Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Part Deux

Day 271 - Introducing Charlotte :D

Well I don't know that's it's name don't even know if it's a girl :LOL: but it's my first attempt at getting a spider with the macro lens, in hindsight I think that stopping down too much has caused it to be a touch soft :cautious:

271/366 (636) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

vince31 said:
Creepy Charlotte , nice shot Matt would like to see it tighter.

Can be done (y) glad you like it :D

michael23 said:
looks like you have focused more on the legs. Nice pic though. Really fancy a macro kens again myself

I was trying to focus on the head, in hindsight for the composition I should have probable focused more on the body :bonk: this type of thing is a little new to me :eek:

vince31 said:
It be more Than scary in my household :LOL::LOL:

I would love to upgrade

:LOL: :LOL: the biggest issue for me now is the only upgrade route I would have is 1DX. I guess it's a good job that for me the only investment I have planned is in the lens department :eek:

:LOL: :LOL: the biggest issue for me now is the only upgrade route I would have is 1DX. I guess it's a good job that for me the only investment I have planned is in the lens department :eek:
That's hardly encouring :LOL:

Have thought anout it... my 70-200 & 100 Macro is all I would have suitable, so means another 6-7 hundred on top just to get a basic range of glass, damn hobby :razz:

Dark Knight said:
That's hardly encouring :LOL:

Have thought anout it... my 70-200 & 100 Macro is all I would have suitable, so means another 6-7 hundred on top just to get a basic range of glass, damn hobby :razz:

That was my issue hence why it had to come with the 24-70 that said with the ISO performance of the 5D the slower 24-105 would make an amazing pair too, in think for me the next investment is going to be the 16-35 :eek: very expensive :bang:

That was my issue hence why it had to come with the 24-70 that said with the ISO performance of the 5D the slower 24-105 would make an amazing pair too, in think for me the next investment is going to be the 16-35 :eek: very expensive :bang:
Hhmmmmm I wonder what my March bonus will be :thinking:

Day 272 - Fly on by....

....late last night I got a message about a fly past this afternoon by the on and only Vulcan bomber this afternoon, alas there was no sign of that amazing aircraft, the day was not a total waste however as I did get a photo of this rare aircraft the BAe ATP it's not up there with the Vulcan in terms of rairity however there are still less than 40 still in active service

272/366 (637) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Was that at coventry? Not seen one those before. Did you see the message about the vulcan doing a flypast at birmingham tomorrow?

It is indeed Coventy, indeed I did get the message, and in all my excitement I've just realised that I miss read the message, and indeed it now looks like I'll be spending a little bit of time at CVT again tomorrow as it's supposed to be doing CVT as well as BHX :bonk: how much of a prat am I that I thought it was today :coat:

I bet you have seen these before they are regular visitors at EMA working for both DHL and Parcelforce :D

:D Perhaps I have seen one, I'm not sure. Only ever seen dhl planes and never seen a parcel force job. But we have only really been to the aeropark ed of ema.

There has been one parked up at the far end of the DHL ramp 90% of the time that I've been there :D up near where that L100 that allways appears to be at EMA

michael23 said:
Will have to go through my pics and have a look! Currently racking my brains to get this weeks theme of friendship done before week 40 tomorrow! I look forward to seeing a vulcan pic tomorrow!

You've jinxed me now ;) I will try though :D

What about getting you little girl and her favourite cuddly toy as a portrait :D "best friends"

Last edited:
I sat watching the Vulcan being serviced one day at Doncaster (Robin Hood) Airport ...........one hell of a machine

Well its doing flyovers at Coventry and Birmingham airports tomorrow I love it after concord its my favourite aircraft :D

I'm going to be keeping an eye on twitter, it might go through ema yet looking at the map on there site

EMAG will be alight with info in the morning I suspect :D

Day 273 - Live long and Prosper.....

.....I know :geek: but today I went and got my photo of the day from the fly past of the Avro Vulcan as it passed over Coventry CVT the weather was great for it this afternoon and I loved this one because the star of the show is also showing off a nice sun burst star :D

273/366 (638) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

vince31 said:
Bloody cracking photo Matt, life in the old beast yet !

Thanks Vince, there's another couple on my Flickr that are cracking in fact maybe a little better but I just loved the sun burst :D

michael23 said:
Hi Matt, what a cracking picture! That starburst is ace, adds a little extra. Pleased you got it (y)

Cheers michael, it brief but wonderful as the first time I saw it two years or so ago :)

Back