weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Mono - Playing to your strengths I see :) damn good image, I can't fault it :clap:

Twisted, on theme, good dof and nice background.

Hi Lynne - Action - great shots the lighting is excellent. Mono also a great shot can't find anything wrong with that either. Well done :clap:

Hi Lynne, long time no comment :(
#1 on action gets my vote, its the most dynamic between the two. Composition works well too, with the rider coming into the frame really gives a sense of you being right in the thick of the action.

Mono, flawless (y) a real Blondie signature shot IMHO. Lighting, composition, everything perfect. The negative space works well here too.

Twisted, again bang on theme, strong diagonal composition, simple yet effective.

lovely singular white rose there, the green of the stem is just dark enough to not jump out at you, but leads nicely to the rose head bit.

Beautifully sharp, but also retaining the softness of the petals at the same time, and great brightness to it, but also still keeping the texture of the petals. Very well done.

Barbed wire is a simple idea, but executed well..... super detail and sufficient DOF to get both the main prongs in sharp focus. love the bright green mottled BG there too.

Many thanks Graham , DOF on the barbed wire was a mare but it worked , the rose was a fall back...fed up with Black n White !

Hi Lynne,
Mono... Love it beautifully done, yes its mono as in one for those who doubt, I like the pov too(y)(y)
twisted... simple but on theme I like the composition and dof (y)

Cheers Judi......glad you could see the Mono connnection:)

Hi Lynne both excellent the rose is excellent really stands out, nicely placed too (y)
barbed wire simple but very effective with a great BG (y)

Thanks Allan (y)

Hi Lynne....the rose is a beautiful shot, perfectly placed against the stark black background, and an excellent choice in the white rose.
Twisted.....on theme, and nicely focused against the green background.

Thanks Susie (y)

Action - two superb shots can't fault either off them.

mono - wonderful composition, love the simplicity off it nice work.

Twisted - fits the theme, but sadly does not hold my attention for long. The focusing is great, and the composition, just lacks the wow factor for me sorry.

Thanks Mandy.....yup , Twisted isn't particularly exciting but it keeps me in the game & gave me some macro practice :)

Hi Lynne, as said, the rose is excellent, sharp, clear, great detail, really stands out from the black bg (y)

Good detail in the barbed wire, composition, dof works well (y)

Cheers Phil (y)

Lynne first off appologies for not commenting on all your photos... playing catch up with fellow 52'ers can be long winded at times...

I like the twisted shot... as said before the DOF is spot on and corner to corner also works...
Mono - good take on the singular aspect... different perspective...

No apologies needed Colin...I struggle with commenting as well so appreciate you popping in (y)

love the Mono image,

Cheers Colin:)

Hi Lynne
I keep typing to you all my apologies for being behind - i don't know how I get so far back - Big kick up ....

Step - brilliant . :clap: Unique idea and very well handled. The exposure on the model, the light bulb and the reflection are really good. I prefer the later edit with the less black space but not sure that the 'broken glass' on the floor adds anything - it is supposed to be surreal so does not have to be too literal for me. I would not know how to do what you have done but shouldn't the right foot be in contact with its reflection as it is on the floor - or is he jumping .. Anyway :clap:

Natural - I am going to be out of step and opt for #1. It has an ethereal quality. Good focus and soft dof. #2 - I don't care much for the colour of the border nor the rather blowsy lighting of the flower. #3 is v. good and the border fits well.

Action - #1 has it all - action in the angle of the bike, the boot, the curve and that great sand/dirt spray. #2 is good but cannot stand up to the comparison.

Mono - the single theme works well and as the green stem is so understated, the white rose and the black b/k have a mono feel. Good lighting and detail in the petals. (y) I may have tried a square (er) crop.

Twisted - on theme good colours - given the quality and effort in the other 4 weeks this is fine - it fits the bill.

