weekly Crazylady's 2015 52 challenge Crowd and Close Up added

Name
Hazel
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here goes for 2015. Week 1 Bliss now added

This is my idea of bliss, just chilling listening to favourite and finding new tunes on our new speakers - just make the whole music experience bliss and bring a smile to my face every time (particularly when its a bassy beat!)

Bliss resized
by crazylady on Talk Photography

Monitor Audio Silvers indeed Dark Knight, truly blissful and very well recognized from you!

It was the dimples in the cones that I wanted to bring out and why I shot it from below rather than from the top down.

many thanks
Hazel

Ah speakers, yes definitely bliss when my lad turns his off :D
That a great angle, well thought out (y)

Monitor Audio Silvers indeed Dark Knight, truly blissful and very well recognized from you!

It was the dimples in the cones that I wanted to bring out and why I shot it from below rather than from the top down.

many thanks
Hazel
Well... you have done a grand job, just love them dimples and you have caught them beautifully !!!

Lovely range of tones. Non-distracting background. Unusual POV & composition.

What's not to like?

Hi Hazel and welcome. What a truly excellent start! I agree with the above appraisals. :clap:

That looks a nice unit and love the composition. Would have worked for the practice round of patterns aswell

Nice start to the 52. The mono really brings out the wood grain detail and cone dimples. The low viewpoint gives the speaker a very impressive look. I'm betting the sound is as impressive too :)

Hi Hazel & a belated welcome from me to the 52's challenge :wave:

Bliss....ohhhh I'm liking those speakers :love: Great POV to shooot from, good mono conversion & you've bought the detail out in the dimples really well (y)

Sorry for the late replies, week ran away.....!!!

Hi, Hazel, funky composition works well and decent B&W conversion. Personal preference, but I'd like the shadow at the top removed.

Cheers.

Hi Andy
The shadow at the top is the ceiling, did darken this down as started off much lighter and drew the eye away, but guess this was the price I had to pay

Ah speakers, yes definitely bliss when my lad turns his off :D
That a great angle, well thought out (y)

Thanks Cobra
I know what you mean about your son's music - I would quite like my 2 daughters play the same music at the same time rather than compete with each other in music type and volume!

Well... you have done a grand job, just love them dimples and you have caught them beautifully !!!
Great shot ! and wicked looking speakers ! :)
Yes I really like that: super POV, good choice of focal point and DOF and I like the lighting which helps bring out the texture in the cones. Smart conversion too, just to top it off.

Very well executed!
Like the picture and the dof, good image.
Hi Hazel and welcome. What a truly excellent start! I agree with the above appraisals. :clap:

Thanks guys, glad my first has gone so well

That looks a nice unit and love the composition. Would have worked for the practice round of patterns aswell
Hi Hazel - good shot which works well in mono, I like the pov too
really like this. My idea of bliss too, great looking speakers, with a great pattern on the cones. Point of view works really well. (y)

Thanks, lovely to have feedback so positive for my first!

Nice start to the 52. The mono really brings out the wood grain detail and cone dimples. The low viewpoint gives the speaker a very impressive look. I'm betting the sound is as impressive too :)
Yup, they just make me smile each time I play them!

Bliss - a great start to your challenge lovely image.
Nice image, nice speakers too, B&W works well, great start Hazel
Phil

Thanks Mandy and Phil

Very nice image, think the B+W suits the photo.
Interesting PoV
I definitely like this one Hazel. The mono conversion has been well handled and the angle brings interest as does the dimples on the cones.

Yes, I love the dimples on these, not sure whether they add anything sound wise but they just look so cool!

Hi Hazel & a belated welcome from me to the 52's challenge :wave:

Bliss....ohhhh I'm liking those speakers :love: Great POV to shooot from, good mono conversion & you've bought the detail out in the dimples really well (y)

Hi Lynne

Thanks and welcome to you on yours too!

Thanks Cobra
I know what you mean about your son's music - I would quite like my 2 daughters play the same music at the same time rather than compete with each other in music type and volume
I feel your pain, at least I don't have "Duelling music" to contend with !

Have to confess this is a tiny part of the reason we got some super stonky LOUD speakers for downstairs!!!! tee hee
:D

Have to confess this is a tiny part of the reason we got some super stonky LOUD speakers for downstairs!!!! tee hee
:D
I like your thinking :D

That captures the essence of the theme for me and managing to capture that last remnants of the glowing red core is perfect.

Thanks Nick, glad you can see it fitting with the theme of fragile.
This did take me about 6 matches shot at various points of flame and gently blowing it to try to nearly out or just out if I got it wrong or the camera took too long to respond to the remote!

Hazel

Thanks Phil. It took me since Saturday until this afternoon to ponder how I would interpret the theme, came up with life then pondered some more, thought of the match today and bingo!

Hi, you have caught the match at a perfect time, well done for persevering with it I would have probably given up in frustration
well worth the effort :clap:

Love your fragile shot Hazel - really well taken and a different take on the theme :)

Definitely well within the theme for me.
I first thought of how crumbly and delicate the very end of a match is, and then how it's just about to snuff it into nothing.
Very deep and a well composed photograph in my eyes!

My daughter has just come in, looked over my shoulder and said "ooh that is deep!"
Well maybe that's how I think!

Hah! Another great submission. It's funny how there are so many everyday things around me that can relate to a topic if I think about it. But then that's where my problems lie. Well though out!

Back