.

Superb composition, lovely detail and nice colours.

The only minor crib from me is the uneven colours, especially at the lower left.

I do like how the splash looks like a small cooling tower.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, not sure what you mean about the uneven colours

Morning Allan, great contrasting colours in your 'attached', the fungus stands out well, good detail (y)

The water droplets are excellent, especially the 2nd :clap: the shape looks perfect (y), reminds me of the images we see of an atom bomb before it forms the mushroom shape :) .......something else on my to 'have a go at' list.

Thanks Phil, its not to hard to achieve a bit of a pain setting it all up

Attached ... great colour and focus.

Energy #2 ... absolutely stunning! And the colours too.

Thanks d00d

Wow Allan ...your thread just gets better :clap:... those waterspalshes are absolutely super ... I really love them both. Are they both water, the second one looks slightly milky, fabulous colours and in that one.

Had a stinky cold and just didn't have the energy to traipse through the woods but haven't done anything else so it may yet materialise :)

Thanks Susie

Hi Allan

Smooth

Super shot , uber sharp on the eye's , lovely colors & fab DOF :clap:

Attached....can't crit that at all....fab colors on the shrooms that really pop out of the screen & contrast beatifully with the bark :clap:

Energy....OMG :notworthy::notworthy: can't say anthing else really ! The delicate colors in the 2nd one & cleaner drop ( no bubbles flying off it) just nudge it ahead for me...superb work :clap::clap:
Have to ask....a} what set-up did you use for this ...ie lights camera settings etc b}.....what fluids did you use ,cream & water ?

Thanks Lynne as for set up camera settings should be on Flickr just one off camera flash bounced off a coloured card, and it was milk into water

Wow, there's some great detail on attached there Allan!

I'd almost prefer to see a closer shot of the fungus, especially since the rock (superb detail there) is a touch distracting when it forms so much of the image... for me, at least. The detail in the underside of the 'rooms is great... more please!

And for energy... well, a pair of BELTING shots there. The second one in particular is just spectacular. No crit whatsover as the lighting, colours and timing (as well as technicals of the actual photo) are simply perfect! :clap: :clap:

thanks Paul, I did deliberate about the fungus image (its on a tree, by the way) wether to use a closer view but I quite liked the bark

WOW at number two Allan... the first crown shot is a great capture and I like the little droplets too... but the form of the second is brilliant, such a smooth texture, lovely ripples and bang on crop too - Love It :clap:

Thanks DK

Wow! Both great, but the 2nd one takes top spot for me, love the colour, a great bit of movement caught. One of the nicest, pics I have seen this year.

Thanks Michael

And a well deserved explore on flickr too. :clap:

I know never been explored on Flickr before was amazed at how many hits it was getting throughout Sunday

Hi Allan

Attached - marvellous shot (y)- the fungus just glows against the grey of the bark. Well exposed and a lot of extremely clear detail. Although a simple shot there is lots of interest throughout so that the eye roams and finds interest everywhere.

Energy - #1 - I like that because of the random nature of the splash and the individual droplets - gives a big impression of energy so bang on theme.(y)
#2 is the better shot technically, composition wise and handling . It does not seem to have as much energy in it but that does not detract from an excellent shot. Really well set up and captured - as good an example of the type that I have seen. The smoothness of the water is mesmerising, so that it reminds me of a piece of murano glass. Top shot.:clap: And not only explored on Flickr but in the Hall of Fame :notworthy:

Round, cracking detail in the buildings and no sign of the joint. Lovely detail in the sky and clouds. I dod wonder whether the grass was a bit too overpowering, but the positives really overcome this.

Cheers.

for a first effort - this is great. I've never done one of these either.

Love how the interest part with the cranes is under the interesting sky, which shows a great base image to start from.

There is a lot of grass, and the sky lower right is quite bright, but this leaves the eye with nowhere to go but back round the circle to the area of interest.

:clap:

Great image Allan, viewed large on flickr shows loads of detail (y), race course with fun fair. I can only guess how its done but I'd like a bit of info please, ta :)

Back