WOW...many thanks Alan...no worries about commenting...life gets in the way of the 52's & I regularly fall behind with commenting so appreciate your time :) Now you mention it I think his foot should be in touch with the floor....but no time for a re-edit . As for the barbed wire....yeah...I was taking a week off ;)

Hey Lynne :)

Action - Well what can be said other than Fantastic, that first shot with the flying dirt trail is excellent, both really well lit, super action shots to say the least, damn I would love to take shots like that :clap:

Mono - Liking your idea of singular for the theme... struggling to crit this one, stem coming from the corner works well with the crop, nice black backgound, white flower very well exposed considering the large contrast in tones, super soft detail too - Nice (y)

Twisted - Wish I has thought of that, love a bit of barbed wire (i WILL get a shot into my 52 one way or another) Bang on sharpness, perfect DoF and Crop, loving the background again too, again can't give any crit :)

Wow again...thanks for the mega catch up Dean (y)
Barbed wire holds a certain appeal......strange but true :) As for Action....I'm getting enough practice at Motox...the local track is like my 2nd home these days :D

Hi Lynne - Action - great shots the lighting is excellent. Mono also a great shot can't find anything wrong with that either. Well done :clap:

Cheers Ricard...appreciate you popping in (y)

Hi Lynne, long time no comment :(
#1 on action gets my vote, its the most dynamic between the two. Composition works well too, with the rider coming into the frame really gives a sense of you being right in the thick of the action.

Mono, flawless (y) a real Blondie signature shot IMHO. Lighting, composition, everything perfect. The negative space works well here too.

Twisted, again bang on theme, strong diagonal composition, simple yet effective.

Hi matey.......many thanks for the high praise....Moto x drives me nuts...I spend ages trying to get the framing right & have uncluttered backgrounds ....& all the riders want to do is put the shots on their iPhone :D

Crikey time is a flying......week 17 already , nights are drawing out & the suns starting to shine more....woohooo , soon be summer :)

Simple idea again this week ,Fresh Fruit ( any excuse to eat strawberries :D )

My crit........

I could not get rid of the reflections in the glass bowl even with a polariser !
I really wanted strawbs that were totally red but Asda didn't have any
tried to lose most of the shadows but thought a little ought to stay to ground the image

You know your addicted when you spend 20 mins riffling though he display to find the best looking fruit......:exit:

Anyway , enough waffle ......need to get outside in the sun.....

Wk 18 Fresh jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

catch up soon folks (y)

ooh...little favour to ask you folks.....I've just set up a website , still very much a work in progress which is hampered by me being not computer friendly ....would you be so kind as to take a peek & Like ( if you do like it ) & let me know any glaringly obvious errors that I've missed or anyting you think could be changed slightly.....open to all idea's . This link should work : www.blondie606photography.co.uk

Cheers all :)

Last edited:
:wave: Lynne.........Week 17??? :whistle:

Another excellent image, the colour really pops, lovely clean white bg, composition works very well with the one out of the glass.......:thinking:.....my only crit........ and its a biggie! :bat:

Where's the fresh cream! :D

Seems like we had a similar idea this week. I like the fact you left a strawberry outside the bowl it really helps the composition.

Fresh, cracker. The colours really emphasise the theme. Well composed and good overall lighting. I did think ago uld a little more definite along the left and right edge of glass....maybe :thinking:

Cheers.

Hi Lynne, excellent product shot, the reflection in the glass is a small distraction but the strawberries are really well lit very striking :clap:
I think cream would have messed up the shot so glad there is non there (y)

will have a look at your website

Nice vivid colours and nice use of the shadow under the lone strawberry, I have to agree with Allan about the cream, glad there's non there :)

I don't think the reflections detract from the image in any way, rather they add to it. Glass reflects after all.

I wondered about strawberries... this is fantastic - it's lovely and clean and certainly fresh. Great colour in those reds and greens. Great job.

yum, lovely strawberries, well lit, well composed, well presented.

great job!

Hi Lynne
Fresh - weel composed and lovely colours. I think that the fact that the strawberries are not really red adds to the freshness of the shot. Good idea re the one o/s the glass - nice touch and well postitioned.

