weekly DM's First 52 Challenge 2015 I'M STILL HERE BIIIIIG CATCH UP Week 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 & 19 ADDED!

Well I'm already thinking of the practice theme. I have a few ideas so hope to get out and try them out. I know I'm going to have limited internet access after tonight until the new year due to being on holiday

Welcome to the madhouse Mark :wave:

Hi, and welcome, I do feel patterns need to be a little more defined, I guess its open to interpretation.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

Nice opening image Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

I like that Mark.
One of those that you could gaze at for a long time, making different images within the patterns.

I'm surprised to see myself typing this, because I'm a huge fan of panoramic crops, but I'd just like to see a bit more at the top of this.
It feels slightly uncomfortable to me in the way that it's cut off there and that section of the image would appear to be where the most highly defined bits of pattern are.

Hi Mark - good spot and nicely taken shot. I like the abstract feel the tight crop gives - works well for me. Did some of the highlights blow and recovered in post as it looks like there's a lot of solid off-white... doesn't detract for me but just curious!

Good shot and a nice entry for the practice week.

Welcome Mark

Groovy ... think I like the idea of the second image minus the FG but inc. the BG ... if that makes sense.

Welcome to 2015 52s Mark. A good subject to start with, but I tend to agree with d00d's comment - I would have kept the sea and some of the yellowish sand in, cloning out the little black arrow-shaped thingy if necessary. I think the additional contrasting tones and textures of the original shot make a more interesting image.

With over 90 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

I looks good enough to eat :D

You can't beat a nice mid-week roast (y)

Thanks guys I love Mom's roasts even after leaving home over 5 years ago she still looks after us.

Anyway I thought I'd add this one

113e by MARKGAMESON1 (Downton Mini/Mini59), on Flickr

This is my one of my all time favourite places I took it last year so couldn't use it for my offical entry.

I entered it as a print in our club league competition last year and did quite well it was also used in a exhibition in the local library

Crit: You're cloth is a bit ruffled and you've just made me hungry!!

Ha i didn't notice the colth until I put the images on the computer!

As for making you hungery I can only apolagise

Iit was as good as it looks too

Hi

I really like the idea of using ur roast dinner as it does look blissful!

Id have tried to do more with the image... What i mean by this is get down lower and closer too it... So u got a bit more detail of the colours and textures and maybe the steam off it and the tea! Id have tried that anyway... Although like u say... A man needs his dinner hot!

I do like looking again the fact uv used the 50mm as it simply looks as your eyes would see it... Which i never thought about initially!

Great 1st shot! Good work

Mark

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I may revisit this at some point and try it with a different lens etc.

Wonderful images ! especially the one with St Catherine's, :) I'm feeling very hungry after viewing that roast though, looks delicious !
looking forward to seeing more from your 52 (y)

Hi Mark :)

Pattern - A very deceiving shot, when I saw the unedited it's a much larger area than I expected, loads of swirls, ripples & reflections, works well for the theme for me :)

Bliss - Mmmmmm nom nom at the roast dinner, shame the table mat is slightly clipped, would prefer it whole or a bigger chunk missing... but the plate of food looks good, nice and bright, well lit and a nice mug of tea to wash it down. it's making me feel hungry too, now that would be bliss (y)

Hi Mark & a belated welcome to the madhouse from me :wave:

Patterns........prefer the wider view of the unprocessed image as it gives a bit more context ...possibly do with a slight exposure boost ?

Bliss.....good idea & definitely making me hungry :) It has potential but the devil is in the detail though.........I'd be tempted to lose the chequered pink material & the floral place mat & just work with the beautiful slate place mats on the wooden surface.That would draw your eye to the lovely looking roast (y)

Thanks I 'borrowed' the idea from the guy in the Nikon advert Andrius Aleksandravičius and have produced a print for a competition in our club called in the style of but for the print I flipped the image to be the right way up.

I did go out again today (I took that one last night) down to where the severn valley railway crosses the canal but the light was flat and after waiting a while for a train I found out they don't run in Janaury!

Hi... Brilliant idea with the glass ball, impressed at how clear the scene is through it! The White bit on the RHS distracts me a little but otherwise... Wow!

Hi Mark ... you're off to a great start with the challenge ...an excellent choice with the roast dinner but I agree with Lynne the slate mats would have been enough and emphasised the lovely dinner more.

The glass ball image is really unusual...I've not seen that done before and it's very effective...well done on such a unique shot.

I love these glass ball shots, they never fail to create interesting images.

Hi Mark, what a great idea. When I first looked I thought it was a bubble. the shot's come out really well - very clear

Back