Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

:LOL::LOL::LOL: OK ok hold up i'm coming over.. will i get out alive?

stick with us and you'll be fine :D we'll be dining on fine wine and stolen ..... sorry our own shop bought ...... jaffa cakes by the end of the day :D

Btw carol stunning cones you got yourself there!... the first one looks like the cones are popping out the screen(y)

Btw carol stunning cones you got yourself there!... the first one looks like the cones are popping out the screen(y)

Thanks T .... wasnt too sure as I thought the b/g was a bit too blurry after Id cropped it
That lake is a Godsend sometimes :)

stick with us and you'll be fine :D we'll be dining on fine wine and stolen ..... sorry our own shop bought ...... jaffa cakes by the end of the day :D

You know the story hansel and gretel with the gingerbread house........... sod that it's a jaffa cake house :D

love it - just be you :)

Another close up that came out better than I thought it would ... had to crop it a bit though as the branches at the side were blurred and it distracted from the cones
Roll on January when I can get my Macro Lens :)

211212 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

This is the one I prefer...nice bit of background blur, with good lighting... not sure if it looks a bit soft...but a nice image all the same...

Really like today's the cropped one really works :clap:

But now I see where all the plotting against me was happening :razz: I'll get you all mwhahahaha :D

Thanks Matt :)
and wasnt me :nono: lol

This is the one I prefer...nice bit of background blur, with good lighting... not sure if it looks a bit soft...but a nice image all the same...

Thanks Lee :) I'm starting to look at them thoroughly now and decide what can stay and what can go :)

Thanks Vince :) I'm improving slowly especially with the amount of photos I have to take each day - sometimes I have to take a few to get the one I think will be right and sometimes I can just get one and its right :)

Today has been a hard day to try and get something for my POTD - at work from early this morning till late this afternoon and then it poured down so couldnt get out to get what I wanted to get so had to look around the house. Found some of my crystal collection and found this lovely piece of Amethyst in there :)

DAY 12 - AMETHYST 221212 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Now you should know someone might mention it..but I think this would look great close up...try a bit of macro on it... The crystals would look gorgeous..

Now you should know someone might mention it..but I think this would look great close up...try a bit of macro on it... The crystals would look gorgeous..

I would love to do a bit of Macro but dont have a Macro lens yet :crying: Hopefully at the beginning of January I will have a bit of a tax rebate and that will be spent on one :) Will then definitely do one of the crystals :D

I would love to do a bit of Macro but dont have a Macro lens yet :crying: Hopefully at the beginning of January I will have a bit of a tax rebate and that will be spent on one :) Will then definitely do one of the crystals :D

I will keep a close eye out for one ;)

awww Thanks Kev :) Cant wait to get one - I think it will open up another avenue of Photography that I would love to try :)

Hey up loving the focus on that, but feel that it's a little dull because I think that it's a little under exposed, up the exposure a little and maybe boost the colour and I think you'll have a real winner there :clap:

Matt

Thanks Matt - will have a go with an edit and see what I can get :)

upped the exposure a bit and boosted the colour but only slightly :) what do you think now?

221212 a by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Sparkly!! me like!.... The edit is a big difference hun :D

Have to agree with you both - it does look better :D I have to get used to editing photos ... I never usually do any editing unless it is cropping or converting to B&W or sepia .... will have to practice more with that programme for the exposure etc - does improve everything :)

Thanks Vince :D

Are you still using Lightroom? I still have soooooooooooooo much to learn but once you get the basics it does get easier:)

seems to be T :)

removed the 1st one in my FB album T and put edited version in :)

carolthomasburns said:
removed the 1st one in my FB album T and put edited version in :)

Yeah I realised you had, it's a stunning crystal isn't it :)

only a small piece about 2" long but beautiful ....just thought I'd try it and see how it came out . The editing did a better job though :)

carolthomasburns said:
only a small piece about 2" long but beautiful ....just thought I'd try it and see how it came out . The editing did a better job though :)

It definitely came out well, you must be pleased with it!

took photos of all kinds even my snake (not a real one but a Leonardo figurine which is about 2' tall - might try that one another time when the weather is too bad :) should be fun :LOL:
But yes I'm happy how the crystal came out - will get a better one when I get that lens :)

carolthomasburns said:
took photos of all kinds even my snake (not a real one but a Leonardo figurine which is about 2' tall - might try that one another time when the weather is too bad :) should be fun :LOL:
But yes I'm happy how the crystal came out - will get a better one when I get that lens :)

Ooh yeah that'd be good to see!! I'm almost certain I'm going to start on the 1st it can be my 365 of turning 40!!

Back