Minor crit would be, like Andy, that the rhs and lhs side of the glass are a little ill defined and I am not sure why the vignette is only at the top and not the bottom

Looked at your website - quite impressed. It is clear, uncluttered and the typefaces work well. Folder 05.05.14 has a novel naming system - blue. black. green :)
Home page photo has real impact

Yummy! The colours look great to me - proper seasonal British-looking strawberries - not like those deep red imported ones that you can get all year round ;)

Fresh - I hear what your saying about picking your product :D

I like your work on this one, agree it needs shadows to ground the fruit, not sure how you would get rid of the reflections, first thing I would do would be the poloriser, was it flash ??

Nice looking fruit, super white background, good space at the bottom of the frame, not sure if the top could give a tad - all in all really like it, very fresh and summery :)

Fresh - what a fabulous shot, fits the them perfectly. A nice clean and clear white background and very well presented, nice colours and details and details in the strawberries.

Thanks Mandy :)

Seems like we had a similar idea this week. I like the fact you left a strawberry outside the bowl it really helps the composition.

Cheers Richard :)

Hi Lynne...what's not to like about that one ... a really super pic ... crisp, clean and bang on theme.
One small thing ... it would have to be Cornish Clotted Cream for me :)

Will send you a message about the website.
Thanks Susie for the comments & checking the website , much appreciated feedback (y)

Hi Lynne,
Can't please some people can you! lovely, luscious, yummy, strawberries and they want cream too! lovely shot I like the composition and the white bg adding the extra strawberry finishes it off nicely(y)(y)

Cheers Judi :)

Fresh, cracker. The colours really emphasise the theme. Well composed and good overall lighting. I did think ago uld a little more definite along the left and right edge of glass....maybe :thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks Matey.....

Hi Lynne, excellent product shot, the reflection in the glass is a small distraction but the strawberries are really well lit very striking :clap:
I think cream would have messed up the shot so glad there is non there (y)

will have a look at your website

Thanks Allan , I wanted a clean image & also thought cream or ice cream would be too much.....so glad you agree :) The reflection is irritatiin...maybe I should have used the light tent :thinking:

HI Lynne

Mono - wonderful crisp clear backround works well

Twisted - Simple but effective nicely done
Fresh - Colours really stand out, lots of detail well lit :clap:

Thanks for the catch up Craig (y)

Nice vivid colours and nice use of the shadow under the lone strawberry, I have to agree with Allan about the cream, glad there's non there :)

I don't think the reflections detract from the image in any way, rather they add to it. Glass reflects after all.

Cheers Mark :)

FRESH: amazing!

You're way to kind David...but thanks (y)

I wondered about strawberries... this is fantastic - it's lovely and clean and certainly fresh. Great colour in those reds and greens. Great job.

Thanks Simon :)

yum, lovely strawberries, well lit, well composed, well presented.

great job!

Cheers Graham :)

Hi Lynne
Fresh - weel composed and lovely colours. I think that the fact that the strawberries are not really red adds to the freshness of the shot. Good idea re the one o/s the glass - nice touch and well postitioned.

Minor crit would be, like Andy, that the rhs and lhs side of the glass are a little ill defined and I am not sure why the vignette is only at the top and not the bottom

Looked at your website - quite impressed. It is clear, uncluttered and the typefaces work well. Folder 05.05.14 has a novel naming system - blue. black. green :)
Home page photo has real impact

Thanks Allan......I suspect the vignette is possibly sloppy editing :oops: :$ Cheers for taking a peek at my site.......Red, Yellow, Blue & Ornage have now been added as folder names.......easier for me to identify by bike color than try to figure out which bike belongs in which class....:rolleyes:

Yummy! The colours look great to me - proper seasonal British-looking strawberries - not like those deep red imported ones that you can get all year round ;)

Well spotted Elaine...they are indeed English Strawberries & very scrummy :)

Nothing to add to what's already been said, so I'll just give you a (y) :D

Thanks Andy :)

Fresh - I hear what your saying about picking your product :D

I like your work on this one, agree it needs shadows to ground the fruit, not sure how you would get rid of the reflections, first thing I would do would be the poloriser, was it flash ??

