weekly n1kcy's 52 in 2013 - Week 21 added

n1kcy

Special.....Extra Special
Name
Nicky
Edit My Images
Yes
What have I let myself in for?!?!?!

No rules for me, I'm just aiming to do the theme each week that I can and we'll see how far I get.

Last edited:
Good luck with your 52 Nicky, it's well worth it. Fantastic sense of achievement is felt when you complete it.
I have added you as a contact too on Flickr ;)

Hi Nicky

welcome aboard , we're a friendly bunch round these parts , look forward to seeing your shots (y)

Nicky, I look forward to seeing the results.

Hope you and your husband are keeping well.

What an encouraging start, thanks everyone. I think I'm going to have to eat all the Christmas chocolates tomorrow so i can photo all the wrappers for my sin picture....

Andy & I are keeping well, thanks Clive.

Week 1 - Sin

I've chosen the sin of greed:

8349732743_45b37438c7_c.jpg

Nice one Nicky (y)

Bang on theme, a creative take on the theme.
I like everything about this, its well lit, compositionally very good with the shallow depth of field and I particularly like the colours. Good work, great start. Iain

Nice photo Nicky, just having the Tax in focus woud have shown Greed :)

Good lighting on the board without blowing the highlights :)

just a little more DoF for me only slight crit cant fault it otherwise :clap:

Hi, Nicky, well composed Sin and you've got just the right number of buildings on Mayfair. Move DOF and focus.

Crit, well, it looks a tad cool on my iPad:thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks for all the comments :)

The dof seems to split opinion but that's art. The lighting was just natural light, I used a tripod and over exposed by a third of two, I check the histogram to make sure I don't clip the highlights too much.

posiview said:
Blooming predictive text....for 'move' read 'nice' :bonk:

Lol I agree, similar things happen to me, it will remain a mystery how predictive text chooses seemingly random words to the ones you are after.

Love the thinking behind sin, still new to feedback of others, but love all the colours and the sharpness around Mayfair and houses

Brilliant. Love the way the chance cards are so neatly stacked, really keeps your eye on what's important in the picture. The fact I play as the old boot gets you an extra bonus point (y)

Well done Nicky -great start.. Great lighting lets the various colours come through really naturally.

I'm also of the view that the DOF is 'not quite' great enough, the focus point (for me) on this is the hotels and houses and MAYFAIR, you've just lost the top of the last hotel.

But a brillliant take on greed, which stands out in a strong field of first shots from all the 52'ers. (y)

Thanks everyone, there are certainly some good entries for week 1, lets hope we can all keep up the good work.

Hubby & I have spent the last 3 nights playing monopoly, sadly I've lost 2/3 games :(

Great use of colours and original idea. I like the DOF and the fact you had chosen Mayfair for hotels & houses, the dearest on the board. Well thought out idea. Cracker!

Love this, great DOF. My fav game as well! Unfortunately I'm banned from playing with my kids as I always win... I just cheat better ha ha. Great one!

That got a (y) from me straight away. Lovely lighting, nice muted colours and the central composition really works.

Crit, hmm, perhaps a nice clean BG may have served to make the plate and your hand stand out a tad mor.

Good show :clap:

Cheers.

I like that, just what i had in mind :LOL:

Agree with the other comments. Great shot.

Nice 1. Ive been wracking my brain all day thinking of season, well season as flavouring never came to mind.

Nice photo too

That got a (y) from me straight away. Lovely lighting, nice muted colours and the central composition really works.

Crit, hmm, perhaps a nice clean BG may have served to make the plate and your hand stand out a tad mor.

Good show :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks, the lighting was a pain, I just took loads of shots each time holding the flash gun in a slightly different position, trying to avoid a hot spot on the tiles in the background.

Like that as you caught some of the seasoning mid air, adds something to the shot :)

That was exactly the intention, not easy to achieve though.

I like that, just what i had in mind :LOL:

Agree with the other comments. Great shot.

Thanks.

Nice 1. Ive been wracking my brain all day thinking of season, well season as flavouring never came to mind.

Nice photo too

I usually try to do something different to everyone else :LOL:

Good take on the theme and I like the capture of the seasoning falling.

Love it :love:, and very jealous! looks good enough to eat:). I wondered if it was too symmetrical at first, but realised that it would look wrong if the seasoning was coming down off centre!

Well done at catching the fall of the seasoning onto the pasta.

Can't add anything to the above comments its good central and a nice touch with the falling seasoning :clap:

Thanks everyone, it was just luck that the pepper was falling in the centre :nuts:

Back