Google+

They're controlling then amount of people signing up, it was open for a bit, but closed again, you just have to be lucky on getting in :). Here's a post from Engineering Director of Google+

Hey Google+ folks!

As I bet you've noticed, we are facing pretty incredible demand for Google+ invites.

As Engineering Director of Google+, I wanted to take a moment to explain why we're growing the system slowly. First, we want to make sure our infrastructure scales so the service remains fast and reliable. Second, we want to ensure that bugs are fixed while there are still a relatively few people in the field trial.

Things are going well with the systems right now so we feel comfortable enough to open up invites for a brief period. Our goal is to double the user base in the field trial. (Sorry, we're not giving details about how many folks are in the field trial yet).

So, in a few minutes, we'll open up invites again.

We continue to throttle invites, so please don't mass invite folks as it won't work. If you invite a handful of your most important friends and family you're much more likely to get these folks into our system.

Thanks again for providing so much wonderful feedback!

Last edited:
Apparently the invite option was open again this morning. I attempted to invite someone on hear who requested it.
Will let you know if it works or not.

Where is the invite option? Im going bit blind :D

Doesn't always show up as an obvious "invite" button, one way to do it is add a persons gmail account as a friend then do a huddle and bring them into it. Should fire of an email to thaty person along with an invite to join.

That said, it's not full proof and doesn't always work. Depends on when and if google are allowing invitations.

Yeah the invite button is back. Get inviting folks, but don't go overboard. Maybe 10 per person.

Invite button should be on the right hand side of your main page. Just under the "Go Mobile" bit.

Yeah mine just disappeared just now. Oh well, should hopefully be back soon.

Anyone feel like sending an invite when they're available? walkdev (at) googlemail.com

Lots of people have got onto it without a gmail account, including myself (y)

Ooooh, handy!

Might have to see if I can invite me main account as having to use a google account I never use at the moment

can i be cheeky and ask for an invite too please

andrew AT conwaymx DOT com

thanks

I got in last night. Feels strange. Hardly anyone on. It's like turning up at a party about 2 hours before you're supposed to..

AllFallD0wn said:
I got in last night. Feels strange. Hardly anyone on. It's like turning up at a party about 2 hours before you're supposed to..

Quite a few TP guys on there now

I've been on there just under a week. I've now got 41 people in my circles, including 14 TP members, and 25 who have added me. And it gets really busy on there. It's even worse when you're carrying around an Android phone with G+ installed on it.

Why not have a look at this thread, add yourself onto it if you're not already there, and add everyone in that list to a TP circle? And do feel free to add me to the cirle; It's a great way to network and share news about photography with comments in real time.

I've been on there just under a week. I've now got 41 people in my circles, including 14 TP members, and 25 who have added me. And it gets really busy on there. It's even worse when you're carrying around an Android phone with G+ installed on it.

Why not have a look at this thread, add yourself onto it if you're not already there, and add everyone in that list to a TP circle? And do feel free to add me to the cirle; It's a great way to network and share news about photography with comments in real time.

I second this! I'm seeing it grow and to be fair I'm not like the mass facebook type junkies who adds anyone. The circle for TP members (although I don't know any of them) is great for photography resources.

There are some excellent photographs being submitted and the quality of them is miles better than facebooks horrible compression. (y)

They can only be sent to gmail or googlemail addreses

Ok...Ive just opened a gmail account...

steviereillyphotography@gmail.com

If anyone can do me a big fave and pass on an invite it would be much appreciated...

Trying to sort out my contact details...web site...Facebook...email...twitter...etc for buisness cards from moo...so a google+ would be a nice addition...

THANKS to anyone who can help...

STEVIER

Ok...Ive just opened a gmail account...

steviereillyphotography@gmail.com

If anyone can do me a big fave and pass on an invite it would be much appreciated...

Trying to sort out my contact details...web site...Facebook...email...twitter...etc for buisness cards from moo...so a google+ would be a nice addition...

THANKS to anyone who can help...

STEVIER

Sorted! Just sent you one, enjoy. Some people have said it takes a while though so just be patient. Mine came through a few hours after I was told it was sent (but I was sleeping!)

The circle for TP members (although I don't know any of them) is great for photography resources.

I don't think it matters that I don't know any of the TP members, other than having seen some of their posts and photos in this forum. It is great for sharing photography news and resources.

I'd also like to suggest that people put a link to their G+ profile in their signature on this forum. That way, we can add you to our TP circle with a couple of clicks.

Thanks. Put my email on the list and added you (about to add more). Got to get around to installing the G+ app..

If there are any invites going my gmail is sugarbase at gmail dot com

Cheers.

If anyone has a spare invite I'd love to have a look

google.plus at woblee dot com

Cheers.

Back