Nice looking fruit, super white background, good space at the bottom of the frame, not sure if the top could give a tad - all in all really like it, very fresh and summery :)

hi Dean....do you mean lose the polariser ? No flash just good ole natural light & a reflector....think I should have used the light tent...next time I will :)

Right...I may be muddled with the week numbers here.....I think week 19 was Shape ?

Couldn't resist throwing another bike shot in....throwing some shapes over the jump......

Wk 19 Shape 1 jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& then remembered I had this shell which I love as it makes a perfect shape.....wanted to have it hanging but couldn't get it stop in position long enough to get the shot so settled for a static with it blu-tacked to the paper :)
Wk 19 Shape 2 jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Struggled to think of a more exciting composition as well.......

& then I think we had last weeks theme which was Wk 20....Reshoot & Numbers

As I'm falling behind so badly with both shots & comments these are not my best efforts but they keep me in the game :)

Reshoot.......wasn't happy with my Mineral effort so took the opportunity to get this whilst at the Mega Meet on Sunday.....helped by my amazing assistant , strawberry dropper extraodinaire @Dark Knight ....

Wk 20 Reshoot Mineral jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Numbers was more a grab shot......with a bit of pp thrown in

Wk 20 Numbers jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Right...off to start my mega catch up :)

Hi Lynne :wave:

Well you have the Moto-X shots down to a 'T', very good (y) ......... think I would have like a bit tighter crop though :thinking: :)

Angel wings!.......are they yours? :p Great detail and lighting on the shell against the black bg (y)

Re-shoot is very well captured, colour and detail again look excellent (y)......... I did think it was a shame that the water slashing out and up didn't stand out from the grass bg more, but not a lot you could have done about that :)

The M3 badge I like, white paint, reflection in the chrome M & 3's good, dof and the bit of colour adds nicely (y)

Last edited:
welcome back lynne... 4 weeks to catch up on......

motocross rider - throwing a shape in the air, the wide shot sets the scene nicely, but I think also a closer one would work, especially with the eye contact from the rider.

shell is nice enough but lacks a wow factor i think.

for mineral, cracking work by DK there, well done that man. compositionally, I'm thinking the "horizon" shouldn't be so high, cutting through the cap as it is, but lower. Dare I say closer to a third maybe.

the M3 image is great, the 16V is looking very sad and ordinary alongside that, might say just go with the M3 one, and let the sharpness of the number and letter stand out, with the reflection in the chrome, against the white paintowrk.

Last edited:
Hi Lynne, great capture of the moto-x rider though it does look like you have lightened him a little :thinking:
the shell is nicely detailed well lit and as usual a great black BG, can't choose between them both excellent in their own way.
Not too keen on the strawberry pic just the strawberry and the glass with splash would have been better for me the BG is too much and I am not keen on the bottle, probably because i had to look at loads of the weeks ago
Liking both the car numbers really nice clean images, (y)

Hi Lynne ...well done for that catch up .... I really like the shell...I thought at first it was a bit of creative shoppery o_O but then I read it was a straight pic of your shell, it looks great against the black background...very nice.

Not sure about mineral...I think a much tighter crop...all your excellent hard work with the strawberry is unfortunately a bit lost.

Numbers ...the white one stands out for me....I really like the reflection in the chrome, and it's a very original idea too :)

'Ey up, you :)

Shape, #1 is a bit tenuous but as a photograph I like it. Looks to have a light halo around him but that might be the BG foliage.

#2 works really well. Good detail and the BG is how I like it :) it looks a little off centre ?? Square crop would contract agains the shape of the shell IMO.

Reshoot, it's always strange when you see photographs when you've been there. I didn't think your reshoot would work very well with the hash light but you have done really well to freeze the waterdrops. I might have cropped in more to focus attention more on the bottle.

Numbers although they work very well together and have been very well composed I think they were better individually. Of the two I prefer the first one the white works better for me where is Iain's car?

Nice one missus and have you done your POTY yet??

Cheers.

Really like the reshoot of Mineral. Nice and clean composition and sharp detail. Not sue how you got the splash to occur before the strawberry entered the glass. Do you have a "thing" about strawberries!

Back