weekly Jason's 52 in 2014 - SUPPORT Added - We've made it to the end together :-)

I'm with DK on it being one of those compact flourescent bulb things, top down.

works really well, square crop was the only way to go, and I can;t see it being off centre, although it might be!

Hi, twisted is a really good abstract image, I take it it's an energy saving bulb :thinking:

Great composition for twisted! Nice sharp focus on the closest bit of whatever it is and softer edges work well, as does the square crop.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. Really appreciated. As graham has said, it its one of those compact flourescent bulb things, top down. :)

Please excuse my lack of comments on your threads just lately....I hope to stop in and visit you all soon. Jason

Oh what a beauty Jason!

Maybe the idea isn;t your own, but the work here is! Looks very well setup regards lighting and compositionally perfect.

The glisten of water on the orange segments and the spray on the apple says chilled and fresh to me.....

And that's even before we get to the manipulation which is flawless... :notworthy:

Hi, did a similar thing last year though your PS skills are better than mine you can see it HERE
you have done a really good job, brilliant :clap:

One of the better ones I've seen. Well processed, especially the blending. Nice vivid colours and yhe drops of water add to it.

No crit from me.

Chests.

Yep, excellent Jason, very well executed (y):clap:

Hi Jason :)

Fresh - Now I love that, going to be really picky though, the cut isn't quite right, if it was more vertical I would not be able to fault this... super idea,good lighting, love the moisture on the apple skin, and the PP of the orange into the shot is excellent - Love It :clap:

Very well done on this Jason, nice clean bright shot that screams fresh! Top job on the pp too(y)

Week 19: Shape

Felt like doing a composite of sorts this week. Aside from the text all immagery comes from shots I've taken of a Rugby school building, which was built in 1885 apparently. One of the souce images can be seen here

The tempatation was to keep adding more and more details and shapes, but I stopped myself with the aim to keep it more simple / Graphic?

Thanks for looking (y)

Shape 19/52 by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fix the line between the h and the a and I'll pop back later. :)

Morning, well done for not taking it further, I think that can be an issei for all of us in our processing.

I like the graphics used for the Shape word and some great details in the to and bottom. Ok not too keen on the brickwork behind the word, but do like the square crop.

I feel a better, even simpler, BG would have worked better and perhaps emphasised the works Shape better. Something curved maybe that you could warp the text around.

Anyway, nice one with the composite.

Cheers.

Much better, :)

Was always going to be a hard task to follow last weeks orangy apple, but I think you've not let yourself down with this.

Like the square crop and the symmetry, with enough parts that are not symmetrical to give interest.

Particularly like teh attention to detail of flipping the stonework for the bottom, but then unflipping the numbers. ;)

Hi Jason

Twisted......inspired use of an everyday object.....no crit just a :clap:

Fresh....OMG that is just superb...... :notworthy::notworthy: I really need to try this pp effect

Shape....works , good detail but pales next to Fresh

Week 20: Number

Well its been a busy week with the birth of our 3rd (:)) Son , Victor. No crit required or expected for this one. Pic taken in low light with a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the editing done in phone too. Pic was taken a few hours after he was born and used to announce his arrival to friends and family by picture message. He was quite a sizable little guy weighing in at 10lb 7oz

Will try harder for week 21
Meet Victor by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Congratulations Jason, atb for Mum and 3rd son :banana::clap: ............:thinking:... I'll pass the crowbar over to you :D

I'll second that Lynne... Two boys are bad enough, but three..... :)

Huuuuuuge congrats though Jason, and obv to mum as well.

Gorgeous shot of the bairn, but then you knew that. I'm bowled over by the fresh shot. I know exactly how the PP would done for something like that but I don't suppose you have a set up shot so I can see how you physically arranged the two fruit and lit? I'd love to have a try but doubt I could get results that good!

Love the Shape montage. Doesn't look like a montage as all the parts belong together so well.

Back